10+ Year Old Account

Mastery Holy Build Research. Post here.

Hello, My name is Jazzster - Holy Paladin - US Galakrond. We just killed Heroic Rag last night and I'm completely switching my build to the Mastery build instead of the haste build. I'm toying with it so it's still in the beginning efforts. If anyone have any information on it please post. I'm having horrible luck looking online through forums and read-ups. I'm looking for stat weights, soft cap, crit, mastery, anything really. I want to get a better perspective of it through other holy Paladins or anything else that knows anything about the Mastery build. I've been doing some tough math but I think my numbers are a bit off with the crit/mastery ratios. If I can't find anything based off of this build, I will restore my Haste build which so far looks and plays better, but like I said. I'm just toying with the mastery build and looking for statistics.

Thank you! =]

Nillo will be here soon!

Seriously though. Mastery builds are not considered viable.
    They are more useful for some encounters but haste is good for all around stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do know that haste is more viable throughout HM encounters, BUT I'm just looking for statistics and numbers based off the Mastery build to what will make it play at its best. Otherwise I'll just have to close this top and go back to being top throughput healer again, =O. I do love the haste build, I just want some answers! =D

Deleted
    Mastery spec is at its best singletarget tank healing. That is the reason it is only viable on 25man raiding and not on 10man since 10man you just cant singletarget tunnelvision tank heal. The numbers well lets see if i find the original post in these forums. Ok this aint the original but some really nice debate/some numbers for mastery vs haste

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...aladins./page7

---------- Post added 2011-11-13 at 01:00 PM ----------

Go ahead knock yourself off on that link and wait until someone more patient comes and post better anwser to your question
    Last edited by mmoc491a4f58f3; 2011-11-13 at 10:44 AM.

Ok, so you wanna go mastery build. Why? I dont know. But here's some advice

Mastery Build: You better be the ONLY healer on the tanks. A Mastery Paladin has the best throughput for just tank healing then any other class in the game currently. Your stat priority will look like this

Int >>> Spirit >>> Mastery >>> Crit =/= Haste

OR if you are very good at managing mana

Int >>> Mastery >>> Spirit >>> Crit =/= Haste
    I say this second build because you don't have to waste your mana as much on Holy Radiance, and unless the tank is taking heavy damage Holy Light + Shield + Holy Shock + Huge WoG's is enough to keep him alive (Even on Heroic Rag I was able to use Holy Light about equally as Divine Light)

Now, don't be afraid to also gimp your gear by going into previous tiers to use pieces that benefit you.
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...92;71237;71449
    Was the build I used. Had around 2500 Mastery, and reguardless of what others say using the Mastery/Resist trinket that premos paladin uses I wouldn't suggest.

Talent/Glyph setup I used would be
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#scIbzrkhufkhbZco:mcVMfa
    Now, the reason I choose 1/2 Judge is because as a tank healer. You shouldnt stray too far away from the tank so you are still in range for "Hand" spells. The talent can then be placed into 1/2 Blessed Life, now, I'd personally go with 0/2 Imp Judge (2/2 Blessed Life*Rag Only*) just due to me knowing the fights inside and out so I know somewhere I can always be in range to judge while being close to the tank. Now, come 4.3 I wouldnt spec Imp Judge at all, you only need to judge once every minute and if you cant refresh it in that entire minute... that's pretty much player fault.
    Now if you're asking why "LoD Glyph" it's cause if you're near the tank, you're near melee. So when an AoE pulse goes out, you can LoD that will heal the melee, and transfer to the tank. Now you won't gain a shield, but it can help a little bit at zero cost in loss of tank healing.

Gems/Enchants
    Put as many mastery gems in as possible, every color has a mastery gem to it so use them like crazy.
    Blue - 20 Mastery 20 Spirit (Zen Dream Emerald)
    Red/Yellow - 20 Int 20 Mastery (Artful Ember Topaz)
    For Prismatic gems you can go 40 Mastery since they are bonus.

Hope this helps, and it's a very rough setup as i did this rather quickly
    Btw, haste will still trump mastery come next tier =P