Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    question is what do you do when your zerg of 15 gets rofled by a group of 5 in GW2?
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    question is what do you do when your zerg of 15 gets rofled by a group of 5 in GW2?
    Stop sucking or get another 15.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelsh View Post
    Well the frontiers were not designed for 8v8 battles with "NO ADDING". That's what I'm getting at. If they want their fair, even numbered 8v8 battles, give them an instanced battleground they can queue for. Same for 1v1s.

By all means run around in an 8man group, take on various sized groups, but don't have a fit when someone joins in the action. It's REALM vs REALM.
    Just because some groups may behave like little crybabies after they've been zerged doesn't mean that there should be no small-scale PvP at all in the open world
    But I guess it would be difficult to find smaller groups for that anyway if there's instanced PvP, so this discussion may be obsolete ^^

I can imagine seeing a lot more small-scale pvp fights going around the map rather than enormous zergs all the time. (there will be a time and place for those I think)

Small, yet vital objectives are going to be spread out around the map like mines or stone quarries and caravans delivering supplies.

Large objectives like castle taking/defending seems like the only place and a reason to have or encourage zergs.

The world pvp system is going to be 2 weeks long, so it won't be as concentrated like let's say... AION abyss area, where sieges windows were 30mins - 2 hrs on a specific day. That crammed about a thousand people at a very specific spot to fight which resulted in tons of lag and crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I've never played DAOC can someone enlighten me on what the pvp was like?
    You get together with your band of 20 or so players, and rush into the wide world of RvR... Then suddenly, your screen stops, and your fps drop to 0... Then you're looking up from the ground as 150 (insert other faction) finish rushing through your group of 20 mannequins to move on to the next...

I hear things got better later, after some client/server improvements, but it always strikes me as funny that camelot pvp is always mentioned in high regard... Maybe they all started playing later than I : )

-Alamar

DAoC! My first MMO, ever! I miss it so much, it's so nostalgic to think back on.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I've never played DAOC can someone enlighten me on what the pvp was like?
    Imagine running through a field with 30-40 of your guildmates. You have a skald (Hell ya Midgard!); you're running pretty fast. Then out of nowhere, you all stop with "Zzzzzzzzz"s coming from your heads. Then you stand there and watch as your entire squad is mercilessly picked off, healers first, while you stand there and watch.

That's RvR.

Still, DaoC was my first MMO so I'll always have fond memories. The Tuscaren Glacier Raid was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    You tell your team to go back to WoW cuz obviously they aren't using their self heal and dodging. And trust me, what you said will happen. A LOT.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, DAOC..

I truly miss many aspects of this game. Soo many fond memories of killing people in Darkness Falls after another realm would take it over. Since I played a Shadowblade and being able to climb keep walls during RvR getting the quick kill on the healer/CC on the inside just made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. I also wish many games would take into consideration of the crafting system DAOC had. You didn't have to be max level to become a master crafter all you had to do is have someone that could feed you materials until you mastered your craft (Also being able to break down things you craft to get materials back was epic in my opinion).

Does anyone know if you will have to level to be able to become a master crafter in GW2? (Example: Like in WoW you have to be level 25 to go beyond 250 in said craft before you can train up.)

Plus if it wasn't for DAOC I would never have met my wife. Yes, I know nerdy but I don't care.

Nekross- Norse/Shadowblade Guinevere server

Deleted
    The RvR system there was and is still the best type of PVP.

50 Light Mentalist and 50 Champ pre-buff.

Deleted
    Still kinda concerned about monster lags if hundreds of people crash into another in GW2. Wonder how they will address that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    Still kinda concerned about monster lags if hundreds of people crash into another in GW2. Wonder how they will address that.
    Servers powered by over a million hamsters!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelsh View Post
    Servers powered by over a million hamsters!
    Nah most MMOs switched to puppy furnaces about 3 years ago
    on topic. The lag in DaoC was pretty bad for massive battles however this was...what about 10 years ago? the server technology is so much better I bet lag wont be too much of an issue, looking at WAR (during the short time i played) I saw a 200X200 person battle I had an FPS of 50ish and a lat of 190ish. So I assume It wont be terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww yessss. DaoC was my first Mmo as well, just thinking back on all the relic raids, keep defense and even 8v8 battles I partook in is really nostalgic. Best pvp i've played through all the mmo's on my playlist. WvWvW is the reason why i'm trying out GW2 as well, looks pretty fun!

I didn't get the memo on DAoC until it was "dead," was playing mostly CCGs and console games around that time. Really wish I had.

Nevertheless, WvWvW is a big part of why I'm here.

Deleted
    Played on US server as Midgard Norseman Warrior in Evil Dead guild.
    Somewhere before Shrouded Isles and left a bit after ToA was released.
    Still have fond memories of Darkness Falls, epic RvR and SI raids

/highfive Futhark

I suppose we'll get a group up and running, composed of old and newer members of Exhale

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, Exhale... Salisbury/Mid? I've run with you a couple of times with my Valkyrie
    You were a Savage, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Socram View Post
    Hmmm, Exhale... Salisbury/Mid? I've run with you a couple of times with my Valkyrie
    You were a Savage, right?
    Salisbury (EU Classic): Theurgist with Rain.

Gareth (US Classic): Savage (Feranor) with Nosgoth.

Bossiney (US Classic Cluster): Zerker (Raennar) with Hopeless and later Exhale/Roadri

Ywain (US ToA Cluster): Friar (Naveya) with Exhaled and later Runemaster (Theranor) with Hopeless. Also dabbled at Druid and Warden with Nevermind a bit.