Deleted

Power to computer cuts reguraly

My computer has been giving me trouble from a while now and I am running out of Ideas. I'd appricate any help but first some backstory.

Several months ago i was getting regular crashes that looked like a graphics problem, so I replaced graphics card with an readon sapphire 6850 HD. This fixed the problem for a while, but then I started getting blue screens and at times power would just cut out just like if the plug had been pulled. This got gradually more regular so I reinstalled windows and grabbed every relavent driver I could get. This fixed the blue screens but the power cuts remained so I replaced the power supply with a corsair CX600 thinking that was the problem, but they are still happning mostly during gaming but it could happen any time.

my processer is an AMD quad core 2.4Ghz (don't know the exact model)
    4GB ram (2X2GB)

I don't have anything overclocked.

how about internal temperatures?
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

Deleted
    Just downloaded a tempature moniter, at the moment it shows 55 C for the CPU, I'll run it with a game for a while, see if it rises much.

UPDATE: looks like you nailed the problem, one of the reading on the power moniter said Tj. max 115 C and when the tempature hit that the power cut. so now my question is, how do i fix it, is there some form of fan speed controal software I should use? try to clean out the heatsink? or do I need to replace the heatsink/processer?
    Last edited by mmoccbc7db64cc; 2011-11-12 at 02:01 AM. Reason: update

Deleted
    TJ Max isn't the temp you want to read. That's the maximum temp the CPU will allow before it becomes unsafe.
    What I ment was the TJ max said 115 C, the number below it was displaying current tempature, when that reached 115 C also it crashed.

Deleted
    Thanks for the tip hayharut, turns out there was a bucnh of dust built up between the heat sink and the fan, I guess blocking air flow, I removed the dust and played several games of MW3 to test and the tempature moniter didn't go above 47 C.
    So it turns out just a simple maintance issue.