Hey guys, long time reader first time poster here!

I just posted this on the official forums in the hope the blues will read it and think about it, but I would like to hear your thoughts on it as well.

This is the post. (title is Monk Healing Stance)
Hi there, I was thinking about the Monk healing spec and it's resource and have an idea for that I would like to share with you.

It might be farfetched, but here goes.. You've introduced a new resource to the game: ki/chi. Now as far as I know and picked up from reading the Q&A's, both the tank and dps spec will use ki/chi to use their abilities and then build up points to use the Light and Dark force as finishers without targeting anything ever. This is great and I think I'm going to love it. But then we have the healing class.

They change stance and use a mana pool instead, but still use kicks and punches and normal healing abilities (like the other healing classes). I'm actually disappointed that you had to choose this option for the monk healing spec. I wish you could've kept to the ki/chi thing and instead using a mana pool, have a fatigue bar or something similar.

The idea is that the healing class will still use ki/chi as their resource, but they would have to manage the output. The faster the player uses the skills to heal, the faster the fatigue bar fills up (or empties?) and with that the slower the ki/chi resource will regenerate. This way the monk healer can go for a quick healing burst, but if he does that then he will drain his fatigue bar (think of spamming Flash Light drains your manapool quickly) and will make it harder for the monk to heal later on (or right after, you can balance this out), because the regeneration of the ki/chi will be slower due to the level of his fatigue bar.

And what can he do to lower his fatigue bar? Well, meditate or take five or something similar, like you would do in real life (with limitations, x seconds per y minutes with a total of 3 or 5 for example). So, catch your breath and then go at it again. I mean what's more awesome than e.g. having a monk meditate while floating in the air in the lotus position, pulsing an aura every second for a couple of seconds, regenerating and then getting back to action once more? :P

Anyway, I put this up here in the hope you could review this, because it lives up more to the monk class in my opinion than just another mana pool augmented with kicks and punches.

Also, it doesn't have to be a fatigue bar per se, but that's the idea I came up with thinking about the class (monk) and spec.

Please note:
There might be faults with this idea that I haven't thought of yet, because I just came up with it, heh. I'd say I rather have something like this than a mana pool for this class.

Thanks for reading!

~ Can

So, what do you guys think?

---------- Post added 2011-11-11 at 01:30 PM ----------

This is the link to the post.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2986509129