Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    In honor/preparation of the new console Zelda release, and to hopefully ease the painful wait, I made this thread, to gather all the Zelda fans.

I've been in love with the series since A Link to the Past way more than a decade ago now, and have played every iteration of the series since, though maybe not upon release. I bought a Gamecube solely to play Wind Waker, finally got into the OoT remake (had no N64) and Master Quest (brutal game), and got Twilight Princess for Christmas years ago.

Now, I'm finally able to get one of the games on release, and the anticipation is killing me! Every review I read makes it worse....

So, what are you guys doing while you wait for Skyward Sword? Anybody as excited as me? What are people looking forward to the most?
    I'm so excited, i love change, i love new ideas (not a fanboy) ill give anything a try as long as it has a good story and i personally cant wait no matter how different it is i know it will be good

Deleted
    i think ive played battlefield like 3 times for 20 mins over about 2 weeks.. disappointed to say the least. Ive moved onto watching FMA brotherhood which should keep me busy till it arrives. If not im gonna start an dubstep AMV project to help improve my audio sync

They're pretty much standalone stories (aside from some less-than-obvious connections and other exceptions). This entry is technically the origin story for the series too.
    It's the Origin story for the Master Sword not the Legend of Zelda.

Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    Considering Zelda isn't even royalty yet in Skyward Sword, I'd say chances are that's it origins for more than the Master Sword.

They're pretty much standalone stories (aside from some less-than-obvious connections and other exceptions). This entry is technically the origin story for the series too.
    Yea, I know Zelda, it was always part of my childhood. Only Final Fantasy grabs #1 on the scoreboard. But there are so crappy standalones for the wii, that I don't want to spend all my money in one game... even for Zelda. :s

This game looks so awesome I almost can't tell it's on the N64.

....don't troll. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-11-15 at 04:30 AM.

I would consider the beginning of the Master Sword the beginning of the Legend of Zelda, considering it's been in all of them.

I'm trying not to spoil any story bits for myself, so that's... basically everything I know about it, that and that Zelda and Link are childhood friends and their relationship is important. It'll be better for me not knowing anything, since that sense of discovery has always been the best part of the series.

---------- Post added 2011-11-14 at 11:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sorriow View Post
    Yea, I know Zelda, it was always part of my childhood. Only Final Fantasy grabs #1 on the scoreboard. But there are so crappy standalones for the wii, that I don't want to spend all my money in one game... even for Zelda. :s
    Anyone who likes Zelda and Final Fantasy automatically has great taste in my book.

There is no Link in the Origin of the Legend of Zelda. (Zelda 2 tells us this.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelda_I...e_of_Link#Plot

There is no Link in the Origin of the Legend of Zelda. (Zelda 2 tells us this.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelda_I...e_of_Link#Plot
    This is going to sound really nitpicky, but that's not THE Legend of Zelda, it's a legend of Zelda. That legend of Zelda was the plot for just Zelda 2, the legend of why she was sleeping.

The Legend of Zelda is... sort of a broad term that is the story of every young hero named Link, every princess of Hyrule named Zelda, and the Sword and Triforce, especially. We already know the origins of the Triforce (long before any of the games); this is now the origin of the Sword.

I Wish it were coming out on a next gen console with modern graphics etc like the PS3 and 360 offer. Nintendo needs 2 step it up I love Zelda and all but its about time we get a modern Nintendo system that plays games with modern and polished graphics. WTB Zelda on a console that can pump out graphics like the 360

10+ Year Old Account
    I can-not-wait. I'm praying this one will take over Majora's Mask as my favorite of the franchise and if it does then holy crap it's going to be amaaaaaaaaaaaaazazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Canisis View Post
    I Wish it were coming out on a next gen console with modern graphics etc like the PS3 and 360 offer. Nintendo needs 2 step it up I love Zelda and all but its about time we get a modern Nintendo system that plays games with modern and polished graphics. WTB Zelda on a console that can pump out graphics like the 360
    Could just be me but I feel like they perfected the graphic style they were looking for in this game, it's a mix of TP's and WW's and as you get farther away the background in the distance looks like a canvas painting...beautiful imo
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Yeah I guess but imagine how amazing Zelda would look if it were running on an engine that produces environments and graphics like that of Skyrim etc

Quote Originally Posted by NilModern View Post
    Hoping to be able to play this on Dolphin.
    Dolphin doesn't support WM+ unless you have a physical Wiimote. I've tried, as the swordplay is a little unforgiving at times, and wanted something that would have complete precision, but no dice.

Everyone who's excited for it, you have every right to be :P I've been playing the game for 4 days now, about 6-8 hours a day, and with side-quests and a bit of farming for upgrades, I've only just beaten the 5th dungeon. The game is excellent, the controls are done very well for WM+, and fighting with WM+ for swordplay/sensor bar for aiming isn't too difficult after a bit of getting used to.
    Thanks Soko<3

I'm enjoying the game so far (yes i got it yesterday.... was surprised myself)
    I have to say, there are some minor things which are bugging me. But overall, it's a great game!
    You guys will love the new savespots!

Sold my Wii about a week after it came out but with the reviews this game is getting I've convinced a mate to lend me his Wii and i'll buy the game and let him keep it after i'm finished with it.

We already have the game but we still haven't gotten our Wii motion plus in the mail. Ughhhh delays delays and more delays. I'll still be playing it before release date and laughing at everyone else mwahahahaha. Can't wait to knock all the fabulousness out of that scumbag Ghirahim.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing MW3 and raiding on wow while I'm waiting.

I'm most excited about how the story will be like. I really love all of the stories of the zelda games i've played. and I've played most of them. I'm also excited how the gameplay will be like.

Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    We already have the game but we still haven't gotten our Wii motion plus in the mail. Ughhhh delays delays and more delays. I'll still be playing it before release date and laughing at everyone else mwahahahaha. Can't wait to knock all the fabulousness out of that scumbag Ghirahim.
    I'm already laughin at you, broski.

And I agree with you, ElAmigo. The art style in this game is fantastic; the best it's been yet. The only more I'd ask out of a Zelda game is for it to look like the Zelda: Wii U presentation demo (although we can probably guess that it won't look like that, because Nintendo loves cel-shading their Zelda games, and it was more of an engine/system preview).
    Thanks Soko<3

@ Caiada
    Don't start timeline discussions, it's like the circle of hell tho. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever since I heard of this game I have been staying away from any info about the games content as much as possible. The less I know about it the more of a mecha-boner I will get when playing it for the first time. Seeing these mentions of it being called the best Zelda ever, and possibly even one of the best video games ever from some is really getting me excited.