Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Finally got around to properly stress testing the new case/cooler.

Code:
    Name: noteworthynerd
    Processor: i5 2500K
    Clock: 4.6GHz
    Voltage: Max voltage hit was 1.32V (Offset Mode)
    Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 (w/ low-noise adapters)
    Screenshot LINK: http://i.imgur.com/NK31fRM.jpg
    Valid CPU-Z link: Forgot. I'll get one later.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depressing! After a 9 hour run. >_<

Temps look a little high, granted you also have low-noise adapters on and a tiny case. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

5 mins short of 8 hours

Name: Zhukii
    Processor: i5-2500k
    Clock: 4.4 GHz
    Voltage: 1.32 in BIOS
    Cooler: CM Hyper 212+
    Screenshot LINK: http://i.imgur.com/8kt040t.jpg
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.canardpc.com/2664957

Deleted
    "INTELBURNTEST, Folding@Home, OCCT, and previous versions of Prime95 HAVE BEEN REMOVED. ALL WHO USED THEM IN THE PAST HAVE BEEN GRANDFATHERED IN, HOWEVER NO MORE ENTRIES WITH THESE WILL BE ACCEPTED."

So these tests suxx or you just want everybody to use the same test ? I read the normal occt is good and the linpack is so hard than it's not even a good point to test an oc . So a chance mine is not really stable ?

Will probably test it with prime and posted my oc later .

Quote Originally Posted by xeru View Post
    "INTELBURNTEST, Folding@Home, OCCT, and previous versions of Prime95 HAVE BEEN REMOVED. ALL WHO USED THEM IN THE PAST HAVE BEEN GRANDFATHERED IN, HOWEVER NO MORE ENTRIES WITH THESE WILL BE ACCEPTED."

So these tests suxx or you just want everybody to use the same test ? I read the normal occt is good and the linpack is so hard than it's not even a good point to test an oc . So a chance mine is not really stable ?

Will probably test it with prime and posted my oc later .
    It means they want everybody using the same test, so that the results are comparable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the point in doing more than 1 hour stress test for normal use, as seen here:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1198504/c...asrock-edition

Anyhow, I will still do the test and see what temps I get with my new case / h100i instead of 212evo

Name: Toffie
    Processor: 3570K
    Clock: 4700MHz
    Voltage: 1368 (1344 while running prime95) http://i.imgur.com/FPiheDz.jpg
    Cooler: 212Evo push'n'pull config
    Screenshot LINK: http://i.imgur.com/Pmax30M.jpg
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.canardpc.com/2746712

Will try again when I receive my case & h100i this weekend!
    Last edited by Toffie; 2013-03-27 at 08:10 AM.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    After a few nights of messing around I finally got this stable. I will be seeing what voltage I need for 5GHz soon, but have a busy two weeks coming up so will leave it at this for now.

Name: ItsRedd
    Clock: 4900MHz
    Voltage: 1.245v with 0.04 turbo. (Running prime: http://i.imgur.com/VjODL0F.png )
    Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2.
    Screenshot LINK: http://i.imgur.com/6fTDc1U.png
    Valid CPU-Z LINK: http://valid.canardpc.com/2754405

It gets a little hot, but haven't seen any temps going above 60c while playing Bioshock Infinite on ultra. Feel I may need to re-apply thermal paste however, starting to feel the stuff that came with the cooler may not be the best option...

Either way, 5GHz, here I come...

Edit.

I see the last names haven't been added to the leaderboard. Is this not being updated anymore?
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-04-02 at 06:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    I see the last names haven't been added to the leaderboard. Is this not being updated anymore?
    I think he have been keeping busy, atleast I hope so.

1.245v for 4.9? I envy you ALOT I had 1.305 v at 4.8 but the chip was degrading fast and had to increase the voltage since I kept getting BSOD in BF3 :/

Also i'm not expert here, but how come my temps are lower than most with much better coolers running 1.3 v + ? And why do my hwmonitor keep saying I run the cores at 1.2 v? Is this some kind of bug and i'm running 1.2 v? I'm not seeing higher than 76c in prime at 1395 v at 4.8GHz.. :/
    Last edited by Toffie; 2013-04-02 at 08:56 AM.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zhuki was off by 5 minutes and I am sorry but I have to hold everyone to the same standards.

