Page 57 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So um..

Anyone have some sort of beginner's guide that's relevant to the newer patches? I've not played much of the game so I'm basically to the point where I'm running around grinding XP to fill in spots on my armor. 8/30 atm, but I know nothing about crafting, upgrading parts on suits, which advanced frames to go for, etc etc.

Last night was actually my first real time sitting down and spending some time with it.

Edit: Found this:link. Been quite helpful. Just threw together my T1 medic weapon where as 30m ago I had no idea what T1 meant.
    Last edited by Luko; 2013-05-03 at 11:39 AM.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    So can you get the motorcycle two different ways?

I thought there was mention of the Cobra being able to be bought with beta crystite...but there is also mention of it being craftable? Going the crafting route seems like it could get tough with the NPCs that sell the parts to craft it only spawning when the SIN towers are at level 3 (and having SIN power levels decay over time).
    They are two different mounts.

(There will be mount and pet collecting in firefall)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

So much to do in this game it's ridiculous. I just got into beta and spent 4 hours exploring and jumping into thumper defense (are you supposed to actually do something besides killing the creatures?). How do you upgrade your items? Can you? The battleform garage has the upgrades to mobility etc. but I honestly have no clue what they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    So much to do in this game it's ridiculous. I just got into beta and spent 4 hours exploring and jumping into thumper defense (are you supposed to actually do something besides killing the creatures?). How do you upgrade your items? Can you? The battleform garage has the upgrades to mobility etc. but I honestly have no clue what they do.
    The guide I linked a few posts above was a god send. In a matter of 3 hours, I went from not being able to find my way back to Copacobana to having my T1 mostly upgraded thanks to XP and materials I got from doing the same things you're doing now, joining in thumpers, laying my own and doing crash events.

Once I get a better grip on it (And stop being so helplessly addicted to neverwinter) I'll be working on my T2 Bastion set.

Edit: On another note, I have no idea why but this game runs my GPU quite hot. It's weird though, I dropped the settings to the lowest possible just to test it out and it doesn't effect my temp in the slightest, even after a client reset. There's literally no temp difference bettwen lowest and ultra graphic settings which is something I've never experienced before and it worries me a bit.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Edit: On another note, I have no idea why but this game runs my GPU quite hot. It's weird though, I dropped the settings to the lowest possible just to test it out and it doesn't effect my temp in the slightest, even after a client reset. There's literally no temp difference bettwen lowest and ultra graphic settings which is something I've never experienced before and it worries me a bit.
    Imma use that ish.

And yea the game works weirdly on the GPU. I get little to no difference in my frame rates whether I'm running on max or medium settings. Always jumping between 28 fps when shit's hitting the fan around the thumpers and 60 anywhere else.

Also it's weird as hell seeing monsters lag across the screen when other players run around perfectly smoothly. Idk what's up with that.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-05-04 at 06:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Patch will probably be monday/tuesday. Phobas said that they don't like doing patches on fridays cause they don't like being unable to hotfix if something goes wrong.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    They are two different mounts.

(There will be mount and pet collecting in firefall)
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I need to read those patch notes closer. Also very cool they are releasing multiple mounts with the patch. I just wish I could bind the calldown for my founder's chopper to a key as cycling through calldowns between thumping, scanning, using explosives, and getting back on my bike is a pita.

10+ Year Old Account
    New patch should be up now, i hope crafting the LGV isnt too expensive as i can't afford the Beta Crystite one =/

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    New patch should be up now, i hope crafting the LGV isnt too expensive as i can't afford the Beta Crystite one =/
    You can turn crystite into beta crystite till the next like open beta.

Too many missed opportunities, especially in the crafting.
    It was proposed in the blog a while back that crafting would allow variation in how stats were distributed on an item to ensure that there was not this outright increase in power, but actual customisation for play style or role.
    That idea unfortunately never materialised despite vocal arguments from myself on the forums.
    Other players dismissed it with little more than "it won't work", and red5 chose to listen to those.

It would have allowed such options as random loot drops, and gear variation where it is equally usable in pve or pvp rather than a mundane fixed set of equipment in pvp.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-05-07 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Too many missed opportunities, especially in the crafting.
    It was proposed in the blog a while back that crafting would allow variation in how stats were distributed on an item to ensure that there was not this outright increase in power, but actual customisation for play style or role.
    That idea unfortunately never materialised despite vocal arguments from myself on the forums.
    Other players dismissed it with little more than "it won't work", and red5 chose to listen to those.

It would have allowed such options as random loot drops, and gear variation where it is equally usable in pve or pvp rather than a mundane fixed set of equipment in pvp.
    Yeah. I feel for you about the gear being and improvement rather than an adjustment. I suspect that we were a vocal minority and the crafting survey they did mid .5 really supported the "gear should make you better" idea because they really took off in that direction in .6.

It's not going to be the sandbox game some were hoping for but it's still going to be great. I am looking forward to 5 man instances, personally.

Anyone have a extra beta key? I don't want to wait until July 9th

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahlka View Post
    Anyone have a extra beta key? I don't want to wait until July 9th
    Check your pms.
    BAD WOLF

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are going to do five man instances? Sigh...for the longest time Red5 was adimate about there being no instanced PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    You can turn crystite into beta crystite till the next like open beta.
    I know, but i don't have enough Crystite for it.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    They are going to do five man instances? Sigh...for the longest time Red5 was adimate about there being no instanced PvE.
    Yeah.. not really looking foward to that.

Can't wait until July 9th

It's third person right? Not FPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    It's third person right? Not FPS?
    Third person like mass effect 2, with first person toggleable with middle mouse click

Deleted
    So, what's up with pink gear? Is it still in cash shop or did they bring it back to character creation?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously...fuck...this...game.

I went from being one of its biggest proponents to, as of the last two patches, hating this game. Seems like ever since it was made public that their Chinese overlords were in the red there has been a big push towards bad designs aimed at inconveniencing players as much as possible unless they pay up and a big push toward open beta when there isn't shit to do in the game except grinding.

The introduction of the new crafting system was the same damn thing they had before (constraint system), but it was an attempt to monetize the process by inserting a bunch of ridiculous middle steps. Before you had the materials you pulled out of the ground directly translating into and end product you can use. The fun was the min/maxing to be just under the constraints and max out your speed/damage/whatever the best you could.

Now its something like:
    raw materials --> pay real money or wait --> materials --> pay real money or wait --> subcomponents --> pay real money or wait components --> pay real money or wait--> product player can use.

Now they added durability even tho only a small minority even wanted it so after you've gone through that whole process of crafting your gear only has a finite durability to it before its completely broken and you have to start that entire process again.

Till they get their heads out of their asses I wont be suggesting this game to ANYONE.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2013-05-08 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Clarificationz and shiz