Page 62 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Exploited how? The spawn rate is awful low relative to number of players.
    If ARES missions are spawning TOO often, they'll spawn right near each other. At that point, it becomes trivial for players to shoot a couple badguys in each of several before dedicating to a final mission, and thus get rewards for all of them.

If you had three squads of 5, for instance, and ARES missions were spawning often enough that there were three in close range, it would be trivial to have everyone kill a couple badguys in two and then hit the third, moving clockwise, and have all three squads finish the third mission in their loop. This means your squads are now effectively clearing three missions in just over the amount of time it would take to clear one.

Heck, I already do this with thumpers and ARES missions as I drive past them; it's like free XP and resources. If they were more widespread and prevalent, it would be even easier.

Bear in mind, too, that the game is still early beta, and has only gotten a couple stages into the intended PvE content. There's a set of storyline quests coming, and quite possibly a bunch more active content. They can also scale up Chosen attacks with players, as well. I don't think Firefall's designed for players to log in and say "today, I'm just doing ARES missions". It's more chaotic and reactive. The world is actively changing, and the player experience is more in reacting to that world than in planning out a path. My usual play sessions will start out with me aiming for something, like thumping for a resource I need for battleframe progression or trying to get all the SIN imprints in a zone, and then I'll get dragged into taking down a tornado, and oh look, an ARES mission (either threat 1 that I can solo or higher but there's others heading in already), and oh crap Thump Dump is being invaded I'd better shut that down, and then it's like three hours after I logged in and where did the time go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've kind of hit a brick wall with progression; each level 5 unlock costs 500 ceramics, which is pretty steep. Are there areas of the map where certain resources are more likely to be found than others? Seems like the only way to get guaranteed ceramics is to look for a map notification, but that means getting there while someone else is already thumping (so you don't get as many as you would if you'd been doing it yourself from the beginning.)

I also saw that it seems like Red 5 is planning on Accord frames being competitive with the other two advanced versions of each battleframe, which I like; I'm sure as hell gonna miss Repulsor Blast if nothing else if I'm forced to pick Rhino or Mammoth to stay competitive, though I'm frustrated that they've removed customization from PvP. I've been told it was done due to balance reasons, but each battleframe only has two additional skills that are shared between all three frames (Turret Mode and Absorption Bomb for Dreadnaught, seems like) and only a few different secondary weapons to pick from, so it doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to balance out the additional variables.

Too bad; Turret Mode would be really nice to have in PvP for the objectives-focused gameplay modes.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I've kind of hit a brick wall with progression; each level 5 unlock costs 500 ceramics, which is pretty steep. Are there areas of the map where certain resources are more likely to be found than others? Seems like the only way to get guaranteed ceramics is to look for a map notification, but that means getting there while someone else is already thumping (so you don't get as many as you would if you'd been doing it yourself from the beginning.)
    Open the map, hit Tab.

Towers that you have connected you SIN with and are controlled by the Accord will show you what resources are where.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

South harbor defense works when you have all these open beta weekend people running around.

8 thousand resources and 3 thousand crystite in 10 minutes? Yes please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    South harbor defense works when you have all these open beta weekend people running around.

8 thousand resources and 3 thousand crystite in 10 minutes? Yes please.
    Chosen were pretty active for the hour or two I was on today. Pity that you get NO FUCKING CREDIT if you die during any of the events, apparently.

I love how there can be like 10 people practically standing on top of you, and no one stops to pick you up.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Chosen were pretty active for the hour or two I was on today. Pity that you get NO FUCKING CREDIT if you die during any of the events, apparently.

I love how there can be like 10 people practically standing on top of you, and no one stops to pick you up.
    You do get credit, if you die. You might not if you don't contribute after you've resurrected, though. I've died during events multiple times, and as long as I got back in there, I still got rewards.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You do get credit, if you die. You might not if you don't contribute after you've resurrected, though. I've died during events multiple times, and as long as I got back in there, I still got rewards.
    I've also never had a problem with rewards on death. The only problem I used to have (not sure about now) is that on ARES missions with defusals/whatnot I had to defuse at least one to get credit for anything.

