Page 77 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thanks for all the tips and answers, been running round Diamond Head collecting Melding Crystite and Thumping. If I try and solo the actual quest I'm going to guess it will go badly? I'm in 500-600 I,II gear atm as a Rhino. If it does require a group to they have to be "skilled" or will anyone do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Thanks for all the tips and answers, been running round Diamond Head collecting Melding Crystite and Thumping. If I try and solo the actual quest I'm going to guess it will go badly? I'm in 500-600 I,II gear atm as a Rhino. If it does require a group to they have to be "skilled" or will anyone do?
    Oh god. It's 100% impossible to solo the diamond head one. Like, legit? That one is hard. You have to have someone go around and activate the temporary shields (which only last a second) on any pylon that's about to get hit by meteors. And you need someone of the ridge taking out the sniper squads. And you need to protect the 4 main access points which will have waves of chosen (and elites) flooding every half a minute.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Do they have a date for when they consider the game out of beta? Just curious. The game is pretty much live, but they have to take the beta sticker off eventually. :P
    It isn't even close to being complete. At least one thing i know for certain with Red5 is they are thorough, if they have to remake half the game tomorrow on a whim, i wouldn't put it past them to not do so. Although i feel the base they have now is rock solid. They just need to increment more, and whenever they feel confident, then it will be labeled as a Live game.

A Letter from the CEO:

Firefall fans, we owe you an apology. When Open Beta commenced on July 9th, our servers were overwhelmed. There were several issues that prevented people from logging in, completing the tutorial, or using calldowns and garages and printers. As I stated on the forums, this was our fault, and we take full responsibility. Stage 1 of Open Beta was meant to stress our system, and we gained many, many players during that time that did, indeed, stress our servers.

We have also taken many steps to improve the way the service handles load. While we still have more to do, we have greatly stabilized the service and restored functionality. Some specific fixes include:

Login Works
    - We have resolved the vast majority of login errors, including 503 errors, and have raised server capacity in all regions to better handle the load.

Blackwater 5-man instance & Melding Pockets Online
    - Nearly all issues with visiting these new zones have been resolved. Players can reliably reach these new areas now.
    Enjoy the frozen Antarctic, or molton lava of Diamondhead,
    two all new playables instances!

Printer & Garage are Greatly Improved
    - The responsiveness of these terminals are greatly improved and enhanced. The vast majority of UI glitches have been fixed with these stations. Tutorial videos have been added to help explain how to use the garage and crafting system.
    Quicker responding and smoother interactive terminals.

Calldown Menus are Back
    - Players no longer lose their calldown menus and do not have to relog to get their 5th ability slot to work. Players can now reliably access their thumpers, daily mission crates, scanhammer, etc.

Dropships Resume Regular Flights
    - Dropships are now working consistently and can be found ferrying passengers all over New Eden.
    Dropships have returned with improved and quicker routing systems.

Tutorials are Unstuck
    - Players who create new characters no longer get stuck on the secondary weapon or jet crafting missions. Most charactesr who were stuck should be able to resume play normally, or have customer support restore their character. Our support staff has cleared their tickets and are now back to running at nominal 24-48 hour response time. We expedite all stuck character issues, so often this issue will be resolved the same day.

Please accept our apologies for the rocky start, and while we are not past all of it yet, things have improved tremendously and we are working on resolving the remaining issues.

Meanwhile, please join us for a series of new content and features that are rolling out regularly. Its been an incredible experience and only made possible by you, the community. Thank you and see you in Firefall.

- Mark Kern
    CEO & CCO, Red 5 Studios
    Well, that was nice of them

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Oh god. It's 100% impossible to solo the diamond head one. Like, legit? That one is hard. You have to have someone go around and activate the temporary shields (which only last a second) on any pylon that's about to get hit by meteors. And you need someone of the ridge taking out the sniper squads. And you need to protect the 4 main access points which will have waves of chosen (and elites) flooding every half a minute.
    O_O, well thanks for the heads up lol, glad I've been sitting on my Melded Crystite rather than trying to start the mission. That all sounds pretty intense....could really do with a guild or somet I think or maybe start trying to get everyone in Diamond Head to start working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    O_O, well thanks for the heads up lol, glad I've been sitting on my Melded Crystite rather than trying to start the mission. That all sounds pretty intense....could really do with a guild or somet I think or maybe start trying to get everyone in Diamond Head to start working on it.
    Feel free to add me (Ronina). I can probably help you scrounge up some peoples.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't seem to get interested in this game. When they announced it, it was interesting. But now? Not at all.
    And those pvp matches really don't appeal to me at all. Feels like this game has taken way too long to be released, it feels outdated.

