Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Foods you can eat A LOT of that wont make you gain weight?

What types of food can I eat that wont make me gain weight?

I am not overweight, but in the past few years I've become really hungry. Maybe I've got more free time so maybe my bordem = hunger. But yeah I can literally eat like 4-5 large cupcakes in 1 sitting or eat slice after slice of bread with jam AND sugar ontop.

But I am afraid I might start getting fat if I keep doing this. So I am wondering. What types of food can I eat massive amounts that are still low calories? I looked up and noticed 1 cup of carrot = 27 calories, that's amazingly low. I want to go eat a few cups of carrots now.

What other types of food do you know that I could eat massive amounts of in a single sitting? My eating habits are really weird atm. I only consume a specific type of food for the day and thats it. So I need to look at the most healthy options so I don't get fat . I DON'T have a super-awesome-metabolism so I need to eat healthy. I noticed I gained like 5lbs in 2 weeks because my mum decided to bake sweats 3-4 times in the past fortnight which I ended up mostly consuming because I am eating like dog at the moment.

ps. I speedbike for 30klm to 100klm per day. And having a "stable" eating plan is out of the question for me. I can't organise food that well enough for myself.

Some people say you should snack between meals on raw Almonds.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, this isn't rocket science. You're eating far too many refined sugars. You should eat them rarely. The reason your still hungry after eating a bunch of cupcakes and and slices of bread with jam or whatever is because they are virtually void of essential nutrients your body needs, so you 'keep' eating.

Add protein to your diet.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Drink a couple glasses of water before you eat. You'll eat less.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

10+ Year Old Account
    rice, you can eat thousands of it and not even gain a pound.

Quote Originally Posted by GotMoxie View Post
    Drink a couple glasses of water before you eat. You'll eat less.
    I drink a lot. Doesn't really work for me though. All it does is make me piss more. I usually drink a glass of water before every meal anyway and I always drink a 600ml bottle of water each morning.

@Ronburundy. I used the cupcake thing as an example, eating 4-5 large cupcakes in 1 sitting...showing my ability to consume a lot of food fast, not many people can eat that amount in 1 go and feel like it's nothing. (When I mean large...I mean the type of cupcakes where most people eat the top then throw the rest out because its too sickening for them)

I travel a lot per day as I said 30-100klm's per day on the bike. So when I energize myself I usually "spam" eat the type of food I get out at the time. 1 day it will be a loaf of bread, the next it will be like 8 bananas. The next day a few punnits of strawberriers...then the next day a block or 2 of chocolate. lol.

Deleted
    Cardboard works for me, goes in brown comes out brown.

Also its in abundance, and can be used as a handy home-away-from-home.

O/T - Nuts & seeds are high in protein and full of slow releasing energy goodness.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by codsafish View Post
    I am not overweight, but in the past few years I've become really hungry. Maybe I've got more free time so maybe my bordem = hunger. But yeah I can literally eat like 4-5 large cupcakes in 1 sitting or eat slice after slice of bread with jam AND sugar ontop.
    You might want to get a check up. Had a friend who had this issue, they found out they had thyroid problems.

Deleted
    Protein is very filling.
    Vegetables are very filling.
    Big plate o' meat/fish and veggies and you'll be stuffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dial back on the starches and refined sugars. If you keep consuming them at this pace, you'll notice serious weight gain and medical problems in the near future. It sounds to me like you need more self control than finding a food you can binge on and "not get fat." Just eat moderate meals and snack on some almonds as previously mentioned, or celery, carrots, blueberries, pomegranates, etc. You can't binge on one food a day and expect healthy results, that's basic nutrition.

Crackers. Go wild on 'em!

Deleted
    Same thing happened to me. I was extremely lazy and lacked time to cook something serious so preferred to eat a lot of cookies and cupcakes and all other easily eatable stuff instead. But its not enough nutrition for you. What you are actually doing is "fooling" your body with sugars. So you constantly want to eat because you don't get protein.

Its very dangerous to consume so much sugar. Eat meat. Oh and not to gain weight - exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfducken View Post
    You might want to get a check up. Had a friend who had this issue, they found out they had thyroid problems.
    Im 170cm / 68kg / 24 years old / medium build / Male. Is it even possible to have a thyroid problem with those stats, wouldn't I at least be fat by now if that was the case?

As I said I speed-bike 30klm to 100klm per day for my exercise, but that I don't think is enough to support my eating if I eat bad foods for the day.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Crackers. Go wild on 'em!
    I hope you two are joking.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Fruits and vegetables. Just keep a fresh supply in the fridge and eat all you want. If you like deli meat get a whole bunch of sliced turkey and chicken and you can just roll up the slices and eat them as well. No prep time needed!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    Rice is extremely fattening...

To the OP, eating a lot of anything can make you fat. Just eat stuff that's more filling (more protein / carbs)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

- Cut back adding sugars, natural sweeteners like jams and honey are better for you.

- Try adding a multivitamin to your diet, they reduce craving initiated by lack of minerals. (I recommend Flintstones Complete, it may be child-friendly, but every well-respected doctor I know seems to recommend them - even to adults.)

- Drink water whenever you can, as much as you can. Clear, non-flavored, water. Tap is usually fine, depending on your area - don't waste money buying bottled water unless you don't have a clean tap. Hydrating your body properly can also avoid sudden cravings.

- There are various healthy snack that are relatively inexpensive: Crackers, Celery, or Apple Slices with Peanut Butter Dip, a Home-chopped salad (try not to use dressings and definitely avoid ranch), Fruit Salads, Half-cut grapefruits with fruit juices poured in, or a jar of nuts (peanuts, cashews, almonds, a mix of them, whatever you happen to fancy)
    Last edited by Leonidas; 2011-11-15 at 05:14 PM.

Just reading your post made me notice something you might not understand. You body has an extremely difficult time differentiating between cravings for carbs and thirst. In your brain its almost indistinguishable on a very basic level. The best way that I tell people is when they get hungry for something sweet or carb based drink a big glass of water. If after that big glass of water you still want the carb stuff have at it. 1. you won't end up eating as much and 2. there's no downside to having another glass of water in your day and 3. more often than not you probably won't eat the confection anyway. Give it a whirl.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by codsafish View Post
    Im 170cm / 68kg / 24 years old / medium build / Male. Is it even possible to have a thyroid problem with those stats, wouldn't I at least be fat by now if that was the case?

As I said I speed-bike 30klm to 100klm per day for my exercise, but that I don't think is enough to support my eating if I eat bad foods for the day.
    There's hypo and hyper, both have very different effects on the body. It's just a good idea to get blood work done at least annually anyway.

I think you guys misunderstood my post and what answers I want to get lol.

I just want info on what food you guys can suggest and please to include the calories.

Like I gave an example - 1 cup of raw carrots = 27 calories. Would like more foods you guys can think of (also including the calories per cup for example)