Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Beta Stress test - everyone is invited!

Thought this was worth it's own thread, my girlfriend and I just received emails talking about an upcoming Weekend Beta test, a Huge Stress Test it seems. Everyone that has accepted the testing agreement prior to today will be invited, and a number of invites will be sent out to game related sites for others to pick up too. Looks like it's going to be a big mock up for the real launch.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111111-0

When we started our Beta Testing Weekends, we told you that each weekend would include more testers than the last. We’re excited to announce that later this month we will be conducting our largest Beta Testing Weekend yet, specifically designed to help us stress test our servers in preparation for the launch of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

How can you take part in this coming Beta Test Weekend? Well, for starters we are happy to announce that anyone who has signed up for our Game Testing Program prior to today, November 11th, will get invited! Invites will be sent in the coming weeks.

For people who haven’t signed up for our Game Testing Program, you can also get into the Beta Stress Test Weekend through a series of promotions. Be sure to check out the following websites for your chance to grab a Beta Test Weekend Code:

For North America:

IGN
    Curse.com
    Massively
    MMORPG
    Ten Ton Hammer
    ZAM

For United Kingdom:

CVG
    Nowgamer
    PC Gamer
    Videogamer

For Nordic Regions (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden):

Daily Rush
    FZ.se
    Gamereactor
    Spill.no

For Germany:

Buffed
    GameStar
    Onlinewelten.com

For France:

Gamekult
    JeuxOnline
    JeuxVideo
    JeuxVideo.fr
    Millenium

Keep your eyes on these sites for your chance to get a Beta Test Weekend Code, as well as how to redeem the code and get into the Beta Test Weekend. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to get the latest news about Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Eep, in the time I was writing this, another thread popped up on the same subject.

"coming weeks" it says, so people who got invited today aren't part of a mass invite to everyone who signed up to the agreement
    My armory
    DK tanking stuffs since WoTLK beta's first day of release.

Actually I have a real life, I'm just on my friends computer while we have a drink around his house before we go BMX'ing down the castle near by his house and found all the geeks spouting rubbish.
    Most fail troll thread ever. Featuring Boub as last post!

Deleted
    Already got my invite for that beta weekend!

EVERYONE GETS A CA..BETA!
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by BruhnDK View Post
    "coming weeks" it says, so people who got invited today aren't part of a mass invite to everyone who signed up to the agreement
    There were two different sets of invites that have gone out, it would appear. One for this, as of yet, unscheduled test, and one for the current beta weekend or whenever it is.

I didn't get no email. Have had an account for a year I think

/cry

10+ Year Old Account
    2 days isn't enough to decide whether this is a good long-lasting MMO to be in or not, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    I didn't get no email. Have had an account for a year I think

/cry
    You need to have signed the testing agreement. Having an account alone isn't enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those people who did get an invite, was it sent via email? I haven't gotten one yet, and I've been signed up for beta testing for a year or so.

Yup! I just checked my email and got one for the weekend test im very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofii View Post
    For those people who did get an invite, was it sent via email? I haven't gotten one yet, and I've been signed up for beta testing for a year or so.
    I got mine via email. And for those who may not bother to read through their entire email, if you got selected for the weekend test it says specifically to NOT go looking for one of the stress test keys as it can jeopordize your weekend test I guess.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is for sure a very bold move by TOR. It could very well net them allot of potential customers, or loose them some potential customers. I sure hope everything goes without a hitch.

Yeah got beta invites, site is down, can't activate, which means cant play...ugh, Stress Test alright.
    "I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."
    The rapture took my paladin - May 21, 2011
    In a recent online survey, 100% of the population uses the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    all right i got in. When do i download it and how big is the download?

I got an invite but when i go to swtor.com/tester it doesnt show anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddahpal View Post
    I got an invite but when i go to swtor.com/tester it doesnt show anything?
    That email isn't for this weekends test. It's telling you that you will be invited to the big stress test in a couple of weeks and not to go and sign up for the beta keys they are giving away on other websites

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    2 days isn't enough to decide whether this is a good long-lasting MMO to be in or not, imo.
    Yea that's why we have early access and the 30 days that come with the game purchase. Just saying.

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

15+ Year Old Account
    Does this announcement mean I can play Star Wars: The Old Republic this weekend (November 11th to 13th)?

No it does not, unless you have a previous testing invite - either to this weekend (November 11th to 13th) or to general Game Testing (ongoing). The Beta Testing Weekend we are referring to will happen within the next few weeks.
    The brand new crop of emails that just went out are NOT for this weekend, unfortunately.

They just sent us an email telling us we're selected for something everyone is selected for, sometime in the future. Again.