I don't mean to offend, it's just my impression of the game.

hoping on of you closed beta veterans can help me out.

WHERE THE HELL DOES ONE FIND A GOOD LOCATION TO FARM THRESHER DNA!!!!!!?????

beyond frustrated.

Thresher DNA is a bitch, I usually go to south west of Thump Dump (not too close to the melding) and drop a squad 1 which I call back when the first big wave of thresher spawns. You should aim for LvL 2 DNA, they tend to drop almost as often as LvL 1 but you need half of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Thresher DNA is a bitch, I usually go to south west of Thump Dump (not too close to the melding) and drop a squad 1 which I call back when the first big wave of thresher spawns. You should aim for LvL 2 DNA, they tend to drop almost as often as LvL 1 but you need half of them.
    This.

I would grab a bastion and afk thump there while watching a movie, every other minute looking down to grab up all the drops.

Feel free to add me (Ronina). I can probably help you scrounge up some peoples.
    Thanks man, off out for the weekend but will add you on Monday.

west of thump dump. got it. thanks guys!

oh, and bastion is the suit i fell in love with. it's all i really play now.

Patch Notes for V0.7.1688

Open World
    Increased Chosen attack frequency on POIs and Towers. Players should no longer get stuck on the Echoes from Sertao mission. Fixed a crash that was caused occasionally when using /promote command Turret mode decay rate reduced. Fixed an issue where dropships were dying in the Melding and never returning.
    Combat

Accord Assault
    Afterburner Speed burst reduced from 30 to 25.
    Firecat
    Inferno Dash speed burst reduced from 25 to 21. Inferno Dash AoE reduced from 3 to 2.
    Accord Biotech
    Healing Wave no longer damages players.
    Recluse
    Maxmimum ammo reduced from 200 to 100 for Bio Crossbow.
    Rhino
    Laser HMG regulation (PvP) and stock clip increased to 300 bullets.
    Electron
    Stock Shock Rifle damage decreased from 225 to 200. Regulation (PvP) Shock Rifle damage decreased to 300. Regulation (PvP) Shock Rifle ammo clip reduced from 12 to 10 ammo per clip.
    Crafting
    Resilient Plating I - IV requires the correct resource now. - Personal Health Sensor IV has been corrected to take a stat that has a higher resilience. Personal Health Sensor IV requires the correct resource now. - Personal Health Sensor IV now takes regenics for its resilience stat. Flame Applicator IV requires the correct resource now. - This component now takes Xenografts over Biopolymer for Thermal Resistance. Stasis Field Unit IV requires the correct resources now. - This nanoprint now takes Biopolymers over Xenografts for Toughness. Firecat's Immolate IV components improve ability stats now. - The AoE stat will now modify correctly depending on the quality of stat on the input. Firecat's Inferno Dash AoE now scales with crafting. - The AoE stat on inferno dash will now scale depending on the quality of resource Health Propagator IV requires the correct resource now. - The nanoprint now requires Aluminum for Malleability. Overseer components improve the ability stats now. - Fixed Shield Energizer to accept Mass as its stat over Power, this will now affect the output depending on the resource quality input. Repairing Nanites components improve ability stats now. Changed the constraint type of the component Personal Health Sensor from Power to Mass. Heavy Turret components improve ability stats now. Charged Pulse Generator components improve ability stats now. - Charging System component changed to Energy Generator for recharge stat. Supply Station components improve ability stats now. - Instant healing System (healing) constraint type is now set to Mass over Power. Players are now effectively able to reduce the cooldown on Burn Jets. - Changed Fuel Charger to Energy Generator which is a recharge based on Power. Players are now effectively able to reduce the cooldown on Afterburner. - Changed Fuel Charger to Energy Generator which is a recharge based on Power. Players are now effectively able to reduce the cooldown on Emergency Response. - Changed Fuel Charger to Energy Genrator which is a recharge based on Power. Multi Turrets III and IV will now deploy at 100% HP. **By Design: Multi Turret cooldown begins after placing third turret. This decision is strictly for balancing purposes as we are not comfortable with players instantly deploying seven turrets. We allow players to store up to three turrets at a time and "maximum turrets" is not the same kind of stat.
    Here's some patch notes.

