Attonement Disc Priest Stats.

I just respecced my Priest to Attonement Disc for the first time because I think it's a really different way of healing then I'm familiar with.
    I just wandering about the stat prioritization. I know Intellect and Spirit first, but then what next.
    And what with the stat prioritization be in 4.3 as us Attonements?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerbrett241 View Post
    I just respecced my Priest to Attonement Disc for the first time because I think it's a really different way of healing then I'm familiar with.
    I just wandering about the stat prioritization. I know Intellect and Spirit first, but then what next.
    And what with the stat prioritization be in 4.3 as us Attonements?
    From what I've read about it, you're still a Disc Priest. All you're doing is subbing out a glyph and a few talents. I personally don't do atonement on my disc priest because it just doesn't have the throughput for raiding.

As I've heard, Haste Right now is the best for Disc Priests, but I don't know whether or not if it changes if you're attonement.

Nothing changes if your AA really. AA is really only used when there are lulls (don't get me wrong, its a very useful spell, its amazing for H domo and making it through the first scorp phase with 2 heals). So get gear as you normally would. Generally either haste or mastery, I prefer haste, I tend to swap between tank and raid heals a lot in our runs and haste seems to win out for me. Its preference really though. Some people advocate for an even mix of haste, mast. and crit. That can work too but again personal preference.

Just to re-iterate, there's no such thing as "AA/A healing" you should never have atonement as your top heal out side of gimmick fights (like Halfus) or unless your healing the Shanox tank. G-heal, penance and bubble are your go-to spells.
    Last edited by Serraphis; 2011-11-10 at 02:12 PM.

Deleted
    Hello,

I use AA spec on every heroic fight except Ragnaros (still haven't downed him on heroic yet) and Heroic Baleroc. Personally, I like to go for haste/mastery build with cca 2300 spirit. AA is really good, but situational, for example Domo heroic, you can basically solo heal this. Or Heroic Lord Rhyolit, where its amazing to heal the tank tanking the Spark of Rhyolit, Alysrazor HC I basically only AA heal the tank during normal phase...

Deleted
    This isn't what I would have gone for, but after discussing this with a priest who was doing much better healing than me on an FL trash run in both holy and disc:

I'd start with mastery, then go with mastery, then have a little bit of mastery, and after that you can cap mastery. Once you're mastery capped, gear for mastery.

I suppose the rationale is that with PW:S being your staple spell (which doesn't have a cast time) haste isn't going to be as useful as increasing the amount of absorption on your shields.

I'd also note that the priest I was talking to uses Train of Thought (I think that's what it's called, the one that lowers the duration of Weakened Soul on the target when you heal them) whereas I use an Atonement build (to build up stacks of evangelism) until people start taking heavy damage and then start with normal heals. I now try to keep PW:S on at least one tank at all times (for Rapture procs) and Penance on every cooldown on the tank who's currently taking damage (or a raid member who's in dire straits)

Seems to work rather well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP is asking about AA stats - it seems your (Trihan) post is regarding disc in general.
    Also, Strength of Soul is what decreases weakened soul duration. ToT lowers inner focus cooldown.
    I also also wouldn't worry too much about someone doing more healing on FL trash than yourself. Boss fights are what matter and even then, bigger numbers don't necessarily mean better performance.

As for AA stats - there isn't really a different stat priority for AA, you shouldn't be trying to main heal with AA anyway. AA is just kind of like getting a truck with 4WD - just an extra bonus; another tool to use. You definitely shouldn't be driving in 4WD 24/7 though; only when it's appropriate. If you're looking for stat advice, there are about a million disc stat threads on this forum with people doing math and stating what works best for them.