Thread: Compatibility

Deleted

Compatibility

hey all,

Going to build my First PC soon, so I wondered are certain parts like a processer and a graphics card incompatible or does everything work together?

Quote Originally Posted by Typhen View Post
    hey all,

Going to build my First PC soon, so I wondered are certain parts like a processer and a graphics card incompatible or does everything work together?
    They do not all work together, you will have to match the cpu socket to mobo socket and so on. Like 1155 will only sit in 1155.

Your motherboard and processor must be matched (look for 'Processor Interface' - e.g. Socket AM3 or LGA 1155). You also need to choose RAM based on your motherboard. In terms of graphics card, you need to make sure that you have a free slot on your motherboard that matches the interface type on your graphics card (PCI, PCIe, etc). Make sure your motherboard will fit in the case you buy and be sure your power supply is sufficient.

There's also a 'Computer Build Help' forum on here with a ton of good information. I can't post links yet or I would.
    Last edited by PJSand; 2011-11-13 at 05:55 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think this is the thread he's referring to

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-Help-Threads

Also once you have read over the guide make a post in the Computer Build Help Forum with the parts you have found in your budget and any questions you may still have. The members that regular there will surely give you the advice you may need.