Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If they keep that stuff in...considering how many times they've redone the starting experience in the past few years (at least 5 that I can remember) I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled all that to replace it with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If they keep that stuff in...considering how many times they've redone the starting experience in the past few years (at least 5 that I can remember) I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled all that to replace it with something else.
    I am actually concerned about what is going to happen to the BWA key chain once they make the warfronts into full zones. I would hope that they would just put the 10 man events behind a melding repulsor like the baneclaw raid and keep the chain intact.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Zito, if you would like, I can log in tonight and see if I can help you work around the bug. It might be that if I can get you close enough, or have you interact with, the first package (the first quest objective) I can trip it into showing the rest of the quest.
    That would be nice, I've made 3 characters and I follow the quest up to crafting your first ammo pack and then it just drops off to nothing and then it will display my daily quests and whatever is near by.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Can't tell if serious
    Then I am awesome at patch notes. Technical writing win...even with the grammatical errors. I'm totally kidding. Only BiowarEA would charge someone for a quest tracker.
    BAD WOLF

My offer to Zito extends to anyone. I will shepherd you to to the story, ye shall not want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    My offer to Zito extends to anyone. I will shepherd you to to the story, ye shall not want.
    Why must i suffer being a European. Blah.

I'll make a new character one more time and try it again :l

Also I haven't found a use for secondary weapons yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Why must i suffer being a European. Blah.
    I don't follow... I spend about half my playtime in the EU server due to my friends list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'll make a new character one more time and try it again :l

Also I haven't found a use for secondary weapons yet...
    No, I think I know whats happening. I think you need to deposit a crystite resonator at copacabana to trigger it if it doesn't automatically start (I think thats a bug).

Oh and secondary weapons can be used to offset the weaknesses of your primary. Like snipers with SMGs or shotguns. Or ammo conservation like dragonfly with assaultrifle.

- - - Updated - - -

You can also ditch your secondary so you can move faster / have more energy for reallocation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    hmpf, I thought my answer was pretty good, it's a fun game to shoot stuff with, a shame they took out the pvp (was my favorite part of the game)
    there are hundreds of other games to shoot stuff in..

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    true but I liked the movement mechanics plus the combat is pretty decent here

similar to Tribes Ascend in that respect I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    true but I liked the movement mechanics plus the combat is pretty decent here

similar to Tribes Ascend in that respect I suppose
    Yeah. Of the games like firefall (global agenda and tribes ascended) it's currently the only one receiving any development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    Rocket boots. Glider pads. Personal Akira cycle. No other games have all those.
    BAD WOLF

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. And it has something on it about picking up a package north west of transhub, next to Serto, from Batsheba. If you got that already, then it says something bout picking up all the parts from south harbor, thumpdump, and copa. If you do that, then it says something about crafting the three keys. If you do that. Then it has something about doing the 3 raid events in the warfronts. If you do that, then it has something about making the BWA key.

Literally hand holding you from start to BWA.
    Hmmm, I don't think its doing what it's supposed to any more. I don't have any of that. I ended up needing to use a third party site just to get the Copa key made but there is nothing showing anywhere for making the other keys to open BWA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Rocket boots. Glider pads. Personal Akira cycle. No other games have all those.
    yup...probably the main reasons why this game still sits on my desktop despite my personal dislike for Red5.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Hmmm, I don't think its doing what it's supposed to any more. I don't have any of that. I ended up needing to use a third party site just to get the Copa key made but there is nothing showing anywhere for making the other keys to open BWA.
    Some people might have a bug, some people might not know about depositing a crystite thing at copa to trigger it if it isn't showing, and some people might just be broken and need to put in a ticket.

It could be that R5 isn't bothering to fix the hiccup because the first part of the chain is being removed. Not sure how I feel about that because it is important lore wise. If you take away the part where you take the pieces from east of dredge/serto then Graves little speech about the wolf and goat doesn't really make sense anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't follow... I spend about half my playtime in the EU server due to my friends list.
    You mean to tell me i could play on NA servers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    You mean to tell me i could play on NA servers ?
    Yeah. All I would have to do is invite you into my party (or anyone else who plays in NA). I get pulled into the EU by my friends all the time for invasions and stuff. Then I usually just sit over there and play. I have no idea how Firefall does it but playing over the atlantic doesn't seem to have a large impact on my latency. I mean, do you want to check right now? I can log on.

- - - Updated - - -

The optional sub pricing is in! Weekend warriors rejoice!
    In an effort to provide more premium options for Firefall players, we are pleased to announce our VIP Program. Each VIP Pack grants a 50% Crystite boost on missions and pickups, two additional manufacturing slots, and eight extra marketplace slots. Note that occupied manufacturing slots will not disappear when the VIP Pack expires; have peace of mind when taking crafting to the next level.

Purchasable with Red Beans, the VIP Packs range in duration from 1, 3, 7, 30, 180, and 365 day packages. Advancing your battleframe and gearing up at the Molecular Printer is a whole lot easier with a few bonuses. Get ahead of the game and take advantage of the VIP Pack which will be available very soon.
    10 beans = 1.25 dollars
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-09-26 at 12:01 AM.

Nice, I like the flexible pricing options. I've been hoping for years that we'd see more MMO's open up varying subscription pricing options that were for less than a month (i.e. 1, 3, 7 day subscriptions) and it's nice to see not only Rift pick that up, but also Red 5 taking it a step further. The only thing they're missing is a 90 day option, but given the rest of their choices that's more than forgivable : P

10+ Year Old Account
    The pricing could be a tad better, but this is phenomenal. I would have 0 problems with the subscription model with that one simple change. It effectively lowers the barrier for re-entry so that you can dictate exactly what you want out of your money. I would play and pay for multiple MMOs this way. Many games would get money that otherwise they would never see from me. Sure it might only be $30 over a year, but it's money they won't have otherwise.

Well I guess the pricing isn't bad. It's just the one day cost that is a little much as it would cost twice a normal subscription to buy a month in that increment. That's why they have the better value options, but yeah.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    The pricing could be a tad better, but this is phenomenal. I would have 0 problems with the subscription model with that one simple change. It effectively lowers the barrier for re-entry so that you can dictate exactly what you want out of your money. I would play and pay for multiple MMOs this way. Many games would get money that otherwise they would never see from me. Sure it might only be $30 over a year, but it's money they won't have otherwise.

Well I guess the pricing isn't bad. It's just the one day cost that is a little much as it would cost twice a normal subscription to buy a month in that increment. That's why they have the better value options, but yeah.
    I am almost 100% positive that is to deter people from using the 1 day pass for crafting exploitation (it will still happen but. yeah). I mean, you can pay 1.25 dollars and then queue 4 T4 five day crafts letting you finish learning a frame in about 10 days.

Well, perhaps not deter. Profit off of exploiters at least.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-09-26 at 01:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That makes sense, but it's pretty common for the lowest choice to be the worst value. More than common...like mandatory lol. Still overall I love this. Whenever I want to play a weekend with you whenever we have more time in like...5 years...I can just pay for a 3 day pass and go nuts.
    BAD WOLF