Thread: The Shared Tree

10+ Year Old Account

The Shared Tree

Hope this doesn't break NDA, but I had a question about the Shard talent tree. Let's take the Madness tree of the Sith Inquisitor. Is the Madness tree completely different than the talent trees in the two ACs, or is it a combination of talents from both ACs?

The shared trees, from what I know, have talents that affect the base class skills or something from each AC. It is 100% its own tree and will play differently depending on which AC you are, but is the same actual physical tree whether you are an assassin or sorcerer.

It's completely different and independent, meant to offer you a different playstyle than wither AC might afford. For instance, the Consular has a tree called Balance which is sort of a hybrid melee and Force powers tree. Trooper's shared tree is focused on AoE explosives. Smuggler's shared tree is all about CC and DoTs.

I assume that these are mirrored for the respective Empire classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    So are these shared trees almost like a third AC?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So are these shared trees almost like a third AC?
    Nay, each advanced class has three talent trees. It's easier to visualize if you just think of ToR having 8 classes on each side.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    it seems to be a pvp tree as well, as far as i can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyoric View Post
    Nay, each advanced class has three talent trees. It's easier to visualize if you just think of ToR having 8 classes on each side.
    Good use of nay!

But exactly, each AC is a class, commando trooper for instance has a healing tree, a shared explosives (aoe) tree and a dps tree focused on gun abilities while the vanguard is a whole different class with shared tree, dps tree, and tank tree.

As soon as people are in-game the AC-is-a-class association will be easier. I can't give specifics but the game helps in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    As soon as people are in-game the AC-is-a-class association will be easier. I can't give specifics but the game helps in that regard.
    Pretty much. It won't take long for people to stop thinking of classes in terms of their base class and start just using the advanced class instead. A commando is a completely different animal from a vanguard, regardless of thier having several shared abilities.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.