Page 38 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    So they added world raid bosses eh? Interesting. He didn't seem very difficult though.
    There's actually 2 world bosses. Darkslip and baneclaw. (and we don't even have our pve content yet! (12 more days)

Also, if you took 50+ people to a 10 man world boss it would look easy too lol.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-03-11 at 01:56 AM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Recon needs some love, and they need to implement some mechanic so we get our share of dropped resources.
    1) Resources should be spawned individually for the person. If you hit it, you get it. Open tapping system is really the only way to go here. I don't know if there's programming limitations to actually displaying different loot to different people in a constant world. I know it's a lot more difficult than how traditional looting works since Firefall literally displays the items on the ground.

2) In addition to that, there needs to be an ability to kinda vaccuum the loot to yourself. I mean, this is sci-fi so anything goes.

3) Combining 1 and 2, it seems like maybe they could increase the resource drops when more people tag a mob, but assign certain pieces to specific players. This way the game only has to show one set of items, but you can only pick up some of them. The problem would be the awkwardness of having loot lying around that someone didn't pick up, but you think you're lagging or the game is broken when you run over it 100 times.
    BAD WOLF

Why aren't there pistols? I mean, the icon for ammo is a pistol... but no one has them lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Why aren't there pistols? I mean, the icon for ammo is a pistol... but no one has them lol
    Potential gunslinger class or frame? The game could totally emphasize some wild west, sci fi elements a la firefly and get away with it.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Wants for Recon Frames :
    - Saboteur , Rift like, bombs, explosives
    - Melee Cyborg Ninja , because Ninjas are cool
    - Gunslinger

10+ Year Old Account
    Wants for Recon Frames :
    - Saboteur , Rift like, bombs, explosives
    - Melee Cyborg Ninja , because Ninjas are cool
    - Gunslinger
    I know the game is built to be pretty fast paced, but how cool would it be if there was a stealth frame that could set up booby traps and bombs prior to combat starting, and then fights with a laser whip that shoots in arcs at close range or a tron disc like device that can ricochet between enemies.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    anyone played this on ati 5770 crossfire? how does it run.

also anyone got a spare beta key or do i have to buy a founder pack >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    anyone played this on ati 5770 crossfire? how does it run.

also anyone got a spare beta key or do i have to buy a founder pack >.<
    PM me your email. I've got 5.

Ok. I am gonna say it. This next patch better deliver something substantial or I will be putting this aside until its "done". Revamping frames and crafting does nothing for me. Its just a different flavor of grinding the same-ol-sheet (thumping/incursions/world bosses). I've already pre-ordered Defiance deluxe. And yes I am a founder...the second highest level. Was going to spring for the bike, glad I didnt just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fled View Post
    Ok. I am gonna say it. This next patch better deliver something substantial or I will be putting this aside until its "done". Revamping frames and crafting does nothing for me. Its just a different flavor of grinding the same-ol-sheet (thumping/incursions/world bosses). I've already pre-ordered Defiance deluxe. And yes I am a founder...the second highest level. Was going to spring for the bike, glad I didnt just yet.
    It's like people have said, this game isn't set to launch any time soon. They are letting a large portion of people test a bare bones product at the basic level. The game will not launch anywhere near the state that it is in now. Believe it or not, it makes much more sense to hammer out the systems that are going to support the entire game before they start adding hundreds of things to do.

Believe me, it would bore me to death too if I didn't play with a friend. But the good part is once they get the frames down and the crafting down, then it's just a matter of adding 'stories' to the game. Especially considering they probably already have them built up sitting around waiting, it's more difficult and more critical to hammer out the 'numbers' and balance the gameplay/systems.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope so, not sure i wanna invest money into Defiance. Will see the reviews a bit after its launch.

They've set a good groundwork for stories too.
    IE: the 5 sin imprints per zone? I finished a set and the message on it was like "these seem like random imprints but they are not. They seem to be a code of some sort. I- SOMEONE IS COMING"

And then there's the half melded people in shanty town, the 'gifted ones'.

