Page 76 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Where is this game headed? I have done a bit more research on it, and it still seems so.... disorganized. Not really sure what Red 5 is doing during this development campaign.

I have been playing the beta for the last few days, and while I LOVE the shooting spree I dont feel and general direction story wise. Its just run around pop a few ARES kill some Chosen Pats or ships, maybe take out a Melding Tornado and THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP. while the kill fest is fun in thumping they need to make a path of somsort to endgame. like i said I LOVE the killing fields but there is no reason for them outside of getting XP and materials.

As to the materials the crafting is a bit confusing (at lest to me) its seems like thy tried to make all basic professions Armor, weapons, stims packs, available to the player as a WHOLE. this in a way will be a big hinderance to the game economy as why buy stuff from others when I can make it my self.

Upgrading the Battleframes is not too difficult so far along with the adding of abilities.

All in all so far I like this game its finally what I have been waiting for a FPS MMO, but for those entering the world if you are not familiar with the mechanics of the game its self they will not play long without some better tutorials

I feel like the server I'm stuck on is full of people who don't know what to do. There really isn't anyone trying to get their BWA keys. And the one time my group actually succeeds at the diamondhead quest it bugs and doesn't give us our item.

this game could REALLY use a crafting guide as there is soo much involved in the crafting that people WILL get lost and frustrated unless you have been at it for a long time already. This is my only relly game breaker for me I don't like how the crafting setup is

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    this game could REALLY use a crafting guide as there is soo much involved in the crafting that people WILL get lost and frustrated unless you have been at it for a long time already. This is my only relly game breaker for me I don't like how the crafting setup is
    It's not that bad... Sure, you gotta play around with it a bit, but nothing you can't grasp over the course of just trying for 10 min..

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    I feel like the server I'm stuck on is full of people who don't know what to do. There really isn't anyone trying to get their BWA keys. And the one time my group actually succeeds at the diamondhead quest it bugs and doesn't give us our item.
    Actually, that's not a bug. It's a chance to drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I have been playing the beta for the last few days, and while I LOVE the shooting spree I dont feel and general direction story wise. Its just run around pop a few ARES kill some Chosen Pats or ships, maybe take out a Melding Tornado and THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP. while the kill fest is fun in thumping they need to make a path of somsort to endgame. like i said I LOVE the killing fields but there is no reason for them outside of getting XP and materials.

As to the materials the crafting is a bit confusing (at lest to me) its seems like thy tried to make all basic professions Armor, weapons, stims packs, available to the player as a WHOLE. this in a way will be a big hinderance to the game economy as why buy stuff from others when I can make it my self.

Upgrading the Battleframes is not too difficult so far along with the adding of abilities.

All in all so far I like this game its finally what I have been waiting for a FPS MMO, but for those entering the world if you are not familiar with the mechanics of the game its self they will not play long without some better tutorials
    first, check this thread for how to get to end game. Between BWA (5m) and Baneclaw (25m) you have a little bit of end game to try.

second, the idea that you can learn all the recipes by yourself only SEEMS viable. T4 recipes take 5 days to research... Each. So, unless you drop a thousand dollars in red beans to speed up research, you are going to have to specialize and use the market.

third, if you are having issues. Just ask us! the community for this game will go out of its way to help you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sakorath67 View Post
    Where is this game headed? I have done a bit more research on it, and it still seems so.... disorganized. Not really sure what Red 5 is doing during this development campaign.
    Chosen war and main story is what they should be working on according to the devtrack. Notice that Aero keeps talking about "S-day"? That's what they are working on. Pushing the melding back in the west and expanding the main map to Serto.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Btw would you guys suggest running my Nighthawk with the R36, Long Range Charge/Decoy/Resonating Bolts - Eruption Rounds? Seems better than the default kit to me..
    I run the raptor with the R36 so... /shrug.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

so i have been messing around with the crafting station and yea it is rather easy to understand now. I will continue checking out this thread for that BWA stuff, i have heard mention of it ingame and do need to know more. gotta say i do miss my TOR companion crafting lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Actually, that's not a bug. It's a chance to drop.
    Thanks for the info. It seems finding up to date info on this stuff is hard to get with just google.
    Is there a better chance of getting it the more towers are up?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    Is there a better chance of getting it the more towers are up?
    Supposedly.

- - - Updated - - -

Help make PVE in firefall more interesting!

