Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Rockstar and Bethesda

Need to join forces and create an MMO (no, I'm not talking not ESO or GTA6, that's like saying Goku or Vegeta would be as strong as Vegetto alone). I think I would soil myself at their infinite game-creating genius.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Yea they'd make a good team just leave EA and people like that out of it
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

They definitely know how to make a video game world look alive, and that's with just the NPCs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The two companies that defined the Open-World "genre".... if they collaborated the world would end due to everyone putting ungodly amount of time into that game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    While at least one of those companies still makes amazing games, they'd probably still end up making some of the same fatal errors that other major talented companies have made while entering the MMO market.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to hear similar claims about BioWare. Never underestimate to ability of folks to screw up a sure thing.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I used to hear similar claims about BioWare. Never underestimate to ability of folks to screw up a sure thing.
    Indeed. I'm quite curious to see how ESO turns out, and to see how Rockstar handles the multiplayer fake-MMO that is GTA Online.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's an extremely valid point. That is part of the gamble when investing in a game that could be potentially earth-shockingly awesome or disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would fail, terribly. Take a look at Bethesda's record - not a single game has been released that didn't need the community to fix it. So they'd release a half-assed MMO, but without the ability for the community to do their job like they've forced us to do for every other one of their games for the past two damned decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Indeed. I'm quite curious to see how ESO turns out, and to see how Rockstar handles the multiplayer fake-MMO that is GTA Online.
    Remember, you have to multiply the quality for a collaboration, not add them together. I'm applying Dragon Ball fusion rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    It would fail, terribly. Take a look at Bethesda's record - not a single game has been released that didn't need the community to fix it. So they'd release a half-assed MMO, but without the ability for the community to do their job like they've forced us to do for every other one of their games for the past two damned decades.
    That's why you'd also combine Rockstar with them to augment their weaknesses.

Deleted
    Sry, but RockStar Games are pretty overrated. They just release mediocre games with a 100M PR-budget.

Quote Originally Posted by nuveem View Post
    Sry, but RockStar Games are pretty overrated. They just release mediocre games with a 100M PR-budget.
    Say that to the reception of GTAV and a $245 million budget.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be sure to tell Trevor what you think, sir!

Deleted
    Yeah they could probably make the most beautiful and living world in history. Everything other then that I would have a rather cynical look at

I know there's no accounting for taste, but if that's your idea of mediocre I'd like to see what you consider good.

Played Max Payne 3 just recently, not without its issues but shit that game was fun, awesome-looking and so atmospheric. Plus their excellent track record with the GTAs (I haven't been super fond of the series' direction since Vice City - IMO still the best - but they're still awesome games).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Bioware has always been mediocre/subpar. Even back in the day their story games were extremely linear with an illusion of choice. Rockstar and Bethesda have shown how well they can make a game time and time again. No meaningless choices that amount to nothing, just great fucking story telling. The only books I ever remember having a "choose your own adventure" was Goosebumps; it's a piss-poor form of storytelling that they over hype.

Elder Scrolls online looks like the blandest and most generic MMO ever created.

Infracted: Please post constructively and refrain from posting comments that might derail the thread.
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2013-09-26 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Elder Scrolls online looks like the blandest and most generic MMO ever created.
    Good thing this thread isn't about ESO!

10+ Year Old Account
    Never liked games by these companies, neither GTA series, nor ES/Fallout series. These games have always lacked story, memorable characters, etc. Someone above said that "Bioware is mediocre". Well, I can name at least 100 characters from Bioware games that I like and remember well, and not just main characters, companions and antagonists, but also some common questgivers. Not a single character from GTA/ES/Fallout do I remember. Hell, even characters in Diablo were better made...

Yes, these games offer somewhat open world. But this world is not fun to explore when it is lifeless, without story and characters. I prefer Kotor's illusion of choice which, while is essentially linear, offers jaw-dropping story and incredible quests, than Fallout with its open world, but generic boring characters: "This gekko killed my father! Kill him and you will be generously rewarded!".

As for GTA... I think these are pop-corn games. All the gameplay you have is riding in a car around a city crushing everything, until you get caught by police or get away. I be damned if it is fun by any means.
    Max Paine 1 was fun to play though in its time.
    Last edited by May90; 2013-09-26 at 08:52 AM.

Deleted
    An Fallout MMO would make my life complete.