Looking for a 4.3 dungeon spec, need advice.

My third 85 is my Warlock, and I usually stick to simple Affliction PvP with him. I have a PvE Affliction spec (for running BH once a week), but most of my gear is PvP. However, in 4.3 I hope to "farm" the three new dungeons on my warlock for the sake of having fun receiving more valor points fed to my main (for those BoE valor pieces).

After running ZG - and I knew this long beforehand, my PvE affliction spec isn't as superb as I hoped to be... as trash dies too quickly (low ramp up time on DoTs) and my AoE seems very crappy (unless I'm doing something awfully wrong, be mindful I'm in 384 pvp gear). I do decent numbers when it comes to bosses - but I still look "weak" on the damage meters before getting to the bosses and don't want to be kicked from a group thinking I'm awful.

So - what would be an ideal spec, if not affliction, to do good aoe/boss dmg/4.3 dungeons? I'm thinking demonology would be best, but destruction seems appealing with its buffs coming.

Thanks for any advice and pointers! As far as my affliction aoe goes, use soul shard on seed of corruption (to mass my corruption spell), but then what? Keep seeding or rain of fire? Or am I missing something completely obvious? This must be why my main isn't a warlock...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RemJay24 View Post
    My third 85 is my Warlock, and I usually stick to simple Affliction PvP with him. I have a PvE Affliction spec (for running BH once a week), but most of my gear is PvP. However, in 4.3 I hope to "farm" the three new dungeons on my warlock for the sake of having fun receiving more valor points fed to my main (for those BoE valor pieces).

After running ZG - and I knew this long beforehand, my PvE affliction spec isn't as superb as I hoped to be... as trash dies too quickly (low ramp up time on DoTs) and my AoE seems very crappy (unless I'm doing something awfully wrong, be mindful I'm in 384 pvp gear). I do decent numbers when it comes to bosses - but I still look "weak" on the damage meters before getting to the bosses and don't want to be kicked from a group thinking I'm awful.

So - what would be an ideal spec, if not affliction, to do good aoe/boss dmg/4.3 dungeons? I'm thinking demonology would be best, but destruction seems appealing with its buffs coming.

Thanks for any advice and pointers! As far as my affliction aoe goes, use soul shard on seed of corruption (to mass my corruption spell), but then what? Keep seeding or rain of fire? Or am I missing something completely obvious? This must be why my main isn't a warlock...
    I would say go and check out the Warlock boards on Elitist Jerks, or check out the several guides on Manaflask.com posted by the guys and girls from ensidia. Those helped me out allot.

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t112939-...m_4_2_release/ <-- affliction spec guide from elitist jerks
    http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t111390-...m_4_2_release/ <-- destruction spec guide from elitist jerks
    http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t110366-...m_4_2_release/ <-- demonology spec guide from elitist jerks

Do keep in mind i have never used the site myself and i honestly have no idea if if they are any good. But all 3 of those guides are from same person and from a first glance they looked nice and informative so.... hope they help hehe!

awesome, thanks!

I'll give both a read and maybe trial/error in ZA/ZGs before 4.3.

For dungeons, demo is sweet. Your CDs are active for most of the fights, you have fab aoe, and you bring nice burst. Your FG can stun stuff. And by the time you're fired through to the next boss, your CDs are ready to go again

And for the 4.3 dungeon with the egg timer,. you reset your meta CD i believe, i know i had my DS cd reset.

I will be trying out destro in 4.3, but if it's no use, i'll keep demo for stuff like that.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    why not just play what you enjoy playing?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    why not just play what you enjoy playing?
    I tend to agree with your point of view, but also consider the mentally of the current playerbase. If you don't do over 10-12k dps you will be kicked or even worse, a crazy tank/healer or another dps will start shouting at you.

My personal suggestion is to try first a demo warlock, they have great aoe for trash and awesome single target dps.

The warlock specs are pretty evenly balanced when it comes to single target dps ( i believe with destro being last - it's been some time since i checked EJ) but if you want to pull high numbers on trash, then demo is the way to go.

PS: Our raid demo warlock constantly pulls 50-60k dps on scorpion trash in FL.

Deleted
    As destro is getting buffed in 4.3 you can try that out too. burst is better then affli, as your conflag can hit quite hard