Recap: This Week in Go4Firefall: August Cup 1
    By August 06, 2013 13:19
    Go4firefall_2013_07_31
    Greetings, Firefall fans! This past Sunday, the very first Go4Firefall tournament took place. We were extremely excited to see the turnout and this tournament get underway. Thank you to all the competitors and viewers that joined us on Sunday for sharing this special moment with the Tribe.

Go4Firefall ESL Cup 1

When we got down to the Semi-Finals, we had tournament favorites Epsilon.razer (MorteC, TwoEasy, uNFixed, vallutaja and Winghaven) face off versus Slam.gg (Tilter, blindrob, Jinstrel, TecHNaSTy and turtsmcgurts). Epsilon showed everyone why they were the tournament favorites and shut out Slam.gg 22-0. (MatchID: 16740439456826177536).

On the other side of the Semi-Finals, two very strong competitors, Pomf (Ephix, Athelian, Famine, Figit and Jixid) and Hubris (Chmp, Rasx, Coolmatt69, Meta and Talespin) faced off to see who would be playing in the finals and who would be playing for third place. Both teams are familiar to Firefall competitions and Hubris showed that they haven't lost their step, taking the match 15-3 over Pomf (MatchID: 16740439456826182400).

Following their Semi-Final losses, Slam.gg and Pomf played one last match for this tournament to decide which team would take home the prize of 200 Euros. Both teams fought well and hard but at the end of three periods, Pomf came out on top of Slam.gg 7-4, taking third place (MatchID: 16740439456826201088). Congratulations, Pomf!

This brings us to our finals, where Hubris and Epsilon.razer squared off for this week's first place prize. Both of these teams are very familiar with each other and have built up a bit of a rivalry in scrims and community-run tournaments over the past year. Epsilon.razer was projected by most to take the whole tournament fairly easily, but Hubris showed up with their A-game. Hubris took the lead early on and built up a big advantage scoring 10 points to Epsilon.razer's 0. In the third period, Epsilon.razer mounted a big comeback effort, but Hubris was able to retain their lead and went on to win the match 10-6 (MatchID 16740439456826201600). Congratulations to Hubris for winning the first ESL Go4Firefall Cup and 500 Euros!

(Full ESL bracket)

Summary

First Place (500 Euros): Hubris
    Second Place (300 Euros): Epsilon.razer
    Third Place (200 Euros): Pomf

NESL Go4Firefall Cup 1

Following the ESL Go4Firefall Cup 1 was the NESL Go4Firefall Cup 1. Sixteen teams were placed in the bracket for the NESL cup. There are no region restrictions so we saw a lot of the same teams in the ESL Cup, with a couple of new competitors to round out the bracket. Though a lot of the same teams played, we saw some shifts in how the matches played out.

First up in the Semi-Finals, we see Hubris face off against SPADUTCHLISH (Iongas, BromaS, HarryHook, Kye and VoKUS). In the ESL bracket, SPADUTCHLISH was knocked out of the tournament early on, but this time defeated Pomf in the Quarter Finals to earn their place in the Semi-Finals. In this match, though, Hubris looked to be taken a bit off guard as SPADUTCHLISH played a very strong game. Hubris managed to come out on top at the end of a nail-biter, taking the match 9-8 (MatchID: 16596325113449529856).

On the other side of the bracket, Spin Move (Buds, ErickeK, PoorBilly, NicholasTJO, Goonersky) defeated Slam.gg to advance to the Semi-Finals where they met Epsilon.razer. This was yet another intense Semi-Finals matchup where both teams fought their hardest but ultimately at the end of the match Epsilon.razer managed to get that extra little push they needed and overcame Spin Move 4-3 (MatchID: 16596325113449517568).

In our match for third place, SPADUTCHLISH and Spin Move went head to head to see which team would be taking home the $200 prize this week. Spin Move was looking strong early on and hung in the game, tying it up at the end of two periods 6-6. Unfortunately for them, SPADUTCHLISH built a lot of momentum in the third period and scored three times for three points and Spin Move could not recover. SPADUTCHLISH takes the match 15-6 and the $200 third place prize (MatchID: 16596325113449545728). Congratulations!

