Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    My personal opinion is that it will be released in the first quarter of 2012 and the very very latest being 2nd quarter. There is no way it will take longer than that unless they end up having to scrap the 8th and final class (mesmer) because of it's complicated gameplay and replace it with something else. inb4 source, we all know it's mesmer! Even if that happens I can't see it moving into 2nd quarter.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think it was NCSoft that said "MAYBE" end of 2011 or first quarter of 2012. But I'm pretty sure it was just to keep investors happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    game needs to come out before the winter solstice and the poles flip and we all die =(
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    game needs to come out before the winter solstice and the poles flip and we all die =(
    Dude, it's cool, we live in Texas. Nothing bad happened to Texas, just Vegas, LA and Yellowstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Dude, it's cool, we live in Texas. Nothing bad happened to Texas, just Vegas, LA and Yellowstone.
    I live in the north, where the winters are unbearable to say the least. No amount of pole flipping can stop the hair on my chest from bursting into flames at the first sign of a snowflake.

I live in the north, where the winters are unbearable to say the least. No amount of pole flipping can stop the hair on my chest from bursting into flames at the first sign of a snowflake.
    lol norn irl unite!

AN should toss us a new bone to chew on, no? I dont have anything against recycling old topics but the whole "done when it's done" philosophy sort of stomps out the logic behind doing so. :-\

yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    lol same dude, it's already started snowing where I am ~_~ I already can't wait for summer again.

Back on topic though, we will probably have a closed beta by the end of this year, sometime early next year (depending on how closed beta goes) we should see open beta, then the final release of the game mid to late 2012. Just my speculation. Honestly though, when it's done it's done. Nothing we can do but wait and cry in a corner until it comes out. *walks to my corner*

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, yes it’s purely speculation, the game is pretty much done based on all the videos, interviews and game play I’ve seen these last few months. That being said it is likely the launch will be tied into how well games like SWtOR perform in the first quarter of 2012 and whether the market is ready for another MMO. Historically launch times of games especially MMOs are very critical and can make or break a franchise so I don’t think it has as much to do with the game being ready to go at this point but when will be the most opportune time to bring it live.
    Of course this is all speculation but it would definitely enter into things if it were my decision.

Because of how well the game is currently I don't think it is possible for them not to release it sometime in 2012. Funny thing is I keep hearing people believe that MoP will release during late spring/early summer and for whatever reason I always thought that was when GW2 would release so looks like I will have many games to play around that period.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you think they are delaying because they want to see how TOR does? Makes sense I guess. Looks to me like GW2 will release in summer 2012, and MoP xpac will prob be winter of 2012.....the end of the world....of warcraft lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope for it to be released soon, but I wouldn't rush ANet.

In alot of aspects GW2 seems very developed. We'll likely see a closed beta soon, and i think an open beta will be relatively short. Free access for anyone to test, is most likely just to stress test servers and the last touch. Dont go expecting months of open beta, how many games actually have a prolonged open beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Dont go expecting months of open beta, how many games actually have a prolonged open beta?
    Minecraft.

I think Cataclysm also had a pretty long Beta.

Didn't SCII also have a decently sized Beta?

They've been working on GW for.... well over 4 years at this point. I'd say another 6 months to a year will be worth the wait, the game will be amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia
    Has anything pushed you to the edge of quitting WoW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreall
    Long Distance relationships and Justin Bieber

Deleted
    Any news on mesmer or something?
    Should be info within upcoming week or 2. Unless that info will come, I bet we can all expect a longer wait for the game... end of next year at best.

The demos show an already very polished game for not even being in beta yet. I cant see them needing more than half a year to get it done at this point. From a sales standpoint they'll probably want to land it at about the halfway point between TOR and Pandaria's releases. TOR is likely to release first unless they rush whatever they have done out ASAP and releaseing at the same time will just hurt sales for both games. I cant see MoP being out before summer time, more than likely early fall, bliz is just not that fast in makeing expansions. If GW2 launches ~3 months after TOR and before MoP it seems the ideal time. the initial surge of TOR sales will have begune to fall off and those that dont find TOR a good fit will have had time to consume as much of the content as they feel like. WoW will be stuck in that post final patch duldrums waiting for a new expansion where everybody's looking for something new. Timed right GW2 could snap up a bunch of bored wow players as well as a bunch that tried TOR for a few months. All they need to do is get the initial sale as they are not compeating for subscriptions, just that initial outlay of funds to buy the box.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    how many games actually have a prolonged open beta?
    Rift had an open beta that was like a month. With many weekend beta (like 6 weeks) and 2 month invitation alpha to top EQ/WOW guilds.

It was so long people practically reach their endgame in the beta. Some people on the forums thought the game was free-2-play even.