Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry View Post
    No, DVI can't carry sound.
    /sigh so much misinformation here. Yes DVI is primarily used as a Visual interface but it can pass sound to an HDMI component. Nearly every modern video card that doesn't have a HDMI port built in offers you the choice to run sound through the video card through the DVI to HDMI adapter and to your TV or monitor if it supports HDMI. I am doing this with my computer / TV and have been for 3 years so if you insist on believing that DVI can't do anything with sound because that isn't what it was specifically designed for then I and many others must be breaking the laws of physics.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well i have my monitor connected with HDMI-DVI-D cable and it transmits sound to my monitor if i wan't. But unless you have DVI-D cable you cant transmit sound on it.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TruthHurts View Post
    Yes DVI is primarily used as a Visual interface but it can pass sound to an HDMI component. Nearly every modern video card that doesn't have a HDMI port built in offers you the choice to run sound through the video card through the DVI to HDMI adapter and to your TV or monitor if it supports HDMI. I am doing this with my computer / TV and have been for 3 years so if you insist on believing that DVI can't do anything with sound because that isn't what it was specifically designed for then I and many others must be breaking the laws of physics.
    I'm glad we're talking about a video card then. *eye roll*
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by VoltageDew View Post
    i have the video thing all taken care of, but if i buy the thing the other guy linked and plugged in the green cable from my speakers and the white and red cables from the RCA cables from the ps3, will i get sound?
    Yea u would get sound, this adapter is compatible with 5.1 audio system (green(Front)/black(Middle)/orange(Rear)) but a regular 2.1 system is just a green cable (like your).

(Not sure on this part)
    -But I think you will have to config ur PS3 so that it output video in the HDMI and output the Sound in the RCA (instead of HDMI)