In our NESL Go4Firefall Cup 1 Finals, we had a rematch of the ESL Finals where Hubris and Epsilon.razer once again would compete against each other for the prize of $500. Both teams had a close brush with elimination in the Semi-Finals of this tournament. Epsilon.razer started out with an early lead in the first period but by the end of the second period, Hubris managed to catch up, making it 6-6. In the third period, Hubris made an interesting adjustment to their team composition, switching their Electron out for a Raptor so they could utilize Power Field to help sway the balance in their favor during team fights. Epsilon.razer continued to show strong composure and managed to take down Hubris in team fights, allowing to score ten more points in the period, finishing the game at a final score of 16-6 in Epsilon.razer's favor (MatchID: 16596325113449557248). Congratulations for taking first place, Epsilon.razer!

(Full NESL bracket)

Summary

First Place ($500): Epsilon.razer
    Second Place ($300): Hubris
    Third Place ($200): SPADUTCHLISH

Thanks again to all the competitors and the event production staff for putting on a fantastic and exciting show for all of us! Don't forget that if you want to compete in next week's cup, there is still time to sign up (teams that signed up for the first cup have to sign up again as well).
    Go4Firefall Weekly Cup 1 (starts about 1 hour in)
    http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_firefall/b/440687399

So I have been playing Firefall and LOVE it but I am noticing that the standard white/green/blue/purple dont exactly line up to traditional standards. Am I missing something?

Also I bought a Blue assault rifle for my Recon but I cant equip at the garage, there is obviously more to this game than I understand or am finally losing my MMO touch. Also any ACTIVE players here who I can join up with and learn faster ingame. I am REALLY loving this game and want to get great while providing all the bug testing I can do.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    So I have been playing Firefall and LOVE it but I am noticing that the standard white/green/blue/purple dont exactly line up to traditional standards. Am I missing something?

Also I bought a Blue assault rifle for my Recon but I cant equip at the garage, there is obviously more to this game than I understand or am finally losing my MMO touch. Also any ACTIVE players here who I can join up with and learn faster ingame. I am REALLY loving this game and want to get great while providing all the bug testing I can do.
    You have to unlock the ability to use higher quality gear by progressing the 3 different aspects of your frame.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You have to unlock the ability to use higher quality gear by progressing the 3 different aspects of your frame.
    just to clarify, there's two forms of quality in firefall.

the item being green, blue, or epic is independent of frame level. this is it's Q^level.
    IE: chosen assault rifle II Q^230.
    the roman numeral after the item is the frame gated part. So, rank I is usable with the first white block, of the required stat. Rank II is the first green block, rank III first blue block, rank IV the red block.

its actually simular to traditional mmos.
    the quality is like traditional mmos and the roman numeral rank is like its level requirement.

so like, shadowfang would be like shortsword I Q^978

- - - Updated - - -

Firefall Double Crystite Weekend
    and Battleframe Sale!

To properly usher in this week’s Firefall Beta patch, we have some awesome specials and goodies planned for all our New Eden residents. Read below for details on what we have planned for this weekend and beyond!

Double Crystite This Weekend!

This weekend, all Crystite drops and rewards will be double! There is no time like the present to perfect your frame, unlock constraints, or research and craft those items you have been putting off. Crystite rewards will be doubled starting this Friday at 10:00am (PDT) through Monday at 10:00am (PDT)! Please note this is for drops and rewards, refining and the ARES Exchange marketplace are not affected.

30% Discount on Pilot Token Unlocks!

Also, from now until August 20th, all Battleframes can be unlocked for just 7 Pilot Tokens instead of the usual 10. Join us in celebrating frame diversity by unlocking those new frames you have been thinking of trying. No better time to collect a few more frames! (Remember, this only applies to Pilot Token prices; Red Bean prices still remain the same.)

New Glider Wings and other items for Red Bean Buyers!

Starting today, ANY in-game purchase of Red Beans, (from $5 and up), will grant a one-time bonus of a new rechargeable Glider Pad with a new Red Plasma pattern! This glider is on its own cooldown, so it can be staggered with other gliders. Also included are the “Top Run and Gun” helmet and “Target” decal. This is a limited time offer until September 10th and we plan a regular rotation of great bonus items for Red Bean purchases every month.

Unlock the World! Visit our New Zones!

We know that many of you have not yet had the chance to visit new areas in Firefall. We’ve made it substantially easier to reach these exciting new areas. Check the molecular printers for the keys to unlock these new regions if you haven’t yet. Each zone features a unique encounter that will unlock the special story mission, Blackwater Anomaly. In the future, players will be able to push back the Melding in each of these pockets and expand them into full size new zones for Firefall. Unlock the World! Reclaim Earth!

