10+ Year Old Account

Assassin's Creed Revelations Thread

Anything AC:R related, post it here. =) Really excited for this game to be honest.
    "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

Getting this one for my PS3 because the multiplayer matchmaking in Brotherhood for the PC sucked and was immensely bugged.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

I started playing Assassin's Creed 2 months ago. I finished the 3 games, and I'm now addicted to the whole series / story. Can't wait until tomorrow to go get my copy of Revelations - I played the previous games on PC but I'm getting the next one on Xbox, I heard controls were better on consoles.

The whole plotline is just amazing, you know a game is good when you want the next game to come out as soon as you finish the previous...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks the PC version is coming out later than the console versions. =(

---------- Post added 2011-11-14 at 10:44 AM ----------

Brave, you could hook your Xbox control to your PC too. That is what I do since its not easy and comfortable to play AC with keyboard and mouse

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone know the lore behind this story yet? why do we keep seeing videos with the Alter(Sp?) the assassin from the first game !

--------------
    SPOILERS
    --------------

@Kmb2603:

The story in Revelations is set a few years after Brotherhood. Ezio is now trying to find the secrets that Altaïr has hidden. During that quest, he will be able to "revive" (I don't know how, we will see!) moments of Altaïr's life which will lead him to to discover the "truth".

@Gottie4u:

I tried AB: Broterhood on xbox yesterday, I prefered it to the PC version, since my laptop made it lag a bit, I'm going to go consoles for games until I can upgrade to a desktop

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had it on pre-order. Can't wait.

Can't wait until tomorrow! I have it pre-ordered and GameStop ungraded pre-orders to the special edition we also get to see how Ezio's story finally ends and everything else that I've wanted to know.

Tomorrow will be the longest day of my life in work going to see if I can get away doing paperwork from home! This whole serious is bloody amazing, the first game did suffer from grinding to get from one stage to the next and 2 picked up on the problems but showcased more. Brotherhood was incredible, never tried the multiplayer as the story was just incredible and I was immersed in that. I don't believe the multiplayer wa needed but I've heard nothing but great things about it. I will probably try the multiplayer if I can tear myself away from BF3.

I just pre-ordered it today at Gamestop. The bonuses you get for reserving the game are amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far how do you guys like it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottie4u View Post
    So far how do you guys like it?
    LOL. After God only knows how many hours, I'm just barely past sequence 4 (beginning of sequence 5, haven't taken first mission yet).

But I own everything in the city except 3-4 landmarks. I own every item in the game that's buyable at this point. All of my Assassin dens are completely protected by Master Assassins (so I don't have to play Plants vs. Zombies... er, "Tower Defense" anymore). I've done all 5 of the Desmond memory sequences (that was a let down). I have the Master Assassin's armor... which is funny since I only just now unlocked iron armor from the vendors. Come to think of it, I had the MA Armor when all I could buy was leather shoulders and greaves.

I control 8 cities. Should control more, but I kept fighting to get all of them to 100%, then realized that's not likely. I have about 50 memory fragments. All of the... forgot his name, but his maps save for the one sitting in an area I'm not allowed to go yet. I'm as far as I can go so far with Sophia. I've done 3 Altair memories. All of the faction quests available to me at this point.

As of turning off the game tonight, the only thing I can do now is the actual story missions. LOL Until other side stuff opens up.

The only side stuff I haven't gone out of my way to do is all of the faction challenges.

To answer your question, I love it. But then, I've always been a sucker for this series.

Oh, and P.S.

Vlad Tepes' sword is so OP it's ridiculous. I can't believe you can get that during sequence 2.
    Last edited by Disenchanted; 2011-11-20 at 11:15 AM.

I beat the game and it was pretty awesome! I loved the game now I can't wait for AC3 which is in the making now!

And @Disenchanted, i love Vlad's sword too lol.

I know this is a bit of a necro on this thread, but I just beat it.... awesome game. The cliffhanger is huge too, so I can't wait to see what AC3 has for us.

Side note: Revelations for PC came out on the 29th... same day patch 4.3 hit, which, as you know, has the rogue legendary quest chain. That chain has a quest "Assassinate Creed"... coincidence? O_o

Typical Assassin's Creed game... Which is to say, IT WAS AWESOME! The story, as always, delivered. I can't say enough good things about the story, it's constantly cranked up to awesome factor 11. The ending was especially nice. It wrapped up Ezio and Altair's stories nicely, while also getting me pumped for AC3. That being said, the game was not without a few flaws. It wasn't as hard as Brotherhood, I was able to 100% every mission fairly easily. I encountered a few bugs that caused me to desynchronize during certain missions, mainly missions where I had a companion. Also, I'm not 100% on this, but I think it was a good deal shorter than Brotherhood. I also did not enjoy the Desmond sequences one bit. They felt like a replacement for the Truth puzzles, and I actually like those. The first person platforming was just lame.

As for what the game did right. The hookblade. I fell in love with it immediately. Altair segments took the badass to a whole new level. And I must admit, I get a little bit horny every time I get to use an apple of eden. Overall, it was a lot like previous AC games. For some that will be a turn off, for me it's a good thing. I've beaten every AC game 100% so far, and I can't wait for more.