Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 4.3 - Shadow - Highest Dps Set

I finally got around to putting together a POTENTIAL BiS Set list for 4.3. Be advised this is the full heroic BiS Set list, and as such does not have the lower ilvl items at all. It is also assuming that DTR is still BiS and outperforms the ilvl 410 weapons. I still need to sim this so I will update it when I am at home and can do so. If anyone wants me to try additional changes/setups with items please post on here and advise me what item to swap, and why you think it is better.

All items are POST Reforging and Enchanting, and using my current setup of Tailor and Inscription.

List has been updated to not include any VP items as they may not have 410 heroic level upgrades.

Helm - Hood of Dying Light
    673 Intellect
    112 Spirit
    203 Crit Rating
    370 Haste

Shoulder - Mantle of Dying Light
    598 Intellect
    84 Spirit
    268 Mastery
    127 Crit Rating
    25 Haste

Chest - Robes of Dying Light
    639 Intellect
    327 Spirit
    382 Haste

Legs - Leggings of Dying Light
    714 Intellect
    55 Spirit
    331 Mastery
    361 Haste

Gloves - Gloves of Liquid Smoke
    491 Intellect
    95 Spirit
    65 Mastery
    143 Crit Rating
    291 Haste

Bracers - Bracers of the Banished
    386 Intellect
    184 Mastery
    200 Haste

Belt - Cord of the Slain Champion
    508 Intellect
    98 Spirit
    149 Crit Rating
    256 Haste

Boots - Janglespur Jackboots
    468 Intellect
    99 Spirit
    35 Mastery
    149 Crit Rating
    256 Haste

Cloak - Woundlicker Cover
    301 Intellect
    185 Spirit
    148 Haste

Neck - Petrified Fungal Heart
    306 Intellect
    204 Spirit
    204 Haste

Ring1 - Signet of Suturing
    336 Intellect
    169 Spirit
    209 Haste

Ring2 - Ring of the Riven
    336 Intellect
    197 Haste
    189 Mastery

Wand - Finger of Zon'ozz
    172 Intellect
    120 Mastery
    106 Haste

Weapon - Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest
    576 Intellect
    271 Haste
    314 Hit
    2786 Spellpower

Trinket1 - Will of Unbinding
    990 Intellect after stacks

Trinket2 - Insignia of the Corrupted Mind
    517 Intellect
    3278 Haste proc for 20 seconds

BIS SET TOTALS
    7021 Intellect
    1428 Spirit
    1192 Mastery
    771 Crit Rating
    3276 Haste
    314 Hit
    2786 Spellpower

DPS - Pending upon sim results

http://tinyurl.com/77phkz2

*Will be updating post momentarily*

11/15/2011 - Updated to Non VP items, Updated Reforging and gemming. Will update with a sim when possible.
    Last edited by Izzirez; 2011-11-16 at 05:09 AM.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

That's the same setup i'm planning to get. Well, there aren't actually that many other choices.
    Maybe the DW-Staff, the Shadowbolt-volley trinket (if the proc is better then the hastebuff).
    For the rest there isn't much to choose from. The higher itemlvl gloves beat the set-gloves by far.

Ledger of Revolting Rituals + Vagaries of Time for us who wants stats on our non-ledgend weaponds altered with Lightning Rod (but let's be honest, DW is better looking!). I don't trust these proc weapons before I get to test them first

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Ledger of Revolting Rituals + Vagaries of Time for us who wants stats on our non-ledgend weaponds altered with Lightning Rod (but let's be honest, DW is better looking!). I don't trust these proc weapons before I get to test them first
    I'll run a sim with that option later. Ti'tahk may be better, but I need some more solid math on it first. I know my guild will still go back to FL to finish up our legendaries though, since it will be better than the Heroic 410 weapons.

Deleted
    Seriously, what's up with this shit ton of gem slots and batshit insane socket bonuses.

