Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    My other half is currently playing the beta of it right now, and he seems like hes really enjoying it actually.
    It seems to play well and looks nice too imo. Not my cup of tea, not really a shooter fan but I can see this definately appealing to those who are.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Have you tried both the full installer and the streaming installer?
    *slap* Tell me more of this full installer!

Deleted
    Looks worse than WoW. Welcome to 2012, guys - where games actually should look amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Looks worse than WoW. Welcome to 2012, guys - where games actually should look amazing.
    Trolling?

The graphics are fine

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Good graphics don't always translate to a good game.(obviously) Game play comes first and if the graphics are great that's a bonus. But in this case, FPS and awesome graphics are a must nowadays. Why? Because with so many FPS being released every year, that means the competition is huge. You have to bring your 'A' game. Unfortunately many companies can't compete and aren't given/have the budget to compete, so they can only work with what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Good graphics don't always translate to a good game.(obviously) Game play comes first and if the graphics are great that's a bonus. But in this case, FPS and awesome graphics are a must nowadays. Why? Because with so many FPS being released every year, that means the competition is huge. You have to bring your 'A' game.
    It's stylized vs. realistic graphics. The majority of FPS games go for realism (CS, BF, MW ect.), with a few going the more stylized route (Borderlands for example). The stylized games don't have any worse graphical fidelity (lighting effects, pixel count, shaders ect.), but a different presentation. From all the videos/screenshots I've seen of Firefall, the graphical fidelity is roughly on par with most other games, but it takes a more stylized approach. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. For example, WoW doesn't necessarily have all of the lighting/shader effects of many modern games, but still looks great because of the effects of their stylized art style.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    So, for those in beta? Do you see this game building itself a successful niche in the MMO/FPS genre?

EDIT: Meant niche, not nice.
    The game definitely has potential depending on where they go with it. Seems like currently they are trying to lay the groundwork for lots of stuff before they start building upwards so they don't end up with bigger issues later down the road.

Whoever was bashing the graphics, the game looks good even on medium or so settings and looks amazing when set on high.
    Last edited by Hedleyazg; 2012-04-06 at 08:18 PM.

It is my understanding, since people seem to be asking that the Free To Play model for Firefall is that you are not in any way restricted as to which content you can play as a non-payee, but simply will get convenience, novelty and aesthetic perks by paying.
    XP Boosts, Skins etc which do not impact on your performance and therefore not Pay To Win.
    Been following it for a while now and would love to have a go when such an opportunity arises.

Deleted
    NDA is LIFTED, all your questions about the game, can be answered now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    NDA is LIFTED, all your questions about the game, can be answered now!
    Nice, well I guess I would start off asking what testers general impressions are. How is the PvP, the PvE, are there mounts, exploration, etc, etc...
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

been wanting to play it since i have first seen it, signed up for beta on all my emails and still no beta invite :/ wanna play it so bad >.>

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Nice, well I guess I would start off asking what testers general impressions are. How is the PvP, the PvE, are there mounts, exploration, etc, etc...
    Exploration is a joy, though it's yet to be really populated by mobs/NPCs/quests. Map is quite huge.

This is the currently explorable area, with the unexplorable purple boundaries covering several times more area than what we can currently get to.
    To give a rough idea of the size, this screen covers about half of the upper right circle on the map.

There aren't mounts, though there will be vehicles in the game at a later time, most likely only available to Armies, AKA guilds. Unsure if this will include flying vehicles, but it seems unlikely at this point. There is a sort of fast travel in the form of gliders, which you use by launching yourself from special jump pads.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-04-07 at 04:45 AM.

Graphics aren't everything, and for FPS games most competitive players turn their graphics to the bare minimum to squeeze out every fps they can. This game's graphics look great, though, and I hope I get into the beta. I'm currently in the Tribes: Ascend and Ghost Recon Online betas, so I'm interested to see how this compares.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The Blizz devs worked and Vanilla WoW (and possible TBC), and they don't like "new" Blizzard at all. Firefall has been on the horizon for some time and looks promising. The devs are very passionate about their game and very insightful about the current state of MMOs in general. They are well seasoned and know their stuff.
    So you were sitting with them chatting and told only you all that stuff? cool story bro...

I played the beta and this is gonna hurt some people's feelings (but I'm being honest) - It felt like Global Agenda 2.0. If that's your thing then yay! It isn't my thing. I was sad. PS2 now has my undivided attention.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    PvP - Still working on balance.
    PvE - Still being implemented
    For exploration/mounts see Herecius' post.

Deleted
    Seems very interesting. Hoping for beta key so I can test it out.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-04-07 at 01:51 PM. Reason: misspell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    So you were sitting with them chatting and told only you all that stuff? cool story bro...
    There is this website called reddit, not sure if you've heard of it, where people go to talk to other people. Anyway a lot of game developers like to do a bit of promotion and do AMAs. I don't feel like looking up names now but one of the lead developers of Firefall has done one at least twice now.

Edit: Dug up the AMA anyway: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme..._and_original/
    Last edited by PACOX; 2012-04-07 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I played the beta and this is gonna hurt some people's feelings (but I'm being honest) - It felt like Global Agenda 2.0. If that's your thing then yay! It isn't my thing. I was sad. PS2 now has my undivided attention.
    As someone who previously played GA, this is quite helpful.

Anyone on this forum in the beta?