Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Recommened me a good game?

im bored and have like no good games to play (i havent played wow since january this year)

Well yeah, i like games that are similar to wow that have involve magic and fantasy creatures and all that, it doesnt have to be a mmorpg but that is a plus (ive tried aion and rift and i dont really like them).
    Ive also seen skyrim but it doesnt seem to intrest me that much, and ive had some negative feedback from it by some of my real life friends (unless you can persuade me its good otherwise, ive been told its quite boring)

Id also rather prefer it to be on pc because i only own a ps2 other than my pc..

So yeah basically recommened me any adventure / fantasy games that i can test out ?

Skyrim. I like it way better than Oblivion, But if your not into that, The Witcher 2 is also a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    im bored and have like no good games to play (i havent played wow since january this year)

Well yeah, i like games that are similar to wow that have involve magic and fantasy creatures and all that, it doesnt have to be a mmorpg but that is a plus (ive tried aion and rift and i dont really like them).
    Ive also seen skyrim but it doesnt seem to intrest me that much, and ive had some negative feedback from it by some of my real life friends (unless you can persuade me its good otherwise, ive been told its quite boring)

Id also rather prefer it to be on pc because i only own a ps2 other than my pc..

So yeah basically recommened me any adventure / fantasy games that i can test out ?

Dragon Age Origin (The first 1 don't bother with the second its aweful)

Your friends are silly. Get Skyrim.

(DA:O is a good suggestion too. Heard nice things about The Witcher 2 as well.)

I appreciate the replies guys

Dragon age looks orite. does it involve much use of magic and fantasy shit though? thats mainly what im looking for, and can someone tell me alittle about diablo 3?

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    I appreciate the replies guys

Dragon age looks orite. does it involve much use of magic and fantasy shit though? thats mainly what im looking for, and can someone tell me alittle about diablo 3?
    As a mage in Dragon Age, you basically cast constantly. There's a lot of magic, and it's pretty much the definition of high fantasy.

Most important thing about Diablo 3 is that it isn't out yet :/ But it's more action-y, and based a lot on loot. Has mage classes too that cast constantly. It's theme is more dark fantasy than the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bastion is a phenomenal game and is pretty cheap on Steam.

It's not really fantasy, but I still recommend it because it is that damn good.

10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said in this thread: The Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins and Skyrim are some of the good ones out there. However, if you're into a little light hearted fantasy, give Magicka a try. I found it hilarious.

The original Witcher I thought was an epic journey. If you play all day it will take a week or two to complete. The plot, characters and world it creates is awesome. Running away from thugs in the swamp made me really scared. Hairs on the back of my neck style.

I couldn't get into oblivion or da1, but have them installed for Christmas when there's not too much else on.

Oh yeah. Torchlight deserves a mention. Dirt cheap and good fun, though light hearted. And cthulu saves the world was pretty funny and good value, though very retro in the graphics department.

I guess Skyrim. It's supposed to reek of console port for the PC, though. It's meant to be much more comfortable to play with a gamepad. That's all second-hand information, though.

Dragon Age: Origins is good too, but if you value your sanity, stay away from Dragon Age 2: Black Ops.
    Those who search for meaning in something will always find it - even if it's not there. Apophenia and pareidolia, gentlemen.

The orignal dexus ex, true game design havent seen anything like it in a while, and its an rpg, ok fair enough theres guns and all that but it is very good. All the other rpgs etc recommanded are good, but give portal 2 a shot as well!

I didn't like oblivion or skyrim but OOOMMMMMGGGGG skyrim is fuggin amazing!!! I would definitely try to get into it if you can. It's addicting as hell ( and well worth the money with hundreds maybe thousands of hours worth of gameplay.)

Maplestory.

Deleted
    RPG: Skyrim
    RTS: SC2 or Age of Empires 3 (no expansion packs)
    FPS: MW3
    MMO: Well... That'd be wow

I haven't tried Skyrim yet so I can't recommend it, but if it's more like Morrowind than Oblivion then it's probably good
    as for my recomendations...

Dragon Age: Origins
    Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines
    Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    The Longest Journey
    TLJ2: Dreamfall
    Blade Runner
    Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
    Gabriel Knight trilogy

Deleted
    Again. Skyrim.

I got bored of oblivion a few hours in. Skyrim, I'm twice as far in and still loving it. Its has a lot more action the oblivion.

Personally. I can't really get into any of the Dragon Age games. I wanted to. But I just didn't find them any fun

Half Life 2. There have been very few actually worthwhile titles in pc gaming recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO:WoW
    FPS: MW3
    Fighting Game:Mortal Kombat or Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
    Rpg:Skyrim
    Rts: Starcraft 2/Warcraft 3

If you like Magic alot, try Dragon Age 2 or Skyrim.
    Howay the lads!

Divine Divinity. It's a Diablo-like game but it has more interactive environment and a strong adventure side.

***Mild side-quest spoiler below***
    Like for one quest you have to heal two soldiers. But you have only one healing stone. So if you just walk around the village you may find a magical mirror and a book that describes it's usage. Upon reading it you have to find a water source. Then you can drop the mirror into it and add the healing stone to duplicate it.
    ***Mild side-quest spoiler ends here***

You can check out it's official trailer here and a bit more HQ gameplay video here.