Poll: 2011 GotY?

Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

2011 Game of the Year: Of the titles that have been released, which is your pick?

2011 has been one of the best years for gaming that I can remember (and I've been playing since 1994), so I've got a pretty simple question, of the games that have thus far been released, which is your pick for game of the year?

The choices in this poll will be:

Batman: Arkham City
    Battlefield 3
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    Dragon Age II
    Forza Motorsport IV
    Gears of War 3
    Pokemon Black/White
    Portal 2
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Other

Please do not rage if I didn't include your favorite title by name, that's why there is an "other" option. It is unrealistic to expect me to list everyone's favorite game. I do not care if you think "X deserves to be in the list instead of Y!"... If your game is not on the list, please select "other" and share which it is. There is no need to bitch because I didn't include Uncharted 3, Deus Ex, Witcher 2, etc. Dragon Age II was included in the poll because it is the sequel to the first Dragon Age.

Note: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Star Wars: The Old Republic Online were not included in this poll because they have not yet been released, they will be included in future polls.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-11-15 at 01:40 PM.

Battlefield 3, or Portal 2.

For me :

MP - BF3.
    SP - Portal 2.

If It HAD to be the complete package, I would say Portal 2:

As much as I have spent way more time playing Battlefield 3, Portal 2 is just a perfect game, even if it is not as replayable, great story for all ages, brilliant intuitive puzzles, and an awesome co-op feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Skyward Sword when it's released (I have absolutely no doubts about this), but of the titles on the poll, here's how I'd rank them.

1. Skyrim
    1. Pokemon B/W

Haven't got to have much experience with the rest, except for MW3 and BF. BF's campaign and MW3's lack of major innovation keep both from being GotY for me, when three games that have made such dramatic changes to their core have come out this year. They're really high quality games without a doubt though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim, bought it, its awesome!

toss up between bf3 & skyrim

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh those so far reelased, and on that list ? I'm going with portal 2.
    Still waiting for skyward sword, 1 week is a long time to wait for something you really want :P

Not a fan of skyrim, and the other games I either hate or havent seen/played.
    Last edited by Azutael; 2011-11-12 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know there's an 'Other' option, but I think Uncharted should've been put in as it's own option. It could take over MW3's spot. (I hate that game, and no I don't think BF3 is better) My choices are either Arkham City, Uncharted 3, or Portal. I haven't tried Skyrim yet, but I don't know if I'd rank it as my own nomination for GOTY. I didn't like Morrowind or Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aired
    Our raid leader went AFK mid nef attempt and all he said was 'BRB GF's naked'

10+ Year Old Account
    Minecraft... what? It's a fantastic game.

Seriously though, It releases in 5 days at Minecon, I think Minecraft could win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post

Seriously though, It releases in 5 days at Minecon, I think Minecraft could win it.
    I don't personally think release should be different than the beta and alpha that got it all it's popularity and has existed and been sold for a couple of years already.

Deleted
    SKYRIM! Definitely.

Zelda when it comes out. As I've said, if it's not Zelda it'll be Skyrim. I think it'll come down between these two games.

10+ Year Old Account
    if skyrim doesn't win the shit is rigged

It will no doubt be between Skyward Sword and Skyrim as the final two. Skelington chooses Skyward Sword.

MW3. heard skyrim is good havent played it not into those types of rpg's
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Not to much into fps last decade, but portal 2 was good but skyrim is fucking amazing, one of the better games I have ever seen comparable to the market in the past 20 years. Skyrim proves that later games don't require less effort the amount of work put into detail and immersion is second to none while retaining all the lore and sandboxiness that it is known for. A huge step back up from oblivion and equivelent of morrowwind with close to a decade of engine advancement.

Tl:dr if you like western rpg the obvious answer is skyrim, if you don't like western rpgs your answer should be skyrim even if you don't want to play it.

Deleted
    I'd go for Battlefield 3 or MW3

about skyrim I don't get it... dunno what the fuzz is all about. That game is shit in my opinion.

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 08:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post

minecraft is a great game to relax and have some fun times with friends.
    Butt I don't think it has the potential of becoming game of the year.

Skyrim with BF3 a close second. Havent touched BF3 since Skyrim came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoww View Post
    I'd go for Battlefield 3 or MW3

about skyrim I don't get it... dunno what the fuzz is all about. That game is shit in my opinion.
    Have you actually played Skyrim? Because I never played an Elder Scrolls game cause Oblivion looked horrible, but I picked up Skyrim for the hell of it and its one of like three or four games I've played in my entire life where I actually "feel" like my character. I like it better then Dragon Age 1 and DA1 was brilliant.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2011-11-12 at 07:10 PM.

I thought zelda was out already, i saw a review at ign.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    November 20th or so I think. But some European countries have been selling it. I guess cause they have more relaxed laws then the US about actual release dates and just sell it when they get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Nope, not out, they get a copy early to review it.