Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Future Expansions?

This might sound stupid, but I am curious to what will happen after they have run out of content and move onto the next time area. I know this takes place thousands of years before the movies, but will the expansions ever lead up to this point?

If the game is extremely successful, would this be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1996P View Post
    This might sound stupid, but I am curious to what will happen after they have run out of content and move onto the next time area. I know this takes place thousands of years before the movies, but will the expansions ever lead up to this point?

If the game is extremely successful, would this be possible.
    No.

The expansion will be the next step in the war. Like a year or two in-game from launch time. We're not going to shoot forward in time to the Galactic Empire as if Doc Brown rolled up in the Dalorian or something. Our characters are human/zabrak/twi'lek and so forth. In three thousand years, ALL but the most powerful of them (NPC-level powerful) will have been dust for at least an eon. We're never going to be taken out of the Old Republic era.

Still, that's a LONG time to play in. They could even make it an 'alternate universe' and throw some weird shit at us from the EU books/comics. Though, I doubt that would happen.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    No.

The expansion will be the next step in the war. Like a year or two in-game from launch time. We're not going to shoot forward in time to the Galactic Empire as if Doc Brown rolled up in the Dalorian or something. Our characters are human/zabrak/twi'lek and so forth. In three thousand years, ALL but the most powerful of them (NPC-level powerful) will have been dust for at least an eon. We're never going to be taken out of the Old Republic era.

Still, that's a LONG time to play in. They could even make it an 'alternate universe' and throw some weird shit at us from the EU books/comics. Though, I doubt that would happen.
    Actually, KotOR already talked about some stuff from the far distant EU. Talk with Canderous about some of his war stories, and he brings up a very interesting encounter with an unusual vessel.

I doubt we'll see much of a presence as far as things from the EU, but we've already got Chiss, scouting parties for later threats aren't out of the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    Star Wars: The Old Republic: Cataclysm...Planets will be randomly ravaged by Space Deathwing...(He's like regular Deathwing...BUT IN SPACE)

in all seriousness, I heavily doubt, as Nakaya stated above, that we'll be moving more than two years in the future...I hope to see Manaan and Kasyyk in the future and see what Revan's impact on those was like.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

I'll mostly just want more cool content and won't really care to ever meet darth vader

Time moves very slowly in MMOs. Just look at WoW. 7 years our time and what, maybe 3 years have gone by in game? I'm totally guessing on that, but you get my point. They can stretch it out.
    Opulence. I has it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard this was the first expansion

In all seriousness, there's essentially limitless fountains of content they could pull from. You gotta remember that we're talking about an entire GALAXY of content.

eh no games I've seen would cross 1000 years. most of the time it's a few years between new installments.

why would they anyway? there's so much more potential and intrigue with where we are now. plus they have more freedom.

expansions will be for more planets and exploration, not huge gaps of time.

LOL...ewoks ftw....future race

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravette View Post
    LOL...ewoks ftw....future race
    yub yub Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    I heard this was the first expansion

In all seriousness, there's essentially limitless fountains of content they could pull from. You gotta remember that we're talking about an entire GALAXY of content.
    Why would that be a joke? Endor is one of the best known planets in the Star Wars universe, I'd be very surprised if some expansion wouldn't be based around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.starwarsmap.com/
    i think they will be good on possible future content
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

Deleted
    Star Wars the old Republic: The X-70B Phantom-Class Prototype Menace
    Star Wars the old Republic: Attack of the Troopers
    Star Wars the old Republic: Revenge of the Empire
    Star Wars the old Republic: Dues Ex Machina
    Star Wars the old Republic: The Empire Strikes
    Star Wars the old Republic: Demise of the Jedi

Other than that, We're 3700 years BEFORE the movies, anyone that thinks we're going to see movie parts should stop now and think what that means, not amused? Then I prefer you refrain from visiting the forums or leave the game entirely.
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2011-11-11 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    Why would that be a joke? Endor is one of the best known planets in the Star Wars universe, I'd be very surprised if some expansion wouldn't be based around it.
    It's a joke because blizzard just announced an expansion called Mist of Pandaria featuring cute and cuddly Panda race that everyone can play.

However, it would definitely be doable in TOR to include an xpac with endor, they would have to get creative with the writing. I don't think ewoks would be a good playable race but definitely a companion character.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd pay money if I could kill Ewoks.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BM-Hunter View Post
    Star Wars: The Old Republic: Cataclysm...Planets will be randomly ravaged by Space Deathwing...(He's like regular Deathwing...BUT IN SPACE)

in all seriousness, I heavily doubt, as Nakaya stated above, that we'll be moving more than two years in the future...I hope to see Manaan and Kasyyk in the future and see what Revan's impact on those was like.
    Will they add spacegoats as well? Their lore might actually fit into SWToR.

I think it will go very slowly. On top of that, I think they are purposely avoiding any content contained in the movies.

I should point out as well - we don't actually visit the entire planet either when go to these places. We don't see *ALL* of Tatooine for instance.

So you talk about different planets - certainly an option, or they could simply open more areas of an existing planet for exploration.

---------- Post added 2011-11-11 at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Norag View Post
    I think it will go very slowly. On top of that, I think they are purposely avoiding any content contained in the movies.
    Tatooine, Hoth, Coruscant at the very least are mentioned and shown in the movies. You see places like the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, so I don't think that's really true - granted, it's a destroyed Temple, but still (There's a fair few screenshots out there of this, and I'm pretty sure they already talked about this being the reason that the Jedi are currently on Tython). So yeah, I don't think that's really true, although of course the versions we see are in a different time than the movies - which makes sense since the game is in a different time.

We're not even talking about one galaxy of content here people. Space traveling can exist between galaxies. Even more limitless possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Will they add spacegoats as well? Their lore might actually fit into SWToR.
    They already did, they're called Gran.