Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Some people called Titan Quest "diablo3".
    People still play diablo2, but no one remembers Titan Quest.

I figured this thread would be about Torchlight 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturae View Post
    I'm shocked at the amount of people that think Diablo III will do any good in sales. It caters to a very small crowd, a SMALL crowd within World of Warcraft. Not many people find that type of game very fun at all.
    But all the people who sign-up for the 1-year deal for WoW get a copy for free... so even if sales aren't great, a lot of people will be playing [at least for a little while].

Also, D3 will be Blizz's grand experiment with a Real Money AH, so a lot of people will be at least watching to see how that plays-out, even if they aren't actually playing the game.
    I take some solace in the fact that even though my snarky reply to someone's condescending rhetorical question earned me a 1-week ban, my post was not deleted. I was rather proud of that bit of snark, and I am glad it lives on.

To everyone using the term "clone" Shame on you for not using your brains to come up with a way to describe something that isn't a cliché. You describe things by their contents and their character, you don't parrot over used phrases and mindlessly hit submit as if its something clever / new.

Lineage 3 looks like it very well could beat Diablo at its own game, I really love the draw your ability idea they had with this game and the mini cut scenes look amazing, I just hope they add in some more classes then I foresee this game really going places.

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    archers uses ammo, must replace the quiver when empty

even wow fixed that crap
    It's just a resource mechanic, "arrows" is your resource bar and you click a button to restore the bar while you can't fight for 3 seconds it looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Some people called Titan Quest "diablo3".
    People still play diablo2, but no one remembers Titan Quest.
    People at www.titanquest.net would disagree with you. How can you even compare these games, TQ has so much more diversity in character builds compared to Diablo2, so much more gear flexibility, it's a new level of action-RPGs.

Btw, I'm eagerly waiting for Grimdawn, upcoming game from TQ developers. http://www.grimdawn.com/
    And the biggest difference between TQ and Diablo - developers of TQ really have passion for the game.

On topic - looks really good. Lineage 2 had both good and bad things, bots and "buffed archer parties" were some of the worst. Let's just hope that individual melee player (unbuffed) won't be useless.
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2011-11-13 at 04:26 PM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To me it looks more like Dynasty Warriors or that's the feel i got from watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    The 3 to 4 million of wow subscribers are not just the U.S but the US and EU combine while the other 5-6 million come from Asia.
    You are wrong. The ratio is roughly 3:5:2 US/EU/Asia.

as soon as i saw the NCSoft logo i closed the vid. i cant stand NCSoft games every single of them is terrible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wekapedia View Post
    You are wrong. The ratio is roughly 3:5:2 US/EU/Asia.
    Wow, still trying to figure out what you wanted to archieve with your reply.

the reason why they decided to make a sequel to L1 and not L2 is because NCSoft is already publishing huge MMOs in the next year of the traditional MMORPG sense, one which is Blade and Soul (which also looks amazing) and Guild wars 2.. having a Lineage 2 sequel will kind of be too much.. kind of like how Blizzard decided to eliminate two RTS and just have their main RTS their main MMO and their main Dungeon Crawler

and done judge how easy the game is from an alpha preview, come on.. their mission is to show skills and levels, etc.. now difficulty. Its like if I come here and complain about how easy the Diablo 3 beta is, I mean the Diablo 3 beta I can pretty much pretend to be a medieval Rambo so just leeroy the entire skeleton king quest line and succeed. of course thats not how the game is going to be

Deleted
    Doubt it, NCSoft has enought resources to develope 3 MMOs at the same time - see B&S/Aion/first L3 project were in development together. Besides this, they still had 4 other MMOs running and L1 running, while publishing GW, etc

anything that blizzard make can ncsoft put in a Chinisification-machine (see wut i did thur?) and yeah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by setharial View Post
    as soon as i saw the NCSoft logo i closed the vid. i cant stand NCSoft games every single of them is terrible
    so this. not a fan of their games. clone company they are.

Deleted
    check the video at top on the side says "AION 3.0" looks good, must be the wow killer... quick all run and hide...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_21F...feature=relmfu

Quote Originally Posted by Skinder View Post
    check the video at top on the side says "AION 3.0" looks good, must be the wow killer... quick all run and hide...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_21F...feature=relmfu
    Hey how did deathwing get in that game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that most people saying it's a clone and inferior to Diablo 3 by default haven't watched past 3 minutes of the video.

Did you see all the mechanics they've put in? Those are actually very interesting. You actually give direction and shape to many of your moves as a warrior for example (drag your mouse forward in a line - you charge, drag it in a circle - you do a whirlwind attack), you can use in-game objects to fight enemies (the character was throwing vases and stones and monsters).

A lot of what's happening is also very interactive: the warrior takes a huge brazier, throws into a tent and mobs start running out of there caught on fire, dying one by one.

The physics look very good too.

While I would never call it a "diablo 3 killer" (because the "killer" term in itself is retarded and has a huge sitgma on it), but I wouldn't disregard it in the "LOLOLOL D3 CLONE FAILZ" manner as many people seem to do here.

Actually spend some time watching the video before turning on auto-hate mode. It's a lot more engaging past the 3 or so minute mark, and if you allow yourself to be open minded you might actually see something interesting.

I always thought the the point of gaming was to try as much interesting stuff as you could, and the modern Blizzard-grown gamer generation seems hellbent on limiting themselves.

P.S. Just to clarify - I'm not an NCSoft fan. I hated Linage 2. I've played WoW for almost 5 years and played Blizzard games since WC2's release.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-11-13 at 08:23 PM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    While I would never call it a "diablo 3 killer" (because the "killer" term in itself is retarded and has a huge sitgma on it), but I wouldn't disregard it in the "LOLOLOL D3 CLONE FAILZ" manner as many people seem to do here.
    i guess I shouldnt have used that title, even though I said it was a joke sarcastic title and never said anything bad about Diablo 3, people still just read that and take it was a hate thread lol. The only reason I posted this here is because a bunch of my friends used to be old L2 players but we also loved D1 and D2 and cant wait for D3.. hell when we went to Blizzcon 2010 we probably spent 70% of our time playing the Diablo 3 demo, but when we saw this game we thought it was pretty cool. In the end I just wanted to share it with other fans that might be interested in a game like this style.

Quote Originally Posted by m2geek View Post
    NCSoft suck at making blizzard-wanna be games - Just look at Aion... It was like the Titanic
    Aion has the 2nd most subscriptions of the games that compete with WoW (WoW>Aion>Rift last I checked).

Quote Originally Posted by Bulli85 View Post
    youtube.com/watch?v=sCdbdsFgNGI

lol not a Diablo killer im a huge Diablo fan but I got into the MMO scene back in 2003 because of Lineage 2 so I was really looking for Lineage 3, to my surprise they went back to the Lineage 1 formula (it was a Diablo 1 competitor) instead of staying with the Lineage 2 formula.

Anywayz, since you guys like games like Diablo I was thinking you would like to see and maybe follow this game.. it just got shown so it probably wont be out for at least 2 years, but it looks promising.
    Wow, that actually looks WAY better than what I'd have expected to find in a thread like this.
    I'd say this is looking like serious competition for Diablo 3.
    Unlike torchlight 2,. which just doesn't offer all that much other than a multiplayer option of it's existing gameplay.