Serious Question Regarding Skyrim (Read Before Locking)

I look through the forums and see tons of Skyrim posts being locked. And I ask my self, why does the admin/mod team at MMO want to keep everyone posting in a single thread, which has no organization between various topics and many posts/questions go unread or unseen.

Would it at all be possible to get a actual sub-section devoted to Skyrim? Who would one have to contact in order to work such magic? Or would we have to 'petition' for it?

Thanks!

Nexus of Twisting Nether
    Protocol - Borrowed Time - US-Twisting Nether

Because seeing 15 Skyrim posts when I don't give a damn about Skyrim would get annoying. (Note: I don't feel this way about Skyrim.) Here's Boubouille's post on it:

Megathreads are here to prevent all the hype/craziness surrounding video games releases/announcements. There's nothing more annoying than checking the video games discussions forum and seeing 3 pages of threads about a game you don't care about, just because something was announced/released and make other people completely batshit crazy/insane about it.

It's annoying when it's your game (5% of the time), it's saving your life when it's something you don't care about (95% of the time).
    Subforums are created when there is significant interest. A lot of the current hype about Skyrim will likely fade away.
    Last edited by Caiada; 2011-11-15 at 12:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People choose to make new threads instead of sticking to exisiting threads, a sad fact of life.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Its not so different from the offical wow forums. The blues like to group all the posts in one thread where they can be ignored more easily.

Edit: Its not like they should of created a different subforum for everyone complaining about swifty being banned.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2011-11-15 at 01:00 AM.

Agreed. I posted a thread with a completely legitimate question about Skyrim and I only got one reply before it got merged with the megathread and subsequently lost in the sea of posts. I never got an answer to my question. Kinda pissed me off.

I honestly don't think this game will just fade away. Oblivion kept a massive amount of players until this released, even though it wasn't widely discussed here. As this is a newer game, I believe that if a community was allowed to build up here, it would remain.
    Protocol - Borrowed Time - US-Twisting Nether

If you would like a Skyrim forum, or have feedback about forum policies, feel free to post them in the Suggestions and Feedback forum.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/2...s-and-Feedback

If you have issues with the moderation, you can contact Sunshine about it.

But in answer to your question: Because that's the rules currently. We try to keep the forums somewhat readable so that means keeping discussion about a game primiarly to one thread. The past few days have shown why this policy is around, as there have been dozens upon dozens of Skyrim threads that would have clogged the entire front page had they been left open. We don't hate Skyrim, we just like readable forums

As for Skyrim getting its own forum, this has been asked before so I'll give you the same answer.

It's primarily up to Boubouille, but if Skyrim has enough sustained interest, it might get its own forum. By sustained interest, I'm talking about a large group of people who are consistantly active for a long period of time. GW2, Rift, D3, and SWToR all had big megathreads with an active community, so they got their own forums (Minecraft is just Minecraft, it's special). There was an interest in a SC2 forum so the community got together and is working on showing that there is a need for it. If Skyrim players want one, they can show that there is enough sustained interest (that's not spamming the forums with new threads for a week) and they will likely see one.

redit: FYI, I'm pretty sure all the mods around here read the threads before they close them down (at least a cursory glance).