Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Over 6 years of playing WoW I haven't found yet what's fun about repleneshing health bars up...
    I know a friend of mine that never played a heal too over 5 years of WoW,I think there's a huge solid difference in personality between people that play healers and people that don't.
    I say this because I'm amazed by this healers uproar.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    ...maximum mana is the benchmark. Or it was anyways... now I suppose I won't have one...
    Wouldn't in combat regen be a benchmark?

Anyway the major picture here is the amount of mana you have now or in 5.0 will not matter if you're doing it wrong. If you're being efficient and don't overlook spirit, you will have the regen and abilities you need to get the job done. If you want to be able to spam flash heal because you have 50k mana more than you need to do anything just for the "HPS" you should just change to a scrub dps that doesn't understand the point.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    When you get down to it, something had to give. INT simply affects too much as a caster increasing spell crit, spell power, regen and mana pool/longevity.

Breaking it up allows each stat to be tailored individually. Whetehr this turns out to be a good idea depends on how they do it.

EJL
    They are not breaking it up. They are creating a permanent number for the mana pool. Just calling it diffent thing. Im totally and utterly discusted in this feature. It removed a key elemnet of RPG in the game. But it gives blizzard one more component that will determine the difficulty of enocunters.

Like I said. This is game breaking feature. I have annual pass and will try this but I can promise you that it feels now to the point of me leaving the game if this feature goes life.

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 11:16 AM ----------

And strenght and agility is not star for other specs ? Have you not been playing this game at all ?

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 11:25 AM ----------

The key element here is that spirit in WOW is a joke stat. it has half the value of every other core stat. It does not matter how much you add to it ... THe value of it is reduced even further cause it regens mana diffrently based on when you cast and when you are not casting. So by removing Crowing mana pools - Blizzard is basicly telling healers to sit doing nothing to regen mana and let everyone die in harder enocounters cause if not they run oom anyway.

So basicly BLizzard has found the PERFECT tool to control difficulty. But it also makes for a totally and utterly lack of RPG element for healers and will reduce the number of healers in the game by probably 50%.

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Let's put it into bigger numbers here. Which do you want - 4000 int or 4000 spirit? Maybe a mix between the two? 40 int here, 40 int there, all of a sudden you're looking at THOUSANDS of points difference.(JUST looking at current gear - The difference between fully gemming and enchanting int vs spirit is something like 900, with the added bonus of heart song vs power torrent)

40 int might not matter, but compound that on every.single.piece of gear, and every.single. gem slot, ontop of every.single.enchant - and you have a lot of variation here.
    4000 spirit is HALF the value of 4000 int even if they removed mana pools. YOu loose mana regen while casting. So healers are basicly supposed to sit doing nothing half the time to have enough mana. So with fixed permenent mana pool not depending on gear... the game becomes a joke in terms of RPG where a KEY element for healers is removed from the game. (cause they will need bigger and more frequent heals in harder content). No thank you.

THe value of it is reduced even further cause it regens mana diffrently based on when you cast and when you are not casting
    So you haven't played since 4.0? Since it hasn't worked like that since then.

You're also putting way to much weight on relative stat weights... something that changes on a regular basis, even during an expansion.
    Yes, Int is worth twice as much as spirit... because it gives both regeneration and throughput.
    They also intend to dial down the other primary stats to go along with this.

Lastly, you do not have the slightest clue what RPG means. Int giving mana is not a key RPG element. Having int is not a key RPG element. You do not even need magic in an RPG, though it's a common feature.

I can't wait for this change. It allows for dev's to balance out healing, and damage output in raids. People forget the WoW dev's made a nice post on how Wrath healing became its own monster, mindlessly spamming one button as a healer. The game is intended to engage all spec, classes, and players in a meaningful manner.

Making a raid to challenge healers is hard. If devs don’t make the damage do certain things, an entire spec of healer is not needed, or to many of a certain spec.
    Taking away intellect from increasing mana pools makes dev’s jobs easier. Tuning content for healers will be a bit easier. Not easy, but easier.

Deleted
    A necessary change since gear both bolstered Healer output as well as their available resources.

This lead to exponential scaling which is bad design.

perhaps spirit will grant more mana? Not regen, but actually increase your mana pool.

All it said was intellect wasnt going to affect mana pool size. They didnt say that your mana pool would stay the same from the day you hit 90 to when you get to level up again. Its possible they will add another stat for mana and a gem/enchant along with it. You might have to choose between mana and intellect. Of course this seems to be the same as when we used to have to choose between int and spellpower. Or possibly spirit or stam could increase mana pools. I do think its annoying that they have to keep changing this up. I didnt see any problem with ap/sp/arp but they got rid of them to reduce stats and then added mastery which is the most confusing stat ever. They got rid of def rating but not hit. If they want to make the prime stats less powerful they should just make the yellow ones better not change up everything.