Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    As for Monk class they have 3 spec but they are like druids who wear leather to either tank/dps or cloth to heal.
    Healer monks will use leather armor aswell sharing items with restro/balance druids.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your theory is balanced from an "everyone gets an equal chance at the gear" but fails in practice. Why? Because no raid brings every single ROLE (which is what you mean in place of spec, as all classes have at least 3 specs) for each class. So a paladin token may drop without a paladin to roll, yet there are other classes out there to take the token so it doesn't get wasted.

If you're so concerned about tokens, why not just craft a raid that makes sure each token has equal representation?

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 10:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    Healer monks will use leather armor aswell sharing items with restro/balance druids.
    Time to clarify. They will not share actual tier gear with druids, just share the itemization and stat weights.

But yes, healing monks will use leather just like healing druids wear leather. If your druid is in cloth, kick it, because it's not benefiting from leather specilization.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure but are there any official release that Monks benefit more from leather? You know I somehow feel it's kinda hard being a monk in leather...

Hopefully raiding wouldn't be too much strict just like VoA runs before where only 1 mage, 1 hunter, 1 priest, 1 druid is required to join 10 man. Or someting like because of the competition.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2011-11-12 at 04:27 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure but are there any official release that Monks benefit more from leather? You know I somehow feel it's kinda hard being a monk in leather...
    Monks benefit the exact same from leather as anyone else. At level 50 they get an ability that adds 5% to their primary stat if they're in all leather.

If you mean tanking, think ofi t like a bear druid. They wll have an ability to up armor and stamina.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it already implemented? I mean during the gameplay preview in Blizzcon or something..

As for the token redistribution probably by theme?
    PROTECTOR TOKEN (Light themed)- Paladin(3)_Priest(2)_ Monk(3) = 3 classes~ 2 tank role,3 dps role, 3 healing role; 1 plate wearer, 1 cloth, 1 leather
    CONQUERER TOKEN (Elemental/Nature themed)- Druid(3:tank/heal/dps)_ Shaman(2:dps/heal)_ Mage(1:dps)_ Hunter(1:dps)= 4 classes~ 1 tank role, 2 healing role, 4 dps role; 1 leather, 2 mail, 1 cloth
    VANQUISHER TOKEN (Darkness/Battle themed)- Warrior(2:tank/dps)_Death Knight_(2:tank/dps)_Warlock(1:dps)_Rogue(1:dps)= 4 classes~ 2 tank spec, 4 dps spec, 0 Healing role; 2 plate wearer, 1 cloth, 1 leather
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2011-11-12 at 04:59 PM.

Is it already implemented? I mean during the gameplay preview in Blizzcon or something..

As for the token redistribution probably by theme?
    PROTECTOR TOKEN (Light themed)- Paladin(3)_Priest(2)_ Monk(3) = 3 classes~ 2 tank role,3 dps role, 3 healing role; 1 plate wearer, 1 cloth, 1 leather
    CONQUERER TOKEN (Elemental/Nature themed)- Druid(3:tank/heal/dps)_ Shaman(2:dps/heal)_ Mage(1:dps)_ Hunter(1:dps)= 4 classes~ 1 tank role, 2 healing role, 4 dps role; 1 leather, 2 mail, 1 cloth
    VANQUISHER TOKEN (Darkness/Battle themed)- Warrior(2:tank/dps)_Death Knight_(2:tank/dps)_Warlock(1:dps)_Rogue(1:dps)= 4 classes~ 2 tank spec, 4 dps spec, 0 Healing role; 2 plate wearer, 1 cloth, 1 leather
    See page 1 for the answer to token distributing by adding the monk class, see page 1 as to why it will still be a shitty system.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    If split class tokens MUST remain, My take is this:

Rogue (1) Warrior (2) Death Knight(2) Paladin (3) - 8
    Mage (1) Monk (3) Druid (4) - 8
    Warlock (1) Hunter (1) Priest (2) Shaman (3) -7

I, for one, welcome our Token overlords. At least it's not like it was back in the day, what with the random set pieces that drop off the boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Druids will undoubtedly have four different tier sets. They want to keep Guardian and Feral seperate now. Having them share a tier set goes contrary to that and is severely limiting. As well, they could finally put dodge on bear gear to make reforging at least vaguely compelling.

The same will probably be said for Monks. You can also expect parry and dodge to appear on Monk gear as presumably they will be able to do both.

Tokens are balanced based on population distribution of classes, not on number of specs for each class.

That's the only fair way to do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaude View Post
    Druid (4)
    Paladin (3)
    Shaman (3)
    Monk (3)
    Death Knight (2)
    Warrior (2)
    Priest (2)
    Mage (1)
    Hunter (1)
    Warlock (1)
    Rogue (1)

Druid, Mage, Shaman (8)
    Paladin, Death Knight, Warlock, Rogue (7)
    Monk, Warrior, Priest, Hunter (8)
    I like this. It makes some pretty good sense. And maybe my token will stop sucking on droprate.