Come up with pve mechanics and add them to this thread here

10+ Year Old Account
    Aranha kennels! We find a new species of docile and friendly aranhas that we can groom and take care of! We'll have aranha beauty pageants to see who's the cutest little bugger around! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Although, the pageants would technically be considered PvP lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Aranha kennels! We find a new species of docile and friendly aranhas that we can groom and take care of! We'll have aranha beauty pageants to see who's the cutest little bugger around! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Although, the pageants would technically be considered PvP lol.
    Hmm. And we will need poffins and lots of stirring.

You know what this needs? The melee weapon system from Global Agenda and the weapon sub types of Defiance for secondary weapons.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-07-31 at 11:48 PM.

I've tried searching the thread for this BWA and Baneclaw stuff but could somebody please explain what these are and how I get to them? Is there a guide out there because I'm not having any luck finding one with google.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I've tried searching the thread for this BWA and Baneclaw stuff but could somebody please explain what these are and how I get to them? Is there a guide out there because I'm not having any luck finding one with google.
    There is.

But I can give you a quick over view of what to do.

To get into BWA:
    First, you need to build the arc port keys to the new zones. To do this, you need a few things.
    Step 1: Go to the area north west of Transhub to pick up the package believed to be from dr Batsheba (it isn't but that's another story)
    Step 2: Turn in 50 resonators at Copa, South harbor, and thump dump.
    Step 3: Use the vouchers from step 2 to purchase the arc port components from the quartermasters at copa, south harbor, and thumpdump.
    Step 4: Craft your 3 keys at the printer.
    Step 5: collect thousands of melded crystite within the new zones from missions and thumping.
    Step 6: get a 10 man or more raid group to go do the events hidden behind the melding in the new zones. This will cost a lot of melded crystite to push back the melding a few times and summon the event many times. Each time you complete the event it is a chance to drop. But when it does drop, the entire raid group gets the part.
    Step 7: Take the parts from the three melding pocket events and craft your BWA key.
    Step 8: Get 4 other people and queue for BWA.

For baneclaw:
    Join banebusters. They will guide you.
    (Basically, you need a summon key which is called a melding anomaly neutralizer (MAN) which is like 200,000 CY worth of materials. Then, at the melding repulsors, you can push back the melding, run up to the cloud, turn on your MAN and baneclaw will summon. You need about 25 people)

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh

Looks like you could nuke Baneclaw pretty damn fast before a patch.

That's nothing. I am not sure if you can still do it but you were able to stack overcharges and BBs managed to killed baneclaw in 7 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

There is.

But I can give you a quick over view of what to do.

To get into BWA:
    First, you need to build the arc port keys to the new zones. To do this, you need a few things.
    Step 1: Go to the area north west of Transhub to pick up the package believed to be from dr Batsheba (it isn't but that's another story)
    Step 2: Turn in 50 resonators at Copa, South harbor, and thump dump.
    Step 3: Use the vouchers from step 2 to purchase the arc port components from the quartermasters at copa, south harbor, and thumpdump.
    Step 4: Craft your 3 keys at the printer.
    Step 5: collect thousands of melded crystite within the new zones from missions and thumping.
    Step 6: get a 10 man or more raid group to go do the events hidden behind the melding in the new zones. This will cost a lot of melded crystite to push back the melding a few times and summon the event many times. Each time you complete the event it is a chance to drop. But when it does drop, the entire raid group gets the part.
    Step 7: Take the parts from the three melding pocket events and craft your BWA key.
    Step 8: Get 4 other people and queue for BWA.

For baneclaw:
    Join banebusters. They will guide you.
    (Basically, you need a summon key which is called a melding anomaly neutralizer (MAN) which is like 200,000 CY worth of materials. Then, at the melding repulsors, you can push back the melding, run up to the cloud, turn on your MAN and baneclaw will summon. You need about 25 people)
    Tossing this on the next page for Kronik85. Don't want it to get buried as the last post and have him miss it.

Tossing this on the next page for Kronik85. Don't want it to get buried as the last post and have him miss it.
    Got it on the last page but thanks for being so considerate, maybe the Dr Orpheus avatar is quite apt lol. Just doing the Arc Port stuff now, had to go out thumping for some Radite but didn't take too long. Once this is crafted I'll get access to 3 new areas then? Areas which have higher quality resources? By the time the Arc Port is crafted I'll have finished the research for HLMG III and would like to be able to craft a high quality one.

