Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Best Healing Addon - Grid?

So started playing Disc/Holy as offspec due to guild needing an extra healer for some fights.

I used to use Grid with my druid heals but never quite liked it, and/or set it up properly. With my priest i'm hoping to have it so that PW:S is in the centre with a countdown on its expiry (which I have done with Grid+GridCooldownText). However, i'm hoping to be able to put things like Grace and Weakened Soul in the top left and top right corners.

Unfortunately all I seem to be able to do is have a coloured box when it's on or off, and even with the Grace buff as it's a three stack (with countdown timer) I can only get it to do one colour with no countdown timer. Just wondering if this is the best addon for priests, or if there's something better which is more class specific?

Else, am I missing something and is there an easy way to incorporate timers into Grid. I want to be able to for example have a little coloured box in top right corner for Weakened Soul debuff, and have a small number indicating the timer on it. Is this possible?

I have:
    Grid
    GridAuras
    GridMyHots
    GridCooldownText
    etc.

Thanks in advance.

Grid + all the addons you need for it

then go download a addon called : Clique

once you get all your bindings learned and setup you will heal like a god with this i can promise

Alot of people will say healbot.
    I can tell you healbot is annoying as shit to set up and looks terrible imho.

I have grid + Clique and it will infact make your life so so easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Clique, best Add-on you'll ever download!

Quote Originally Posted by Reash View Post
    Definitely Clique, best Add-on you'll ever download!
    Bartender is better :P

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    Grid + all the addons you need for it

then go download a addon called : Clique
    Got them both, but Clique disabled. I am using mouseovers for my actual healing macros, as will be binding between Nostromo+Naga, have used Clique in the past for my druid but don't feel it will do what i'm after with priest due to different healing style which I also plan to pvp with (mouseovers with exceptions are bit more flexible).

However, it's the display which is killing me. I just need text within the corner boxes but it seems impossible to do?...

---------- Post added 2012-01-11 at 01:31 PM ----------

Also yes used Healbot in the past and it DOES do something similar to what i'm after (has an animation for lifebloom for example, so you could have three colours depending what stack you're on and it does a circular countdown animation). However it's butt ugly and usually has a fair few conflicts I find, so was keen to try work the kinks out of Grid.

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yekul View Post
    So started playing Disc/Holy as offspec due to guild needing an extra healer for some fights.

I used to use Grid with my druid heals but never quite liked it, and/or set it up properly. With my priest i'm hoping to have it so that PW:S is in the centre with a countdown on its expiry (which I have done with Grid+GridCooldownText). However, i'm hoping to be able to put things like Grace and Weakened Soul in the top left and top right corners.

Unfortunately all I seem to be able to do is have a coloured box when it's on or off, and even with the Grace buff as it's a three stack (with countdown timer) I can only get it to do one colour with no countdown timer. Just wondering if this is the best addon for priests, or if there's something better which is more class specific?

Else, am I missing something and is there an easy way to incorporate timers into Grid. I want to be able to for example have a little coloured box in top right corner for Weakened Soul debuff, and have a small number indicating the timer on it. Is this possible?

I have:
    Grid
    GridAuras
    GridMyHots
    GridCooldownText
    etc.

Thanks in advance.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/grid...r-corner-icons, you can give this a try. Yes for the icon in corner not sure for the timer but could be worth a shot..I remember trying something similar but only getting small boxes that changed color based on the time left.

Ps : in case you have not tried it yet,another super one I love is gridstatusraiddebuff, as per the rest, it will place the icon of the debuff applied onto players by raid boss's.

I'm gonna give you the best addon to grid in my opinion will make you heal better than another priest who is 10 ilvls above you and doesn't have this.
    GridStatusPriestAoe.
    This addon will tell you (after setting a threshold) where to place your CoH and PoH so it will hit for the maximum amount. It's a godsend. Make sure you have the lastest LibMapData addon.

Deleted
    I just need text within the corner boxes but it seems impossible to do?.
    Have you looked into Grid2? It is more configurable in terms of what indicators (bars, icons, squares or text) you have where.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always used Grid and was able to do whatever I wanted with it.

A lot of people say Vuhdo, but I've found that, while fancy, it was a lot harder to configure, and came with lots of bells and whistles I didn't really need.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    A lot of people say Vuhdo
    I am a lot of people then . Vuh'do does what you ask for, does not require an addon like clique to go with it as it has built in mouseover functionality. You can choose to show buffs/hots/shields as a filled in square or as it's icon with or without timers. There is also an option to instead show it as a thin bar that depletes over time as the buff expires. It is about as hard/easy to configure as Grid (or any addon that offers lots of customization). Vuh'do also has built in support for tracking how much remains of shields, for finding optimal targets for CoH/PoH and some other nifty functions like automatically using trinkets on cooldown etc. You can also set it up to show an extra frame for targets you are told to keep an eye on (kind of like an extra focus frame) which can be handy sometimes. It's easy to tell it was made for healers. It also has pretty good support from the healer community so problems with it are often answered pretty quickly on forums etc. The one thing I dislike with it (Grid has the same problem) is that it's a raidframe replacement only so if you want to customize other unit frames like player, target and target's target then you will have to use a separate addon for that.