I'll get to you guys later today.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    1.245v for 4.9? I envy you ALOT I had 1.305 v at 4.8 but the chip was degrading fast and had to increase the voltage since I kept getting BSOD in BF3 :/

Also i'm not expert here, but how come my temps are lower than most with much better coolers running 1.3 v + ? And why do my hwmonitor keep saying I run the cores at 1.2 v? Is this some kind of bug and i'm running 1.2 v? I'm not seeing higher than 76c in prime at 1395 v at 4.8GHz.. :/
    How would you monitor that the chip is degrading fast? I'm new to the whole OC'ing game, y'know!

And you do have really low temps. But, I also have really high temps. Not sure what it's caused by. I'm re-mounting my heatsink this weekend, as soon as I find some high-quality thermal paste, to see if it makes any difference. My P95 kept crashing about 3 hours in on ~1.200v. 1.245 is the first voltage it's managed to hold itself together. Not liking my temps at such a low voltage, still....

Lastly: Is it weird that my temps peaked 20 minutes into the test? They never got above those temps again in the 7+ hours that followed.

@ your voltages: Are you sure it has nothing to do with the offset / intel turbo speed thingymajig? My HWMonitor voltages are a little higher than CPU-Z. :/ (by 0.0xx) Probably because it peaks when I'm not looking, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'll get to you guys later today.
    Thank you very much, sir!
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-04-02 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran 4.8GHz 1.305v at 12-24 hours in prime95 several times, after 1 week I got the 09c BSOD error in BF3, In that case I had to increase my voltage more and more. :/

Deleted
    I ran 4.8GHz 1.305v at 12-24 hours in prime95 several times, after 1 week I got the 09c BSOD error in BF3, In that case I had to increase my voltage more and more. :/
    Ooh. :/ I'll have to keep an eye out for that then. I've had a few fatal errors in Bioshock Infinite which would cause the game to crash. Haven't extensively played on this voltage, which is the first voltage that passed prime. I'll have to see if I get errors tonight ingame (playing the same chapter for the fourth time >.< no autosaves). If not, and I do get them some time from now, I'll know it's due to the cpu degrading.

Cheers for the tip.

Most my OC'ing was to get myself listed in here anyway. lol. Might go back to 4.5GHz'ish when ambient temps go up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lastly: Is it weird that my temps peaked 20 minutes into the test? They never got above those temps again in the 7+ hours that followed.

@ your voltages: Are you sure it has nothing to do with the offset / intel turbo speed thingymajig? My HWMonitor voltages are a little higher than CPU-Z. :/ (by 0.0xx) Probably because it peaks when I'm not looking, lol.
    Happens to me aswell, low temps - after 20-30 min highest temps - then runs 10-20 c lower the rest of the time.

I will try tweak into the intel turbo :P

Deleted
    Happens to me aswell, low temps - after 20-30 min highest temps - then runs 10-20 c lower the rest of the time.

I will try tweak into the intel turbo :P
    Could also be the CPU Load Line Calibration I guess? I needed level 1 to monitor the same voltages under load then I had set in BIOS. Level 5 = no compensation at all, level 1 is full compensation. My guides told me to try level 2 and 3, to see which one gave me the same voltage in CPU-Z as I had set in BIOS. (I feel weird trying to suggest things, as I'm a total noob when it comes to OC'ing. )

Your temps would make more sense at 1.2v though
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-04-02 at 10:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could also be the CPU Load Line Calibration I guess? I needed level 1 to monitor the same voltages under load then I had set in BIOS. Level 5 = no compensation at all, level 1 is full compensation. My guides told me to try level 2 and 3, to see which one gave me the same voltage in CPU-Z as I had set in BIOS. (I feel weird trying to suggest things, as I'm a total noob when it comes to OC'ing. )
    Your the noob? I don't even know what the hell that is xD It's not even listed on my motherboard. Yours look like this?
    http://www.overclock.net/content/typ...66118/flags/LL

I found it on my board, I'll try to play around with it. Thanks for the suggestion mate.