Another question aswell but the Accord Jump Jets I I crafted during the tutorial are now yellow and at 777 durability and the UI is saying they can't be repaired. Do your crafts eventually give up the ghost or something and lose durability over time or is has something weird gone on?

Off topic but I never get the chance to espouse my love of The Venture Brothers so I'll take the time now. Best show going!

/edit: Found the answer to the question about my Jump Jets, seems all gear is meant to decay so the economy doesn't flat line which seems sensible I guess considering that crafting seems to be the main carrot in getting you out into the world. Providing there is a challenging way to consistently earn high quality that isn't running round the map spamming your Scan Hammer hoping to find a good node then I don't think I'll get frustrated.

In relation to PvP then do your upgrades and gear carry over? If so do you lose durability for dying or participating in PvP? Because that would be pretty infuriating and you wouldn't want to take your good stuff with you.....but if people did take the good stuff and had upgrades then getting curb stomped by some fully upgraded guy when you try PvP for the first time would discourage newbies from PvP altogether. Who doesn't love being that guy doing the curb stomping though!?
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2013-08-01 at 05:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do they have a date for when they consider the game out of beta? Just curious. The game is pretty much live, but they have to take the beta sticker off eventually. :P

@ Kronik85 No, you'll have access to the Copacabana arcporter which will port you to the "Diamondhead" melding pocket. In there you (along with 3/4 people) will have to do a quest multiple times until you get an item. Then you'll be able to build the 2nd key for the 2nd arcporter and then the 3rd. When you have the 3 keys you'll be able to craft (?) the BWA key.

Melded pockets have a greater chance to spawn high quality materials but this is still random.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Got it on the last page but thanks for being so considerate, maybe the Dr Orpheus avatar is quite apt lol. Just doing the Arc Port stuff now, had to go out thumping for some Radite but didn't take too long. Once this is crafted I'll get access to 3 new areas then? Areas which have higher quality resources? By the time the Arc Port is crafted I'll have finished the research for HLMG III and would like to be able to craft a high quality one.

Another question aswell but the Accord Jump Jets I I crafted during the tutorial are now yellow and at 777 durability and the UI is saying they can't be repaired. Do your crafts eventually give up the ghost or something and lose durability over time or is has something weird gone on?

Off topic but I never get the chance to espouse my love of The Venture Brothers so I'll take the time now. Best show going!

/edit: Found the answer to the question about my Jump Jets, seems all gear is meant to decay so the economy doesn't flat line which seems sensible I guess considering that crafting seems to be the main carrot in getting you out into the world. Providing there is a challenging way to consistently earn high quality that isn't running round the map spamming your Scan Hammer hoping to find a good node then I don't think I'll get frustrated.

In relation to PvP then do your upgrades and gear carry over? If so do you lose durability for dying or participating in PvP? Because that would be pretty infuriating and you wouldn't want to take your good stuff with you.....but if people did take the good stuff and had upgrades then getting curb stomped by some fully upgraded guy when you try PvP for the first time would discourage newbies from PvP altogether. Who doesn't love being that guy doing the curb stomping though!?
    Each key corresponds to a new zone (Antarctica, diamondhead, sargossa sea) and you will need to make they key for all 3 and complete the events (and acquire the part) from each of the new zones.

Durability is the cornerstone of firefalls economy. Since you can't get better gear than IV and IV is pretty easy to get, you would be maxed out and bored within a few weeks of playing. In a traditional, vertical progression MMO, you replace all your gear every 2 months with a new set of gear. In firefall, depending on what you are doing, it can last a day to a year. World drops can only have 1000 durability (around 10 deaths) whereas a well crafted piece can have 9000 durability (90 deaths) and I have to tell you, in a bunch of IV gear? It's hard to die. (IE: My mammoth has around 4000 hp) You can read more about it here

PvP is 100% skill based so no upgrades and gear carry over. In fact, the frames you are using in PvP are different than the ones you use in PvE. They run a little slower, some hit harder, some regen hp faster, some abilities have longer cooldowns, ect. This delinking of pvp and pve allows R5 to tweak pvp without fear of messing up PVE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Do they have a date for when they consider the game out of beta? Just curious. The game is pretty much live, but they have to take the beta sticker off eventually. :P
    Vindictus went like 2 years with a beta tag... And much like R5, when they said it's beta.. They fuckin meant it. lol.