Pitbull4 also offers the functionality you are after if you combine it with Pitbull VisualHelpers and Clique but it's a bit tricky to set up if you are unused to it. Pitbull also customizes your other unitframes.
    Last edited by Blakkeyez; 2012-01-11 at 12:56 PM.

I have:
    Grid
    GridAuras
    GridMyHots
    GridCooldownText
    etc.
    i have:
    Vuhdo

and it does all the job for me. and it does the weakened soul debuff if you want it (or any other buff/debuff), and it shows timer on it.
    i find it far more intuitive to set up than any other healing addon i tried so far (but i guess its personal impression) and still there are so many guides and tutorials on youtube for every single option.

Deleted
    Don't use clique.. use mouseover heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grid and powerauras are awesome, never got the trend of click casting (mouseovers) as a priest. Over a frame you can't mouserun, 180 spin/jump/cast directionals or click outdoor PvP players that may not be in your raidgroup and I hate that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post
    I have:
    Grid
    GridAuras
    GridMyHots
    GridCooldownText
    etc.
    i have:
    Vuhdo

and it does all the job for me. and it does the weakened soul debuff if you want it (or any other buff/debuff), and it shows timer on it.
    i find it far more intuitive to set up than any other healing addon i tried so far (but i guess its personal impression) and still there are so many guides and tutorials on youtube for every single option.
    same here. vuhdo has everything i need. It even displays a bar for defensive cooldowns (i can see who is not in affected by aura mastery/divine guardian and when the tank is running which type of cooldown)

Deleted
    Vuho is amazing, it took me a while to be convinced to go over to it but in the en I don't regreat going to it. There are some great simple guides about for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Grid and powerauras are awesome, never got the trend of click casting (mouseovers) as a priest. Over a frame you can't mouserun, 180 spin/jump/cast directionals or click outdoor PvP players that may not be in your raidgroup and I hate that.
    Using Clique/mouseover macros is not excluding using casting on current target, on yourself, on focus with a keybind for that or any other method of casting. It is a compliment to every other way of casting. It is also the fastest way of casting on a raid with multiple targets no matter if it's in Dragon Soul or in Alterac Valley. Any method that requires you to first select the target then press a button or click with your mouse will be the slower option. And Grid + Powerauras certainly will not help you heal those targets any faster or do a hunterstyle jumpshot heal.
    Last edited by Blakkeyez; 2012-01-11 at 01:20 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use the standard Blizz UI frames and mouse over macros. Only addon I use is bartender and sometime, DBM when learning a new encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Don't use clique.. use mouseover heals.
    ... which is exactly what Clique does, it adds mouseover heal support and it does it way smarter than macros can handle. I don't understand what you are on about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakkeyez View Post
    I am a lot of people then . Vuh'do does what you ask for, does not require an addon like clique to go with it as it has built in mouseover functionality. You can choose to show buffs/hots/shields as a filled in square or as it's icon with or without timers. There is also an option to instead show it as a thin bar that depletes over time as the buff expires. It is about as hard/easy to configure as Grid (or any addon that offers lots of customization). Vuh'do also has built in support for tracking how much remains of shields, for finding optimal targets for CoH/PoH and some other nifty functions like automatically using trinkets on cooldown etc. You can also set it up to show an extra frame for targets you are told to keep an eye on (kind of like an extra focus frame) which can be handy sometimes. It's easy to tell it was made for healers. It also has pretty good support from the healer community so problems with it are often answered pretty quickly on forums etc. The one thing I dislike with it (Grid has the same problem) is that it's a raidframe replacement only so if you want to customize other unit frames like player, target and target's target then you will have to use a separate addon for that.
    I'm not dissing Vuhdo, just that it has a lot of option I never used, so Grid allowed me to only install what I use. Both addons can be used perfectly identical. What bottered me most when I was trying out Vuhdo that it assumed a lot. A lot of things were pre-modified, like the layout of hots, or the keybinds. I also disliked the menu-layout, but that isn't such a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Blakkeyez View Post
    ... eh

... mouseover heals is exactly what Clique handles so I am not sure what you are suggesting here. If you are trying to say that mouseover macros is a better option you are wrong but I am not certain that it is what you were trying to say.
    When I use the term mouse-over healing, I refer to mouse-over macro's. When I talk about things like Clique, Vuhdo or Healbot functionality I generally use the term click-healing.

I've always used mouse-over macro's, so that was part of the Vuhdo packet I didn't need.
    Resurrected Holy Priest