Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I made the mistake of entering a code even though I'd already signed up ages ago. So as a precaution, I got another code and signed up with a new account. Guess I should actually read everything next time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ffaorlandu View Post
    I made the mistake of entering a code even though I'd already signed up ages ago. So as a precaution, I got another code and signed up with a new account. Guess I should actually read everything next time
    Wow, so you just used TWO beta keys that someone else could have used. Bravo.

I agree with one of the harsher posts above, people who enter codes when it says in the email that if you signed up before the 11th you'd get one by default. Those who on top of that enter one of the codes destined for people who didn't sign up should be excluded, because they are just being greedy and selfish. You are now depriving someone (assuming that all codes get used) of their position.

Such a shame.

I got a key, don't want it. Do with it what you will.

9WLH-C34S-P6AW-9UPW

Deleted
    I think it's ridiculous that the front page doesn't inform people that the curse keys are in fact only for the upcoming weekend test and not for the "normal" beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Wow, so you just used TWO beta keys that someone else could have used. Bravo.

I agree with one of the harsher posts above, people who enter codes when it says in the email that if you signed up before the 11th you'd get one by default. Those who on top of that enter one of the codes destined for people who didn't sign up should be excluded, because they are just being greedy and selfish. You are now depriving someone (assuming that all codes get used) of their position.

Such a shame.
    They shouldn't have sent that out in an email with the other stuff, though. Who read all of those emails beyond the one that says "You're in - here's how you download the client"? If anything, it should say that somewhere on the page you redeem the codes on. Or just not let you redeem any other codes at all.

The way I see it is, it never said anything on the actual page that a beta spot was guaranteed. Or that just because you got into the Nov. 11th weekend, that you would be invited to any more weekends. If that's actually the case, Bioware should have made it clear on their website, not on some email that they sent out. Judging by all the people here that didn't know, it's not as clear as you'd think.

Doesn't matter. I was in the Nov. 11th beta weekend, and had fun. If I don't get invited to any more betas, at least I got the chance to experience the game for myself. That's more than Blizzard's ever given me.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

Only 49890 keys left on curse and 11000 at mmorpg.com

http://www.facebook.com/masseffect

Go like them on facebook. They are giving away 400,000 codes.

Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    ah i guess it makes sense, these are just for people who didnt sign before the 11th.

I hope I didnt mess up my chances for beta weekend, I thought these codes were for a longer beta, not for the weekends :/
    Exactly, it wasn't written anywhere that it was for the same thing. Way to write the "do not enter again" in small letters at the end of an email...coulda sent one just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothall View Post
    That's more than Blizzard's ever given me.
    Now that you make me think about it, you're so goddamn right. I have spent well over 1000$ on Blizzard games & products in 7 years, and yet I can't still get even a day of beta for an upcoming game which I'm really excited for. Some newly-created account gets chosen over me.

I mean I understand it has to be fair for everyone, but I like much better how SWTOR's "semi-open" beta works. Blizzard betas are the only ones I NEVER got accepted in. I'm probably not alone, but it's time to move on.
    Last edited by Chickensoup23; 2011-11-17 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Exactly, it wasn't written anywhere that it was for the same thing. Way to write the "do not enter again" in small letters at the end of an email...coulda sent one just for that.

Now that you make me think about it, you're so goddamn right. I have spent well over 1000$ on Blizzard games & products in 7 years, and yet I can't still get even a day of beta for an upcoming game which I'm really excited for. Some newly-created account gets chosen over me.

I mean I understand it has to be fair for everyone, but I like much better how SWTOR's "semi-open" beta works. Blizzard betas are the only ones I NEVER got accepted in. I'm probably not alone, but it's time to move on.
    Exactly. I've been in the Lineage 2 beta, the FF11 beta, the LotRO beta, the Rift beta, and the SWTOR beta (probably even others I can't remember). Meanwhile, I've been playing Blizzard games since Warcraft first came out. What has Blizzard given me?

The chance to get a free copy of one of their games, and guaranteed entry into the MoP beta...

As long as I'm willing to pay for one year's subscription to their MMO, which I'm bored of and tired of playing. At $15 a month for a year, that's $180. Is Diablo 3 going to be $180 when it's released? Because if it isn't, then I think I'll choose the better deal.

Blizzard's gotten enough of my money. I'm tired of seeing the same people in every beta, when I've been waiting years for a chance. Bye bye, Blizzard, you greedy wankers.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

anyone know if its going to be a full time beta or a weekend beta?
    Signature by Eruionmel!

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Urahara View Post
    anyone know if its going to be a full time beta or a weekend beta?
    Weekend event
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.