And who are the chosen? Personally, I am beginning to suspects that they were humans once. They are humanoid, bleed red, and can speak english. Also, the brain worms. Reminds me of the dr who 2 parter about the master and the humans who go crazy in dark space.

Maybe some day our characters can get partially melded and get mutant powers. Who knows?

Maybe we can get melded suits that allow us to go into melded areas without taking damage!

I LOVE SCIFI. SO MUCH POTENTIAL.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, after playing so many fantasy RPGs , once i set my foot into the Mass Effect world, i really grown to like anything Sci-Fi. Before that i only liked Star Wars. Now everything Sci-Fi sparks my interest.

http://www.twitch.tv/r5studios

Friday podcast just started.

7 days till milestone

edit: Woo refund mah beanz from slots!

edit: OMG League of legends system for suits. Love it. Ip/Rp type unlocks! (lol "I NEED THAT FRAME NOW!!! and then they can buy it rather than unlock it)
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-03-15 at 05:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.twitch.tv/r5studios

Friday podcast just started.

7 days till milestone

edit: Woo refund mah beanz from slots!

edit: OMG League of legends system for suits. Love it. Ip/Rp type unlocks! (lol "I NEED THAT FRAME NOW!!! and then they can buy it rather than unlock it)
    I'm still a bit skeptical on how it will work. I liked the concept of leveling up a base class Frame, then splitting into specializations of sorts via tiers. That sounds like theres now 5 different Recons( and juggernauts, and engineers etc.) whose abilities i need to be aware of instead of a base Recon style + specializations. Maybe im reading too much into it i don't know.

I'm still a bit skeptical on how it will work. I liked the concept of leveling up a base class Frame, then splitting into specializations of sorts via tiers. That sounds like theres now 5 different Recons( and juggernauts, and engineers etc.) whose abilities i need to be aware of instead of a base Recon style + specializations. Maybe im reading too much into it i don't know.
    I think it's the only solution because they are making unique suits.
    You are going to have people who are like "I really want to play this style. Why should I grind through 4 suits I don't like to play that one style?"
    I mean, we are going to have to wait and see HOW unique they make each suit.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are going to have people who are like "I really want to play this style. Why should I grind through 4 suits I don't like to play that one style?"
    Yeah i can relate to that the problem i think is they'll have too many suits eventually, just like League of Legends has now over 50 champions, and some play almost alike.
    In the end they won't be able to keep balance with so many suits, and theres gonna be a clusterfuck of abilities , and as new ones come out the others will be plagued by old mechanics.

I like the concept or at least the illusion of progression. Once i get to Tier 5 (lets just pretend its the max for the sake of the argument) i can safely forget the other frames before it and focus on that one. Ideally i think it should be like it was Base Recon --> 2 choices of style for Tier 2 --> 2 choices of style for Tier 3 --> 3 choices of style for tier 4 and so forth , eventually reaching max Tier and having 4 or 5 sub types of Rogue within the Recon (a Powerful Sniper, a Saboteur, a melee ninja, a sneaky sneaky guy with decoys, smoke bombs and stuffs etc). That was my vision of the system at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they really diversify the progression of the frames and allow far greater customization within each suit, allowing each one to have it's own multiple tiers, this news just killed the excitement of progression in this game for me.

It's like they removed a level less leveling system, which I loved. I guess I'll wait to see more.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Unless they really diversify the progression of the frames and allow far greater customization within each suit, allowing each one to have it's own multiple tiers, this news just killed the excitement of progression in this game for me.

It's like they removed a level less leveling system, which I loved. I guess I'll wait to see more.
    ^ This . /10char
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-03-15 at 06:05 PM.

Deleted
    some people might like tier one better than tier 5.. why should they have to be an end tier battleframe to feel useful. It seems that theyre trying to make all battleframes viable at "end game" which is cool.. id much rather have 5 choices than 3. Balance should be easier now that PVP will have its own default weapons and gear so they can "try" to make each battleframe unique (at least i hope they do).