Page 35 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was interested in Firefall when it was first announced but I just dont like how its turning out. I havent played one second, i have watched videos of it but i just dont think the idea of the game is gonna stick. If it played more like a borderlands MMO i would give it a shot but i dont think thats what they are going for.

Im sorry I disagree. If Firefall has any kind of half decent PVE content like a "NYC-in-ruins" zone or inside of space ship zone...it will KILL games the likes of Defiance, and all other post-apocalyptic MMO's. It plays super smooth, it just needs the content for this game to shine. I have high high hopes for this one. Yes I am a founder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I played a bit last night and felt the opposite. I got endlessly frustrated by how unresponsive the game was being after only 10 minutes. I couldn't even finish my quest to change battleframes because it took 5 minutes to recognize that I purchased a different frame, and then I spent 5 minutes trying to get it equipped before finally quitting due to the game refusing to do anything -_-

And it felt like they removed character customization options from when I last played !_!
    They did remove some options. Mind you this is beta. They will likely re-add more they are just working on it. I also did run into that Battleframe slow process. Nothing a quick relog didn't fix tho.
    Generally speaking, you guys need to realise this isn't a released game, very far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    They did remove some options. Mind you this is beta. They will likely re-add more they are just working on it. I also did run into that Battleframe slow process. Nothing a quick relog didn't fix tho.
    Generally speaking, you guys need to realise this isn't a released game, very far from it.
    I'm well aware of that. I'm comparing my experience today to what I experienced early last year when I first started playing beta and I've noticed that the quality has barely improved, and in some respects has gone down from my initial experience. It's a bit disconcerting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I'm well aware of that. I'm comparing my experience today to what I experienced early last year when I first started playing beta and I've noticed that the quality has barely improved, and in some respects has gone down from my initial experience. It's a bit disconcerting.
    I suppose this isn't very far from the truth, i've been in Beta since past October. Theres very little additions. That said i'll not judge this game before they say "Hey this is the beta version we will more or less launch with" . Then i'll decide whether or not the game actually is good. Or bad. I think.. that was only what i was trying to say.

True, its a very very slow launch lol.
    However, they have said they are going back to the drawing boards with t2 and beyond. Which was much needed. It would be nice to know exactly what they are working on but that rarely happens. I think they do that for STO though, right?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    True, its a very very slow launch lol.
    However, they have said they are going back to the drawing boards with t2 and beyond. Which was much needed. It would be nice to know exactly what they are working on but that rarely happens. I think they do that for STO though, right?
    STO? as in Star Trek Online?
    Anyways , yeah i agree with the notion that they need to push for updates faster, and always for more content. It's pretty slow. Doesn't bother me so much because i don't play it sorta like a main game.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-02-18 at 11:44 PM.

They need cyborg ninja suit for this game.
    I have decided.

But seriously, a melee suit would be pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need cyborg ninja suit for this game.
    I have decided.

But seriously, a melee suit would be pretty cool.
    I already named my character LiquidSnake ! I'd be forced to rename it if that suit ever made the light of day.
    I'm still skeptical how melee would work in a FPS.. but still . I suppose if Elder Scrolls games can make decent melee in a first person view, so could FireFall.

I already named my character LiquidSnake ! I'd be forced to rename it if that suit ever made the light of day.
    I'm still skeptical how melee would work in a FPS.. but still . I suppose if Elder Scrolls games can make decent melee in a first person view, so could FireFall.
    I would probably still play it in 3rd person view. I don't know what it is, maybe 8 years of MMO gaming, but I really like third perspective.

edit: Speaking of which, which are people playing in mainly?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would probably still play it in 3rd person view. I don't know what it is, maybe 8 years of MMO gaming, but I really like third perspective.

edit: Speaking of which, which are people playing in mainly?
    I play it in third person aswell, but i'm sure most choose the 1st person, so they can play COD in space. Not sure what you mean by which, i assume you mean Frames? i play a Recon.

I play it in third person aswell, but i'm sure most choose the 1st person, so they can play COD in space. Not sure what you mean by which, i assume you mean Frames? i play a Recon.
    I meant perspective. but knowing peepz frames as well is always cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant perspective. but knowing peepz frames as well is always cool.
    Oh right, well i answered that aswell =) this is what happens when English isn't your main language , brain seems to have missed reading the "in" after "playing".
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-02-21 at 02:41 AM.

Anyone have a spare key for this? Just learned about it and super interested.

I can't play anything other than first person in a game like this. third person just feels awkward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else have a key?
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    I have 5 invites. Send a PM with an e-mail.
    You do not need to have the email of the person to send an invite, because they can simply redeem a key instead.
    When trying to send an invite, if you do not fill in an email address it will be converted to a key instead.
    Which has the added benefit of the invite being seen as "used", so when new invites come out the keys even if not redeemed will not count towards the current limit and not reduce the number of additional invites you get.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got keys to spare. So I'll just leave them here.
    40OHT-37P2B-XIZS0-0C1VI
    WGOHT-8QU9Z-X0GYB-YCLC3
    AM2GX-KIC9T-4IYO9-OE8MS
    LKS1T-PL1QZ-K34NS-BJQBI
    UTON5-IOYMG-K7LKT-3JX8T
    ZP9MP-FS9YK-RDUXM-4FRVV

Didn't realise that I had so many of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post
    I got keys to spare. So I'll just leave them here.

Didn't realise that I had so many of em.
    thanks! game looks fun so far though the world seems a bit empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    thanks! game looks fun so far though the world seems a bit empty.
    depends on when you play and where. If you go to vortexs you will run into people farming them ect. lots of expz. Also, fighting chosen drop pods. That too.

Honestly, the game shines most when you have a group of 5 people and you just go around stomping chosen, taking bases, pushing back nether stuff to thump around.