Blackwater Anomaly Runs with Devs & Rangers

Rangers and Red 5 developers will be hosting Blackwater runs and taking groups of players through this exciting 5-man story instance. No keys required, and the Rangers have some small rewards planned for joining them. Look out for devs in chat with the Red 5 logo inviting people into the mysterious new area!

Thank you for being a part of the Firefall beta. As always, if you have feedback or concerns, please be sure to share them with us via the Forums, UserVoice, or E-mail.
    It's rainin crystite! -Oilspill
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-08-09 at 03:59 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's rainin crystite! -Oilspill
    Hrmm...I think we need to play this weekend then. And I also might go in for the lowest red beans to get the reusable glider pad with fancy effects.
    BAD WOLF

Patch Notes for v0.7.1694

General
    Join Red 5 for the Double Crystite Weekend! Starting on Friday, August 9th @ 10am PDT (17:00 GMT) through Monday, August 11th you can earn double crystite from PvP, mission rewards, and resource drops across New Eden.All battleframes are now on sale for only 7 Pilot Tokens for a limited time. This sale will last until August 20th.The purchase of any Red Bean pack now includes a new glider (on a separate cooldown), a new helmet, and decal. One per account.PvP Leaderboards added. Check out where you rank in each gametype on the global leaderboards and even vs your friends list.Ranking is based on ELO scores of match-made PvP matches.Check this out in your Nav Wheel or at the end of a PvP match.A new location reporting heavy levels of enemy activity has been located Southwest of Copacabana. ARES teams are requested.Low-stage ARES missions have seen a decrease in enemy activity and should be more reasonable for junior ARES operators.New advances in our understanding of Chosen technology have solved issues of destabilizing Chosen bomb placements when the incorrect key is placed in the available socket. The correct key will now help stabilize the bomb by 10%. The Chosen have responded by decreasing their bomb timers.Ratchet is once again selling special rewards for ARES operators with an abundance of beta crystite. You are still not able to create new beta crystite.Battleframes will now start with the ability to use their three core abilities. Players will still need to spend XP to unlock the ability slots in the garage in order to make changes to those ability slots.Arcporter keys for Antarctica, Sargasso Sea, and Diamondhead are now far easier to craft and had their resource costs cut down to 10% of previous amounts.Added recipe tracking audio to the crafting UI.Changed Jetball spawn countdown to begin at 3 instead of 10.
    Crafting
    Adjusted the Inferno Dash (Firecat) AoE stat to a floating point. It should now show that it is scaling with crafting properly.Immolate III (Firecat) will now properly have its area of effect stat changed based on the quality of resource used during crafting.Inferno Dash III's (Firecat) area of effect stat will now scale depending on the quality of resources used during crafting.Inferno Dash IV's (Firecat) area of effect stat will now scale depending on the quality of resources used during crafting.Power Field III's (Raptor) rate of fire buff and buff duration should now scale properly depending on the quality of resources used during crafting.Power Field IV's (Raptor) rate of fire buff and buff duration should now scale properly depending on the quality of resources used during crafting.Sprint energy cost was removed from the crafting preview of servos as it was a stat that was not being used.
    Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue where some players would be stuck at the Armies of the Accord loading screen when connecting.Fixed an issue with Jetball countdown UI not matching the actual ball spawn.Fixed an issue where Warpaint purchases were not saving upon exiting the Battleframe Garage.Player location is no longer reset to Copacabana upon logging out and back in. Upon log in, players should be placed at the closest Accord-owned outpost in New Eden to where they logged out.
    Known Issues
    The duration of Power Field III and Power Field IV's field is not scaling with the quality of resources used during crafting.Players will no longer be able to completely un-equip a non-HKM ability. This is not an intended effect.Players are unable to craft Deployable Power Relays II, which is required to build Deployable Shield (Accord Engineer) II, III, IV.
    Patch notes.

I used to like this game very very early in its beta stages, but now it seems to be focusing on pvp more than most. I know it just came out with 2 more zones, but I remember playing with a ton of people & doing chosen invasions & taking back towers, basically cleansing the land. Now that doesn't seem to happen anymore.

Its a shame really, the game was good when it was simple, but I can understand why they need more and they do really. Its just a shame I can't enjoy it as much as I used to.