10+ Year Old Account

Changing from Light to Dark - Do you change class?

I can't find on the official site about what exactly happens when you change from Light to Dark for your class. I can understand a Jedi becoming a Sith but what about a Trooper do they become a Bounty Hunter? And if they do what happens to their weapons since a Trooper runs around with a huge f-ing gun and Bounty Hunters shoot a pair or pistols?

Anyone know exactly what goes down?
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

You don't change from Jedi to Sith. You don't change class. You're simply a Dark Jedi or a nice Sith. You're a mean Trooper or a happy Bounty Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    I can't find on the official site about what exactly happens when you change from Light to Dark for your class. I can understand a Jedi becoming a Sith but what about a Trooper do they become a Bounty Hunter? And if they do what happens to their weapons since a Trooper runs around with a huge f-ing gun and Bounty Hunters shoot a pair or pistols?

Anyone know exactly what goes down?
    They've covered this in Q&As, there is no faction switching. You can be an evil SOB who constantly crosses the line, but still fights for the Jedi Order and the Republic.

Conversely, you can be a Sith who fights for the good of the Empire, but also seeks to protect the weak and innocent, going against everything that the Sith Order teaches.

The "light" and "dark" slider in game is a morality slider, it's not tied to the faction or the force powers you use at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    They've covered this in Q&As, there is no faction switching.
    i find that kinda funny as you would think faction changing here would be simpler then in wow where you would have to change races. But as the above posters said, it does not effect what faction you are on, though I wouldnt be shocked if it played at least a minor roll in how the game progresses for you (otherwise it would seem kind of pointless to put it in the game)
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

Some interviews have hinted that your morality will have an affect on the story in the later parts (for example, a Dark Jedi can potentially get in deep trouble with the Order), but they've confirmed that you don't suddenly become a Sith by being a douchenozzle.

Would be cool if you could switch, but I think what theay are going to accomplish is regardless of faction a payer can "fill" their desired role in the game/lore and I am not talking about gameplay/combat role.

So people who join sith for example, if they want to play with friends, don't have to feel they as well have to play some evil character in the lore.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Sith in this game aren't the Sith as presented in the movies. In the movies, the Sith are just fallen Jedi taking that name to try and make themselves scary. In SWTOR, the Sith is the true Sith Empire. Inside it you can have nice guys, total dicks, etc. That doesn't change their allegiance to the Empire or the Republic.