Ok, I set the vcore to 1.4, LLC to 2 and the voltage downclocks to the same I used for 4.7GHz... I need to read up on what exactly it does.
    Last edited by Toffie; 2013-04-02 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    Your the noob? I don't even know what the hell that is xD It's not even listed on my motherboard. Yours look like this?
    http://www.overclock.net/content/typ...66118/flags/LL

I found it on my board, I'll try to play around with it. Thanks for the suggestion mate.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 10:44 AM ----------

Ok, I set the vcore to 1.4, LLC to 2 and the voltage downclocks to the same I used for 4.7GHz... I need to read up on what exactly it does.
    It compensates for the Vdroop, which is what the drop in voltage is called when a CPU ramps up to full speed. CPU LLC basically counters that effect.

I didn't feel comfortable overclocking in Offset mode, so I did it with a fixed vcore. I'm not 100% on how offset OC'ing works. (Drops down to 1.xGHz when idle?)

I used this guide a lot. It's also tailored to our ASRock interface.

10+ Year Old Account
    It compensates for the Vdroop, which is what the drop in voltage is called when a CPU ramps up to full speed. CPU LLC basically counters that effect.

I didn't feel comfortable overclocking in Offset mode, so I did it with a fixed vcore. I'm not 100% on how offset OC'ing works. (Drops down to 1.xGHz when idle?)

Yeah, that makes sense. Same guide I use aswell, I'll try to study everything he said instead of skipping the boring parts.
    Last edited by Toffie; 2013-04-02 at 10:53 AM.

Basically LLC which has a few other names is used to stabilize the voltage so that you don't suddenly pull more voltage than it was ready to supply and thus the next tick is quite a bit lower which can cause more issues than I have time to talk about. The basic principal is if you have removed energy saving functions from your bios you'll have a more even flow this allows in reality for better performance always, but you may or may not need it and having your pc nap etc would be more optimal for you etc.

After a few nights of messing around I finally got this stable. I will be seeing what voltage I need for 5GHz soon, but have a busy two weeks coming up so will leave it at this for now.

Name: ItsRedd
    Clock: 4900MHz
    Voltage: 1.245v with 0.04 turbo. (Running prime: http://i.imgur.com/VjODL0F.png )
    Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2.
    Screenshot LINK: http://i.imgur.com/6fTDc1U.png
    Valid CPU-Z LINK: http://valid.canardpc.com/2754405

It gets a little hot, but haven't seen any temps going above 60c while playing Bioshock Infinite on ultra. Feel I may need to re-apply thermal paste however, starting to feel the stuff that came with the cooler may not be the best option...

Either way, 5GHz, here I come...

Edit.

That is quite a magical chip you got there, congrats.
    Mine runs 4.5ghz @ 1.256v
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Basically LLC which has a few other names is used to stabilize the voltage so that you don't suddenly pull more voltage than it was ready to supply and thus the next tick is quite a bit lower which can cause more issues than I have time to talk about. The basic principal is if you have removed energy saving functions from your bios you'll have a more even flow this allows in reality for better performance always, but you may or may not need it and having your pc nap etc would be more optimal for you etc.
    Ah, that explains! I only knew it happened, not entirely sure why, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Confined View Post
    That is quite a magical chip you got there, congrats.
    Mine runs 4.5ghz @ 1.256v
    Ty sir! I feel my temps are a bit high for those voltages though, so I can't exactly keep bumping it up and increasing my vcore. Temps will reach my personal limit rather quick. Haha

Either way, my pc never rests. Don't ever put it to sleep or anything neither With an SSD + Win8, booting times are insane anyway. And I incidentally also don't give a crap about my electric bill, since it's a fixed price.

Starting to wonder if there's anything to gain from replacing my stock Dark Rock Pro 2 fans for some... better ones. Hmm....
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-04-02 at 02:00 PM.