Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    oic, sounds either like that's gonna be fixed or insanely overpowered. With just 15 seconds you can actually predict it. ^^
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Oh man... pretty much I'm game for any cloth piece that drops in there, it's good to be disc . But I'm a little stuck between the Maw of the Dragonlord http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77196 from the last encounter or the Ti'thak the Steps of the Time Lord http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77190... a healing proc or haste proc... hmmm...

Brilliant. Thanks scoops!

Deleted
    Tks for this. Would be great if you could write on which boss they drop.

15+ Year Old Account
    I linked earlier what Dragon Souls boss drops are. Don't get too excited though if you are Holy.

The rest of the BiS items are VP and Tailoring items.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see the problem. I count 11 items that are boss drops. Okay, granted, I counted both MH/OH and a 2H instead and all 5 Tier tokens. Still, it's not that bad imho. If you remove the Tier tokens it's just 5 or 6 items from bosses, true, but you can't really remove them from the equation as you will equip them, or at least 4 of them. And with 9-10 items coming from bosses, with 17 slots you get more than 50% from bosses. Is that so bad?

Sure, it's frustrating hunting for those drops but they will drop eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Don't get too excited though if you are Holy.
    Why not? I've seen the gear lists, what's wrong with them?

15+ Year Old Account
    The biggest problem is not gear itself, I can survive with slower gearing. It is fairness of loot distribution, as I wrote in state of holy; it just feels sloppy when they keep ignoring cloth spirit drops in raids, but all other armors have plenty of spirit pieces. We are 3 specc's using these items to. We are pretty much forced to grind 5man hc more and spend more gold on crafted items again.

It is also boring to not have the same amount of loots/lootchance from bosses as other classes, I have to admit.

The biggest problem is not gear itself, I can survive with slower gearing. It is fairness of loot distribution, as I wrote in state of holy; it just feels sloppy when they keep ignoring cloth spirit drops in raids, but all other armors have plenty of spirit pieces. We are 3 specc's using these items to. We are pretty much forced to grind 5man hc more and spend more gold on crafted items again.

It is also boring to not have the same amount of loots/lootchance from bosses as other classes, I have to admit.
    I believe this is their way of moderating the amount of spirit that goes out there for Holy priest since if we were to get too much Spirit it would make mana a non-issue again and every priest would be rolling Holy, making the choice of spirit or haste/mastery/crit is suppose to give you the feeling of making a choice because as it is on my holy priest maintaining 2500 spirit is easy to do and that's about the point where I really don't need any more spirit and I started to sac some spirit for other stats.

You still have the choice as holy just like Disc has a choice as well just gotta learn to itemize a bit.

Deleted
    Trinkets I'm not sure. For disc I would probably consider using both the INT ones.

Seal of the Seven Signs
    Windward Heart

For holy I would probably use the INT/haste one coupled with the pure spirit one.

Heart of Unliving
    Seal of the Seven Signs

WHO KNOWS!!!!
    Last edited by mmoc230b92349f; 2011-11-15 at 02:46 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Windward Heart is a really weak trinket, though. I honestly think Heart of the Unliving will be BiS for both specs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verth Aeyta View Post
    I believe this is their way of moderating the amount of spirit that goes out there for Holy priest since if we were to get too much Spirit it would make mana a non-issue again and every priest would be rolling Holy, making the choice of spirit or haste/mastery/crit is suppose to give you the feeling of making a choice because as it is on my holy priest maintaining 2500 spirit is easy to do and that's about the point where I really don't need any more spirit and I started to sac some spirit for other stats.

You still have the choice as holy just like Disc has a choice as well just gotta learn to itemize a bit.
    Nononononoo... There are so many errors here I will just say I disagree with everything you just said.

Quote Originally Posted by Verth Aeyta View Post

If blizzard is doing this it is a poor un-imaginitive way of balancing one spec. So I doubt dragonsoul is designed with less spirit cloth gear just to make holy priests (not disc or any other spec) choose between stats. You have a point where you say I have enough spirit im reforging out of it. However the more spirit you have the more heals you can pump out in dire situations. Yes you can manage your mana but what if a situation like twilight meteors from deathwing happens? When everyone is 10% health and there is a tentacle that cleaves everyone soon after? Over time you might wanna reforge out of spirit once you get the hang of things, but a new raid with bitch loads of aoe damage you are going to be spending more mana then before.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    I've run Dragon Soul fully a few times now and I haven't really seen any fights where I'd rather go Disc than Holy.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yes you can manage your mana but what if a situation like twilight meteors from deathwing happens? When everyone is 10% health and there is a tentacle that cleaves everyone soon after?
    Holy's redesigned Divine Hymn?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Exactly that. The new Hymn is (imho) better than Tranquility now. If you hit that button your raid will be at 100% when your cast has finished.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Exactly that. The new Hymn is (imho) better than Tranquility now. If you hit that button your raid will be at 100% when your cast has finished.
    Making the t2 bonus utterly crap!^^

No, I am all for a nerf if the Hymn becomes too OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Because you can use it every twilight meteor or every time something goes wrong?

My point is, oh shit situations arise quite frequently and this is where spirit shines.

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 02:46 PM ----------

Making the t2 bonus utterly crap!^^

No, I am all for a nerf if the Hymn becomes too OP.
    Wensday Dec 7th, Divine hymn healing reduced by 50%
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If blizzard is doing this it is a poor un-imaginitive way of balancing one spec. So I doubt dragonsoul is designed with less spirit cloth gear just to make holy priests (not disc or any other spec) choose between stats. You have a point where you say I have enough spirit im reforging out of it. However the more spirit you have the more heals you can pump out in dire situations. Yes you can manage your mana but what if a situation like twilight meteors from deathwing happens? When everyone is 10% health and there is a tentacle that cleaves everyone soon after? Over time you might wanna reforge out of spirit once you get the hang of things, but a new raid with bitch loads of aoe damage you are going to be spending more mana then before.
    This may be true but where's the fun if it's too easy? I'm just saying that I've kind of grasped the way Blizzard is thinking and I'm use to it now, I've managed to be able to play my Holy priest effectively in my raid with 2000-2500 spirit which affords me plenty of room to take pieces that don't have spirit and if I do need more spirit I can always reforge those pieces that don't have spirit into giving me more. Not really that bad, there are plenty of pieces in Dragonsoul that would work well for a holy priest, it's not all going to come from Valor, hell I'm just glad I don't have to buy T13 with valor no more, that was my one major gripe with T11+T12, my holy set could effectively mirror my Disc set with maybe a few minor changes in pieces.

Eh, on the bright side, there are plenty of easily obtainable normal mode pieces with spirit to fill in our firelands sets with for progression, and the heroic gear will be replaced before next tier. In that sense, it's kind of nice that a lot of these spirit pieces are available from valor so that we can guarantee we get one by the first week of heroic.
    Last edited by Maladi; 2011-11-15 at 08:20 PM.