Deleted

Finally invited to beta, but now what?

Hello all,

Finally got an invite to the beta, but now I have mixed feelings.. I wanted to get access to the beta for a long time now. But I'm also so excited about this game that I want that feeling again of starting a new game - like when I got WoW when it was just released...

Now would it really ruin my experience so much if I did go into the beta to check out the different classes so I can have an idea of what I'll like? Or would you suggest to just wait another month till the actual release (i pre-ordered so getting 7 day early access yay!)

So yeah basically, got a beta invite, but don't want to wreck the brand new feeling when the game comes out. For those of you who have played beta, what are your thoughts on the matter? Go beta or wait?

I got an invite but gave it my friend... I don't want to play for just two days.

I have the CE pre-ordered from Amazon so I'll just wait. That's just me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ferret990
    so worgens shammys--- wolves who turn into wolves who summon wolves who ride wolves-win
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor
    [Shadowmourne, I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but frostmourne is one of the best weapons of all time, of all time]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muran View Post
    Go beta or wait?
    Not to be too blunt, but if you don't wan't to play Beta, then Don't. You don't need a forum to tell you what to do.

I'm in this weekend and I was at the same spot you are. I finally broke down and jumped into the beta this morning. I will say this. The story is rich and detailed and there are several "branches" that could play out. You can play the quests one way on Beta and a different way on Live.

Be warned though, it will still be the same quests, just different dialogue and "dark/light" actions. If you want a totally fresh experience, stay away until live. (Just a friendly note, the storyline has been fantastic so far)

Or you could try what I did. Pick the LAST class you would want to play and try that out during the Beta weekend. Save your #1 choice for live.

Play, if you can. I am a regular beta tester and man did they invite a ton of people this weekend. The original Beta servers have had an insane amount of Queues.

I suggest you try to get in. <Snip> NDA

Stress tests bother me. So I will wait until the week to play again.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-12 at 09:09 PM.
    "Someone shoves an m80 up a bullfrogs butt, blows em to pieces. He come back for you to fix it.. You win twice brother, Its good bizz." Joe dirt.

I wouldn't play it if you're looking to be wow'd when release hits. Beta is fun, but remember you'll have to do it all again when release hits, which will absolutely take away from the feeling you're seeking.

Or play a class/faction you aren't going to play live. Just so you can see what you're getting your
    HOWEVER

I'm in beta atm, <Snip> NDA
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-12 at 09:07 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

You might as well try it. <Snip> NDA

Deleted
    play around in character creation, test the opposite faction of what you're going to play, test any of the classes you don't plan on starting with.

I personally dont feel that I need to enter the beta. Its just going to make the actual game boring cuz it feels repetitive, except if I roll new race, but yea.
    Patience, young one. It will serve you well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    Not to be too blunt, but if you don't wan't to play Beta, then Don't. You don't need a forum to tell you what to do.
    I don't want a forum to tell me what to do, I wanted some insight from people who are either in my position or were in my position and caved and did play the beta, as I'm trying very hard not to go and play it because A. I want to have that feeling of having everything brand new and B. Slightly scared that if I do play the beta and I don't like it that I will regret pre-ordering it (fully paid for).

So I'm not really asking for people to tell me what to do, I want people to tell me their experiences so I can decide for myself if its a good idea to go and play the beta or not.

From most what I've read and seen everything looks absolutely amazing, and there does seem to be a lot of different paths to take so it has a good replay value... quests being the same wouldn't be much of a problem as I did that all these years of wow with no problem

Also I have no idea what class or faction I'm going to pick yet so the main reason for me to do hop into beta would be to check out all the different classes and each faction so I have an idea what to do at live. I remember that with wow I went with alliance and after a while you are quite committed to a faction even though its not as cool as the other one
    Last edited by mmoc03cf670b0b; 2011-11-12 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since what you are looking for is people's experiences, I'm going to close this.

The beta is not allowed to be discusses due to the NDA

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net