Now it seems like they have credit coming out the wazoo as you don't even have to be present, but merely in a group doing things to get partial credit.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah.
    I've been making 100,000 exp an hour or so if I get a string of good ARES and a tornado or something.

About tornados,
    They need to update that event. Shooting rocks for 10 minutes is not what firefall is about. Also, with durability the way it is, there's no reason to do the portal anymore. By the time you get to red crystals (200+ drops) you don't have time to reach the exit unless you are like running firecat with inferno dash and that other blitz thing from the base frame. It should be like, if you survive to the last wave, Areo gets a lock on your frame and arc ports you out. And the tornado event itself needs to involve more killing of melded baddies and less rock shooting.

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 02:14 PM ----------

Oh btw,

Important thumping tip.
    If you want to find the heart of the vein, after you hammer, fly up and look down at the hammer readings. You will see a ripple going toward the heart of the vein.

It's a good way to get to the 75% sweet spots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised there doesn't seem to be any news of any major patch incoming before Open beta. Getting a bit worried for this game.

^ I didn't even know this could happen.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Surprised there doesn't seem to be any news of any major patch incoming before Open beta. Getting a bit worried for this game.

Here's a new pvp type.

Here's the CEO talking about what they are planning on doing. (Note that several of the "advanced frames" outlines are clearly NOT human)

And all the weekly videos have info.

Like talking about the instances planned for june.

And that was just after about 10 minutes of searching

Btw, jetball = huttball
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-06-13 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, i kinda can't find any of this info on major MMO websites. Which makes me sad, like there almost seems to be no hype for the game. Regardless , thanks for the links and videos, decent stuff to see here, on a quick glance, later tonight ill watch each video properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, i kinda can't find any of this info on major MMO websites. Which makes me sad, like there almost seems to be no hype for the game. Regardless , thanks for the links and videos, decent stuff to see here, on a quick glance, later tonight ill watch each video properly.
    Don't think games really need hype any more. Pretty sure the people who want to play this game have mostly found it, have given a chunk of money already, and when they do the real launch it will reach out to new audiences.

I'm starting to realize that most MMOs and Computer games in general just fly under the radar and make splashes over time. I mean look what Minecraft and Terraria became...it's not like people were freaking out about these games all over the internet before they were released, yet they've made their creators a ton of money.

MMOs by default take a lot more of an up front investment, but the end result is the same. Just look at a list of F2P MMOs out there right now and you'll be shocked. Probably 20-50 you've never heard of, but all are clearly making money since they continue to run and be produced.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    The dev team's being careful about hyping the game before it's ready. There will probably be some press about it when it goes to open beta, and then another push before full release, but it's better to NOT attract undue attention when the product is unfinished, since you'll inevitably get people evaluating the product as it stands as if it were finished, to its unfair detriment.

Yeah, their official forums and their weekly show is the best way to get info.
    They do a TON of info on their weekly shows.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exploited how? The spawn rate is awful low relative to number of players.
    One of the big exploits right now is that you get into a squad of five and then go run off in different directions completing ARES missions.

Right now (or till Wednesday at least), there is no distance limitation in getting credit for someone completing and ARES/invasion/crashed thumper/etc so as long as you are grouped with that person you get full credit as well. You could be standing right next to your squad mates or on the other side of the map; doesn't matter. The amount of XP people are making per day is borderline ridiculous (upwards of nearly 1mil) and you also get a ton of resources that way as well.

I was directed here from the request a game thread, apparently someone might beable to hook me up with a beta code?

10+ Year Old Account
    i just downloaded the beta after the last major patch and its still the same old repetetive recover a crashed thumper and kill some chosen or thump for resources all day..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    i just downloaded the beta after the last major patch and its still the same old repetetive recover a crashed thumper and kill some chosen or thump for resources all day..
    Yes. Because they're still in the process of adding the PvE content. This is sort of what a "beta" is for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yes. Because they're still in the process of adding the PvE content. This is sort of what a "beta" is for.
    no other beta is as boring as firefall is now..

oh and the crafting in firefall is just so so terrible they dont even give you somewhere to start

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    I guess you're not doing any of the plethora of ARES missions and group content which drops resources so that you don't have to thump all day? I mean, at least be honest if you're going to be critical.
    BAD WOLF