And the amount of haste/general itemization is just ridicoules. 4.2 was a huge letdown when it came to itemization, now the issues with the addtitional VT tick wont bother any shadow priest no longer because of this amazing itemization.

Edit: Btw what's up with the insanity of the Deathwing trinket? Shard of Woe version 2.0? Good luck getting any top logs without it equipped.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2011-11-13 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroAvix View Post
    I'll run a sim with that option later. Ti'tahk may be better, but I need some more solid math on it first. I know my guild will still go back to FL to finish up our legendaries though, since it will be better than the Heroic 410 weapons.
    Ti'tahk will be needed by atleast 1-2 people (3-4 in 25man) as it should be a good increase for the whole raid. Just saying that I would be happy if I'm not the one wielding it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Seriously, what's up with this shit ton of gem slots and batshit insane socket bonuses.

And the amount of haste/general itemization is just ridicoules. 4.2 was a huge letdown when it came to itemization, now the issues with the addtitional VT tick wont bother any shadow priest no longer because of this amazing itemization.
    Final tier is insane look at the hunter/feral druid polearm or w/e as it stands full stack of it's buff = 5000 agility on top of it's base stats etc. so the final tier they are making the items insane.

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Ti'tahk will be needed by atleast 1-2 people (3-4 in 25man) as it should be a good increase for the whole raid. Just saying that I would be happy if I'm not the one wielding it :P
    As far as I've seen so far, the math on Ti'tahk points to every caster having DTR being higher rDps over any combination of DTR and Ti'tahk.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Healers can take a Ti'tahk, if needed, though.

List looks good from where I'm sitting.

Thank you for this. Been running a few set ups aswell but this one seems legit.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, also, are we sure certain items have a heroic version? The wand is a VP item, for instance, and might not be available on heroic. It's like in 4.2, when people dataminedheroic VP bracers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    Oh, also, are we sure certain items have a heroic version? The wand is a VP item, for instance, and might not be available on heroic. It's like in 4.2, when people dataminedheroic VP bracers, etc.
    I'll have to check up on that for sure when it is verified. I just pulled in the items from wowhead and used the 410 items I found. I'll update it later with non VP upgrades as well.

edit: On that same note, I have to replace the cloak as well. I'll update the post momentarily with the other options and I'll refine the post when I get home later tonight.

edit2: Updated the OP with the changes about the cloak and wands and the alternatives. Will update the full list and the reforging later after I look into the reasoning behind no 410 ilvl cloaks.
    Last edited by Izzirez; 2011-11-13 at 09:25 PM.

How did you value the 4 set bonus? Are there any tests with it somewhere?

Holy haste batman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Karshda View Post
    You are correct. Didn't see that one before. I need to find out where it comes from, but I will swap it in the list when I get the chance.

---------- Post added 2011-11-13 at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucapa View Post
    How did you value the 4 set bonus? Are there any tests with it somewhere?
    I have been unable to find any tests on it yet, and I haven't sat down to theorycraft it out on my own, since it has a lot of rng in it.

Deleted
    Will look quite awesome also.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post

Edit: Btw what's up with the insanity of the Deathwing trinket? Shard of Woe version 2.0? Good luck getting any top logs without it equipped.
    I remember reading a while back that items get better itemized as we get towards the end of the expansion - so that there will be no question on upgrading gear. This reflected in the near flatline increases in Haste for Shadow and in Spirit for Holy/Disc gear this Tier vs T11. I figured this was also their way of avoiding having to 'increase' ave Haste levels twice, resulting in near 40% Haste again by end of expansion.

Changed the title to reflect what this list is and to avoid confusing. Some people don't understand BiS SETUPS and Gear Slot ranking lists. I have a potential final set sitting on my computer at home that I'm having issues finishing the reforging on. Once I get that worked out I will post that list.

Just updated the set to get rid of the VP Items and redid the reforging to hit cap. Will update with a sim when possible and when I find math on the 4pc.