Deleted

Does Swtor stand up to Mass Effect 2 quality?

Lately BioWare's Dragon Age 2 didnt stand up to usual BioWare quality, so those who have been in beta answer me is Swtor atleast on Mass Effect 2 level of quality game.

That's a highly subjective opinion.

indeed - Dragon Age 2 was awesome ;o

10+ Year Old Account
    Like said, that's very subjective.

To me, this is their very best game ever. Others won't feel that way.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    When you say "Quality" do you mean graphics/textures

For what i have played so far, the RP is as good as ME2, if not better.

But if you count the "3rd person cover shooter" gameplay as quality, we might not see eye to eye.

Dragon Age 2 was awesome? Did you even play Origins? What was cool about DA 2? Was it that every dungeon you went into looked the same? Or maybe the forgettable plot and characters. OH maybe it's that you spend most of the game running around the same city of Kirkwall. I'm 30+ hours into the game and I've left Kirkwall a couple times. That's not my idea of a fun rpg.

I was in two of the Sept beta weekends. The game looks great. There are obvious little errors here and there that they are working on ( i mean it is in beta) but even in September I would have paid subscription to continue playing. The game is very good. I need to clarify i'm talking strictly about my experience. I played a Sith Inquisitor both times up to lvl 24. Did the Hutt Ball pvp and the Black Talon (?) flashpoint i think it was called and besides some little things here and there it was a lot of fun. I'm very excited for the game. Saying all that, the story aspects of the game even at low lvl compare to ME 1 and 2 and DA 1. I did not play DA2 because of the bad reviews and my general disinterest in DA1 but you shouldn't worry about the quality of this game. It seemed in September to be on the right path and I can't see that suddenly changing in four months.

In my opinion, ME2 is the greatest game in a long time and the only reason Skyrim is even mentioned anywhere is because ME2 was released last year and ME3 isn't out 'till March 2012. Yes I've said this before.

Subjective thread is subjective...
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    For what i have played so far, the RP is as good as ME2, if not better.

But if you count the "3rd person cover shooter" gameplay as quality, we might not see eye to eye.
    Well, the first part I would really disagree on. From what I've seen, the RP is TOR is very limited to very obvious choices like "feed the puppy/punt the puppy". For the first 20 levels at least, I was never in the situation where I was presented with a really difficult choice from RP standpoint, something that would really make me evaluate my views. Most of the times it's very black and white. Which is very Star Wars-ish, I admit, I just don't find such moral unambiguity to be very satisfying.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Well, the first part I would really disagree on. From what I've seen, the RP is TOR is very limited to very obvious choices like "feed the puppy/punt the puppy". For the first 20 levels at least, I was never in the situation where I was presented with a really difficult choice from RP standpoint, something that would really make me evaluate my views. Most of the times it's very black and white. Which is very Star Wars-ish, I admit, I just don't find such moral unambiguity to be very satisfying.
    There's some moral ambiguity, but Star Wars is ultimately a universe with a dark/light dichotomy. There are a lot of choices that boil down to "do what the questgiver asked" or "do what's morally correct" or "do what benefits you the most." Having any sort of choice is arguably quite an improvement on the MMO model, but don't expect Deus Ex level moral complexity in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    As people keep saying...fairly subjective this subject is.

Personally I found the experience from my Beta Weekend (last weekend) to be extremely enjoyable. I was completely absorbed into the story of my Sith Inquisitor and his struggles and I found the combat to be very well done surprisingly. I didn't expect the combat to impress me as much as it did but the companions and the way that you tend to fight groups instead of single enemies really works well to fuel the idea that you are the big awesome character in this world.

Compared to ME2? I'm not going to compare apples to pomegranates but I can say that I want to play this game even more than I did ME2 when I first got it.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Here's another question. If ME3 and TOR were to release on the same day, which one would you play?

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread isn't going to happen with the NDA in place. It's just impossible to talk subjective quality without breaking the NDA.

Closing.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net