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntler View Post
    Tokens are balanced based on population distribution of classes, not on number of specs for each class.

That's the only fair way to do it.
    Well, more specs = more likely to have a place in the raid. You should only really take 3 warlocks, but you can easily take 4-6 druids. (Talking 25man: 2 resto, 2 tank, 1 boomkin, 1 kitty)

IMO tier token setup should be:

Mage, Hunter, Rogue(the only classes which have 1 set bonus shared on their tier gear regardless of spec) lowest drop rate by 2-3% from the warrior token.
    Dk, pally, priest, monk(2x spec for priest/dk and 3x for pally/monk) lesser drop rate [1-2% deviance from the warrior token]
    Warrior, warlock, shaman, druid(3x druid, 1x warlock, 2x warrior, 3x shaman spec) Highest drop rate

Second increase the token grab by 2x on 10man. 4 on 25. With this spread it seems like the highest drop rate token will be utilize and taken more often than not. Even switch up the dk and warrior tokens so that the dk token has the higher drop rate by a small fraction like .5% on top of the warrior token. This may or may not be the best method but yeah...

Another alternative is putting the top 4 most played classes on the highest drop rate token then the next 4 highest on the second token etc.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling since Druids will have a 4th spec, then it will be separate now. "but they can use the same stat gear!!!111" Uhh.. so can Shadow/Healing priests. So can Boomkin/Resto. But they have different ROLES. Tank vs. dps. I'm sure Blizz will be happy to separate the set bonuses so that Ferals will not benefit from stuff only Guardians should be able to do.

I have a feeling they'll throw the Monk onto the Pally/Priest/Lock token. Maybe it's a different experience for others, but it seems rare to find Priests & Locks these days. Might just be me. /shrug
    I am a filthy casual!

Ill take tier tokens over straight up tier pieces.

Oh look shaman loot, we have no shamans in the run.

Any one remember when MC used to drop shaman peices for alliance raids and paladin pieces for horde raids

Least with tokens there is a higher chance of the item going to at least one class in the raid. Unless you someone manage to put together a group that has no Vanq, and/or no Conq and/or or no Prot token.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I agree with the earlier poster who said we should get rid of class tokens completely.
    1 token anyone can use, like the trophies in TOC. (The TOC raid was terrible, but the reward system was the best Blizz has made imo)

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 07:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Ill take tier tokens over straight up tier pieces.

Oh look shaman loot, we have no shamans in the run.

Any one remember when MC used to drop shaman peices for alliance raids and paladin pieces for horde raids

Least with tokens there is a higher chance of the item going to at least one class in the raid. Unless you someone manage to put together a group that has no Vanq, and/or no Conq and/or or no Prot token.
    Not when you get the same token 8 weeks in a row.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    how about one gear token drop for all class i.e. head, shoulder, chest, legs,hands? Who ever loots it would then exchange it for which ever gear slot it token to its respective gear.

10 man could drop 1-2 token and 25 man could probably drop 2-3

Quote Originally Posted by ESeregon View Post
    One token to rule them all
    One raid to find them
    One winner to bring them
    And at the vendor bind them
    This wins the thread

I'm not sure why they tried a single token in TOC then decided, "Nope, we'll go back to class tokens!"

If they don't want us to have complete free reign over which piece we choose, they could still separate it into slots, i.e. head, shoulders, chest, etc. It would at least help with situations like the OT have two full sets of tier gear (MS/OS) while two of the healers are still running around in blue shoulders. (Extreme example, but you get the point.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fmp View Post
    Why not just 1 token for all classes? that way the 10 man guilds cant QQ and it wouldnt change much for 25 man guilds.
    Yeah I hope they do that. Might as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqeez View Post
    ?

3+3+3+1 !=7
    Nice programming notation ha
    hi there

can be solved really easy
    let me give an example to show. i'll pretend that i am a.. ohh a warlock, running through Kara

before i go into Kz at all i go to my warlock trainer he tells me i have to go and kill The Curator. i do so. the quest is one of those self updatey ones, and it gives me Mark of the Godless Soul or something warlocky sounding. the boss himself drops Token of the Fourth Hands. or whatever you'd like to call it.
    my Mark allows me to transform the Token into tier gear. no vendor needed. self contained.
    also the self-updating quest has now told me to go kill Prince. when i kill prince my Mark evolve into one capable of transforming Tokens of hands or hats into tier gear. and so on and so on.

there. all clean. upon killing the boss, everyone gets their own personal mark for that tier of gear, and whatever tokens are dropped. the tokens are transformed immediately without a need for a vendor at all and anyone can use that token.

(just for kicks, allow people to use the quest Mark itself for transmog purposes if they want. that way if you went and did tier 4 and 5 and liked them back in the day you don't have to re-grind the gear. just pop the mark(that says you killed the boss) into the transmogger and he'll let you use the skin for whatever piece of that tier you want). you'd get a small collection of tier marks i your bank, but i don't think players will gripe.
    Last edited by Albert the fish; 2011-11-13 at 12:44 PM.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!