Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The state’s minimum age of consent is 12 and women who undergo abortions in Puebla face a fine or prison sentence if they are unable to prove they were sexually abused.

This is not the first case of a shockingly young girl giving birth in Mexico.

In August last year, 11-year-old Amalia had a child two weeks premature after she was denied an abortion by the local Justice Department during the fourth month of pregnancy.

She was raped repeatedly by her stepfather when she was 10 years old, but local laws do not allow terminations after three months.

What the hell...the age of consent is 12?????
    The abortion thing is also redundant, you want to save this baby that will struggle to live and by doing so destroy the life of a child already alive.

Deleted
    Different people with different genes causing different development speed, no problem.
    Also evolution will make these kinds of things just normal in time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    A girl of ten may be technically physically ready to give birth, but she sure isn't ready to do so safely.
    Have to correct you a little there, they are not physically ready to give birth, just ready to get pregnant. Huge difference there. (in essence you said the same thing though)
    When your body develops it's all over the place, just because you're having your periods and are capable of getting pregnant your body is not ready to support the whole process as your bones and rest of your body is still maturing.
    That's why those young girls need to give birth via a cesarean, often prematurely, as attempting to carry to full term and give birth 'naturally' would prove fatal.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxiah View Post
    The state’s minimum age of consent is 12 and women who undergo abortions in Puebla face a fine or prison sentence if they are unable to prove they were sexually abused.

This is not the first case of a shockingly young girl giving birth in Mexico.

In August last year, 11-year-old Amalia had a child two weeks premature after she was denied an abortion by the local Justice Department during the fourth month of pregnancy.

She was raped repeatedly by her stepfather when she was 10 years old, but local laws do not allow terminations after three months.

What the hell...the age of consent is 12?????
    The abortion thing is also redundant, you want to save this baby that will struggle to live and by doing so destroy the life of a child already alive.
    The age of consent is 12 because the ones who voted for the law are pedophiles.

Also: it's a good thing that I lost all my faith in humanity a long time ago, because otherwise this might've shocked me.
    Last edited by Orly; 2011-11-12 at 01:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Having a low age of consent is not the same as saying it is a good or desirable or even normal thing. See my post on the previous page for why 10 IS in fact considered too young throughout history.
    Except your post is full of assumptions that fly in the face of recorded fact.

Gratian, the man who founded Canon law placed the age of consent at 7, marriage at 12. His view on law affected the entirety of Europe and later America. The UK had an age of consent as 10 until 1875. It was considered absolutely normal and socio-economic reasons are part of it, which you attempt to contradict. Another part of it was the Church, Papal law didn't have an age of consent, only an age at which sanctity of marriage could be announced, and that was age 12. This was due to the belief that Mary was 12 or 13 when she gave birth to Jesus.

The mother of Henry the 7th was 9 at her first marriage, 12 when she gave birth to Henry (as part of her 2nd marriage).

Your point about the danger and lack of medical science is the opposite of what was going on. It was necessitated that girls had children as young as possible due to life expectancy and infant mortality rates, the younger you started the more likely you were to succeed in the long term. The majority of upper class children were born to mothers between 13 and 18, this being due to political pressures of producing heirs.

The idea that young mothers is a bad thing is a fairly recent moral construct maybe within the last 100-150 years, which is hilarious considering that precocious puberty is on the rise, we are trying to have children later and our bodies are adapting to have them earlier.

History completely disagrees with you, as far it is concerned young mothers were a good thing until we decided as a society that it wasn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Since when could females give birth before they started their feminine puberty?
    Concidering one of my best friends got her period when she was 9, being pregnant at 10 should be rather possible!

......How, what, why, huh? wouldn't the girl or baby die or be in IMMENSE UNBEARABLE pain unless the child is born smaller than a full grown womans baby?
    And the news article posted earlier about a 5 year old... what. the. fuck.

Deleted
    How... is this even possible?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Heh she's plenty old enough today. Now the FIVE year old who gave birth in the 1930s or so now THAT one was nuts.

Oh and looks like someone beat me to it.
    Erm what? I don't know what country you live in but a 10 year old giving birth isn't a normal thing...
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2011-11-12 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roveredo View Post
    Whaaaaaaat. This is so sick! I feel sorry for them :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roveredo View Post
    That is SICK.. 10 years is soo much way to young aswell though.. I hope this gets sorted.. This is just not okay.. Poor girl =(

about the rape or no rape thing....
    imo if both parties want to do it, like it and were not forced in any way, age should not really matter.

in denmark the age of consent is 15, but one of my friends had sex with her boyfriend when she was 14 and him 16. is that wrong? imo no. they love eachother and they're both happy.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Age of consent in my part of Canada is 12, but only if the partner is 2 years around each other until the age of 16. Its a simple barrier for even safety reason when most girl puberty ends by that age, thats when their reproductive peak start until the mid 20s so any children health is safe. Even with such a low age of consent, the average parents are now in the mid, end 20s. Just goes to show that culture has more power then law when it comes to practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a lot of strange voodooo going on this world!
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
    You know, it could've been completely consensual sex between two minors (just not in the eyes of the law).
    I thought this too... Everyone is raging because they assume she was raped by an adult male, but that's not necessarily the case. The average age of male fertility is 13, but there are reports of fertile men as young as 10 (and likely younger). This could be a case of two classmates imitating something they saw on TV...

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    one of my friends had sex with her boyfriend when she was 14 and him 16. is that wrong? imo no. they love eachother and they're both happy.
    I always laugh when I see claims like this, I find it hard to believe that kids as young as 16 and 14 can experience true romantic love. Hormones going crazy =/= love.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-11-12 at 02:58 PM.

In Holland an 8 year old got pregnant, nothing new for us

Age of consent is 12...

Im pretty sure when I was 12 I was still playing with sticks fighting monsters in my back garden. That's just plain weird.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

As a few have said, this isn't all that surprising.. Humanity as a whole is taking a downward spiral. We fight, kill, rape, and steal from each other.. And for what? Pleasure? Money? Oil?

"No one will know how evil I really am

Cause I like to wear disguises
    And I like to disguise my plans" - Andrew Jackson Jihad.

I think that quote is pretty relevant to today's standards.
    The world is a deaf machine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krokar View Post
    a small list of youngest births that we know of,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._birth_mothers
    "Mum-Zi was member of Chief Akkiri's harem on the island of Calabar, Nigeria. Her daughter also gave birth extremely early, making Mum-Zi a grandmother at age 17."

Holy motherflipping shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    ...The state's minimum age of consent is 12.
    Because 12 y.o is SO MUCH less disgusting than 10?!? GG, Mexico.