Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Curse beta keys get them while they are hot!

Redeem by the 18th to get into whatever phase they are doing. ^_^ Good luck!
    http://www.curse.com/news/star-wars-...-keys-at-curse
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Unless you of course, have already applied to be a beta tester prior to November 11th. If that is the case, do not try to use a key from Curse. You will already have a beta spot for the next test.

Deleted
    at least they are giving the keys away for free.

not like IGN trying to scam people into their shitty little prime wannabe premium program without even mentioning the keys are for a weekend beta only. I mean I never had any respect for ign but this was a little shady even for them.

to all who do not know

YOU DO NOT want to get a key from ANYWHERE other than the TOR site if you signed up and REGISTERED for testing on their site.

this will almost certainly cause problems with your beta invite, TOR will send keys to ALL who register on TOR and I can say with almost 100% certainty that if you get a code from other than TOR you will NOT be in the beta.

my guess is that they are using this time to set keys to all TOR accts so if you use a key other than theirs you wont get into the beta.

just my thoughts could always be wrong though

---------- Post added 2011-11-14 at 09:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    at least they are giving the keys away for free.

not like IGN trying to scam people into their shitty little prime wannabe premium program without even mentioning the keys are for a weekend beta only. I mean I never had any respect for ign but this was a little shady even for them.
    WOW.....just GOSH DARN WOW that is a very LOW and piss poor way for a company to do business.

Just for kicks i went to the IGN site to see the hubbubb and WOW thats pathetic.

Well I got a key, and redeemed it, but now how do I download the beta...? lol

http://www.tentonhammer.com/giveaways/swtor/beta

Can also get them from there.

---------- Post added 2011-11-14 at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nak View Post
    Well I got a key, and redeemed it, but now how do I download the beta...? lol
    The test will be at the end of November or early December. It should be in the email they sent you.

The codes are good. Once you redem them it should show "BETA Testing Code (Event 1)" under your code redemption history.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    The codes are good. Once you redem them it should show "BETA Testing Code (Event 1)" under your code redemption history.
    Yup, got that on my account info under "Code Redemption" ^ ^ and thanks Redgoon.

Does he key provided by tentonhammer give you access to the beta that isnt occurring on the weekends? Or is it access to t he beta weekend that everyone recieved on friday who have made an account by than?

Nvm, its for the next beta weekend.
    Last edited by Vallin; 2011-11-14 at 09:36 PM.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

WOW.....just GOSH DARN WOW that is a very LOW and piss poor way for a company to do business.

Just for kicks i went to the IGN site to see the hubbubb and WOW thats pathetic.
    I know right? Dont you just want to go there and leave your opinion on the comments? Oh that's right, you can't. Because ign is devious enough to disable all comments for all news related to their "special beta key give-away(is it a give-away if you give them money in return really?) so that you can't warn the poor fools that will undoubtedly fall for it.

Deleted
    Please please don't let this test be the weekend 26-27/11!

Quote Originally Posted by Algor View Post
    Please please don't let this test be the weekend 26-27/11!
    I think there's a VERY good chance that it will be that weekend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    I think there's a VERY good chance that it will be that weekend.
    Yeah you're probably right my friend. But if so you guys will have to double up on the testing on account of my absence, deal? =)

Zam is also giving them away.

Expect a reply e-mail before the weekend with DL info and all that. ( if anyone was wondering)
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Someone had already mentioned it but... If you have already registered on SWTOR.com and have already opt-in for a chance at beta testing do NOT use one of the codes from curse/ign/tenton/where ever. They will be sending out emails to EVERYONE soon that they are in the beta test (generally a 2-4 days before the testing actually starts)
    Last edited by babalou1; 2011-11-19 at 09:53 AM.

Oh, guess I shouldn't have entered the key... oh well, can't turn it off now. Guess I get to find out what happens when you're one of the ones who get an invite then entered a key.

I guess I didn't read close enough and thought this would let me download the beta client and try it out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Oh, guess I shouldn't have entered the key... oh well, can't turn it off now. Guess I get to find out what happens when you're one of the ones who get an invite then entered a key.

I guess I didn't read close enough and thought this would let me download the beta client and try it out tonight.
    Hah, same here. Whoops!

I hope it doesn't make my account ineligible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post

Did the same thing, didn't really understand the email they sent. Oh well, I was hoping to play the beta to bide my time till skyward sword, but since the beta is just weekend events I don't really care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    Cheers for posting that link dude, every other site doesn't let aussies enter so yay for tentonhammer!

175k swtor beta keys and i cant even get one cause i live in guam, fucking us territories. I wanna try out this game before i decide to buy it or not .