Page 1 of 41
... LastLast

[Megathread] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

In honor of the new console Zelda release,I made this thread, to gather all the Zelda fans I know are on this board.

I've been in love with the series since A Link to the Past way more than a decade ago now, and have played every iteration of the series since, though maybe not upon release. I bought a Gamecube solely to play Wind Waker, finally got into the OoT remake (had no N64) and Master Quest (brutal game), and got Twilight Princess for Christmas years ago.

So I've personally just finished the game, and I'd rate it as the best in the series, above my old favorite ALttP.

What do you all think of it?
    Last edited by Caiada; 2011-11-27 at 03:24 AM.

Yay, perhaps a megathread? Maybe?

Playing Oblivion while waiting, been listening to Fi's theme over and over, and it's making me want this game even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sitting here in extreme anxiety(almost) waiting for Nov. 20th to come so I can head to gamestop and pick up my copy of the Special Edition with the GOLDEN WIIMOTE
    *cues Heavenly Choir*

But yeah, I am waiting for this game to come out like and I'll play it like it's the last game I'll ever play XD

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

i seriously need to sell a kidney or something
    so many good games coming out, (new zelda being ofc the best were does one get the money for them all:P

i also love how its on 4th place or so on meta critics best games ever list already:P
    "I am the King of Rome, and above grammar."

I want this game, I really do. But in my new place I have a tiny room and just can't make much space for motion control.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm watchin fairy tail and playin skyrim which i got JUST to tide me over. That and for the pre order map. Oh also reading inheritance though i WOULD be playing the oracle games if i could just find em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping to be able to play this on Dolphin.

Still not sure I want to get it...haven't touched the Wii in such a long time...I feel almost obligated to play it but that's not the reason I should be picking it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Still not sure I want to get it...haven't touched the Wii in such a long time...I feel almost obligated to play it but that's not the reason I should be picking it up.
    I feel the same, i just moved out my parents house to my flat and no longer have a Wii. Im a huge Zelda fan but i dont think i can afford a Wii, a tv, a wii motion plus remote and the game I will die a little inside every day after its release until i end up selling my soul to get it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Yay, perhaps a megathread? Maybe?

Playing Oblivion while waiting, been listening to Fi's theme over and over, and it's making me want this game even more.
    If the mods want to add that into the title, I wouldn't be opposed.

I was going to replay through Twilight Princess, but I got a disc read error after herding those goats :/ Never before seen such a disappointing error screen.

---------- Post added 2011-11-14 at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    [img]http://i.toobnetwork.com/gamertoob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/0RfC9.gif[/ig]

Some reviews are claiming it's what the Wii should've been. Those are some pretty lofty claims to me, though there still just reviews. I was one of the people hyped by the Wii and ultimately disappointed, but gameplay trailers have shooed away my fears with sword play and what seems to be real utilization of its innovation.
    Last edited by Caiada; 2011-11-15 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marg View Post
    I feel the same, i just moved out my parents house to my flat and no longer have a Wii. Im a huge Zelda fan but i dont think i can afford a Wii, a tv, a wii motion plus remote and the game I will die a little inside every day after its release until i end up selling my soul to get it :P
    At least you can pay $20 more and get the game and a golden Wiimotion+ mote.

Deleted
    I was playing Twilight Princess recently, and it kinda felt weird. It seems annoying to me that i have to kill bugs to collect pearls of light in every new zone, just to unlock the non twilight part of the zone so i can play the same zone with adult link instead of wolf link again.

I hope skyward sword doesnt have any of that.

Trying to wait patiently...
    SO IMPATIENT!
    Special edition and everything preordered!

Went back to play Minish Cap but beat it in a few hours... Nothing else to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    I was playing Twilight Princess recently, and it kinda felt weird. It seems annoying to me that i have to kill bugs to collect pearls of light in every new zone, just to unlock the non twilight part of the zone so i can play the same zone with adult link instead of wolf link again.

I hope skyward sword doesnt have any of that.
    There's some backtracking, if that's what you mean, but as a whole, it seems to be far less structured than the Wolf->Link stuff. Most of the backtracking is returning to old zones with dramatic changes to them or dramatically different things to do.

i havnt touched my wii either since speeding through twilight princess. im not sure i have the motivation to get the new game

I haven't actually played any of the Zelda games except for one, and that was far too long ago to remember

I was still planning on getting this game though, reading a few reviews and their high opinions of it forced my hand. Any backstory/returning characters that someone would need to know?

I don't have a Wii, and I seriously don't want to buy one just for Skyward Sword.
    Is it worth to buy a Motion+ Controller and all these infrared settings, to finally play this on an emulator?

hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbsy999 View Post
    I haven't actually played any of the Zelda games except for one, and that was far too long ago to remember

I was still planning on getting this game though, reading a few reviews and their high opinions of it forced my hand. Any backstory/returning characters that someone would need to know?
    They're pretty much standalone stories (aside from some less-than-obvious connections and other exceptions). This entry is technically the origin story for the series too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    There's some backtracking, if that's what you mean, but as a whole, it seems to be far less structured than the Wolf->Link stuff. Most of the backtracking is returning to old zones with dramatic changes to them or dramatically different things to do.
    glad to hear that.