Poll: Competitive PvE views?

10+ Year Old Account

Competitive PvE?

For people that raid in WoW, wowprogress is a site widely used to check what bosses guilds have downed and how quickly they did it - this competitive nature of the game I believe is why most of the people even consider raiding over 3 days a week...

Do you think SWTOR should go down this route, or should it all just be for your own servers recognition (i.e "/chat oh, <guild name> killed <end boss> for the first time yesterday"). Do people even care about world firsts anymore? I enjoy the competitive feel that PvE can bring, mainly for the server I'm on though, but I do think with WoW it went too far. I think I will get a better answer here, than on the swtor forums.

I believe Rift had a wowprogress clone at some point too but I think it died off?

Did you Have to copy this faulty poll from the official forums exactly the way it was? Couldn't you have just modified the answers a teeny tiny bit to give for the possibility that some people might care about BOTH the two highest options. These aren't mutually exclusive y'know. In the least, you could've removed the 'only'.

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

Deleted
    For me, the days of "competitive" gaming is over. I play MMOs to escape from my competitive reality (work), and just to relax. Not having to worry about class balance because some no-lifer guild with 9432432 attempts at boss X favors class Y would be great.

So, I voted for "I don't care about other guilds, just my own guild progression."

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Competitive raiding is what motivates a lot of people to do hard modes. People who want to be first on the server or in the world for the reputation of the whole guild is what drives a lot of people. What do you mean with "do you think swtor should go down this route"? How do you even prevent something like world ranking? Why would you want to?

Couldn't care less about world first, but I do find it encouraging to look at the server status from time to time. keeps me interested and competitive thus making me more focused

Lol rift. Their endgame couldnt have world firsts cause the content was so buggy it was unplayable on patch day, or weeks after for that matter. Such a joke that game is, and will die yet another death when Swtor is released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozires View Post
    Did you Have to copy this faulty poll from the official forums exactly the way it was? Couldn't you have just modified the answers a teeny tiny bit to give for the possibility that some people might care about BOTH the two highest options. These aren't mutually exclusive y'know. In the least, you could've removed the 'only'.
    If you care about world ranks, it's obvious you'd care about server ranks really... I apologise for offending you so much by writing a poll.

I don't see it as anything but e-peen puffing. Even when I raided with one of those bleeding edge guilds I just wanted to see the content, not see my name in lights. So while I care about my guild's progression, I don't see doing more than giving someone a half-hearted 'gratz' if they throw it in my face. However I got turned off from raiding period from the wild and crazy 'frat boys' who wanted to keep going to race for #1 on server. Considering they use to give crud to anyone who wasn't on their level has probably polluted my opinion on the topic. One of the reasons I use to spend a night a week at least helping out random pugs in lower content. My way of saying 'sorry' for the elitists I raided with.

However I dunno how tracking world firsts is going to work. Cause I don't honestly know if they're tracking that sort of thing yet. Sort of like back in Vanilla before Blizz released such things. But I could be out of the loop, so I admit to possible ignorance on that topic.
    "Every time I see that commercial for this movie I laugh."
    "Which one?"
    "The one with the vegetarian bedazzled vampires."

I only care about server rankings, where I actually know the guilds. I don't care if XYZ European guild is #1-10 in the world--who really wants to hear about all that constantly like we all do in WoW?
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Deleted
    Competition between guilds on my realm, as long as it's healthy. I couldn't care less about competing with world first guilds that raid every day for hours and hours.
    I guess being recognized on my server is my biggest goal.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I care about my world ranking. I don't want to be world first at any point because of the time commitment it takes but I do always aim to be in the top 150 in the world.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed

10+ Year Old Account
    lets take small steps at a time, SWTOR PvE could be absolutely awesome though

Yeah, don't care so much about all the rankings. It takes serious time to be at a world first level, and I don't want to commit that.

I am hoping I can find a good guild that raids well on a light schedule, but that's a very hard thing to find it seems.

I transferred to Illidan.. any hope of even being noticeable on my own server went down the drain.
    On that note, I like being invisible. <.< >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklinn View Post
    I transferred to Illidan.. any hope of even being noticeable on my own server went down the drain.
    On that note, I like being invisible. <.< >.>
    For future reference:

Check which forum you are posting on.
    Read the first post CAREFULLY.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit