Cheers curse yours truly Australia

So I refreshed my MMO champ page today and saw curse was giving away beta keys for short, naturally I near shit my pants.. I go to curse and get so excited!! Finally I can stop trying to find a fail pug for fire lands.. But apparently curse is only offering it to eu and north America? What a g up I've been waiting for this beta key for ever!

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to get around this barrier because I didn't nearly shit my pants for nothing..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing that since you've been waiting ages for the beta you have been signed up at the SWTOR site for a while too, and so according to Stephen Reid (quotes below) it shouldn't matter that you are in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Reid
    What if I do not live in a launch country for Star Wars: The Old Republic?

As long as you are signed up and opted in for testing, you will be invited to test in the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

I'm in Aus, I scored a beta key from Rock Paper Shotgun. I didn't use the beta key on my main account, as Bioware indicated this could affect your chances of getting into Beta if you signed up before the 11/11. They said all people signed up before 11/11 will get into a future beta weekend.

That said, many people in my guild [ www.theredzoneguild.com.au/ ] have been enjoying the last few rounds of beta testing. You may, or may not be aware of all that is happening for Aussie players of Swtor. Firstly, we still have no idea what is happening for a local launch. There has been no announcements made about about IF or When it is coming down under.

There are a tonne of Aussies still planning on playing at launch, and just about everyone in The Red Zone has ordered a copy from Amazon, or had someone from within the Green Zone order a copy for them.

Due to this local uncertainty, many Aussies banded together and made a PVE and PVP daisy chain. The way deployment is working, you can associate your guild with other Republic and Empire guilds. This is done, so that when your guild is 'assigned' to a server, you will hopefully end up on the same server as the other guilds yours is linked to. I can't speak for the PVE daisy chain, but the PVP one has 20 PVP oriented Republic and Empire guilds linked to each other.

This is the current daisy chain link for the Pvp Oceanic chain-

All going well, all of these 20 Oceanic guilds will end up on the same PVP server.

Worst case scenario, it doesn't work. Word will get out, and people will flock to a server nominated as the 'unofficial oceanic server' (Ala Proudmoore and Blackrock when Wow came out) and people will rush to Coruscant to make their guilds.
    Last edited by Kudos; 2011-11-15 at 06:20 AM.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Curse are IP blocking the signup page. I just used Tunnelbear (on my mac, use hotspot shield or another vpn service on windows) to get my key.

Curse should die in a fire for IP blocking, when Bioware have clearly stated they won't be.

I plan on playing SWTOR on release as an Australian player, and honstely finding an Oceanic PvE guild has been my only worrys so far.

I did not play WoW when there were no dedicated Oceanic servers, Do you have any suggestions on how i would work out which server will become the "unoffical" Australian server?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this happened to me i was really disappointed. I thought about downloading it via TOR but i just decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

Got mine off mmorpg.com. Last I checked that had 90k keys left.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforge1 View Post
    I plan on playing SWTOR on release as an Australian player, and honstely finding an Oceanic PvE guild has been my only worrys so far.

I did not play WoW when there were no dedicated Oceanic servers, Do you have any suggestions on how i would work out which server will become the "unoffical" Australian server?
    Check out the following link.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=275874

I would suggest signing up to any of the larger PVE guilds listed there, especially if they are confirmed for the PVE daisy chain link. You don't have to stay in the guild you join, obviously, but it's a good way of ending up with other Aussies.

And

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...ay/#more-82063

Still has beta keys - and no IP blocks.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?