• Dark side of the force

40 54.05%
  • Don`t care -> Chosing the contrary to what census will reveal

12 16.22%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Huge flocking to either side ?!

When wow was released a massive amount of players chose the alliance side, initial servers like burning legion were total madness
    When warhammer was released a colossal amount of playlers chose the destruction side
    Can we expect the same thing in KOR ?! if so which side

10+ Year Old Account
    Every major poll has both sides nearly even, even though most people take their personal opinions and make them sound universal. Don't listen to those people. =)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Every major poll has both sides nearly even, even though most people take their personal opinions and make them sound universal. Don't listen to those people. =)
    I suppose there have been thousands of polls before and you`r right..still on the games i mentioned the favouritism was quite clear and open, specially in warhammer
    You see, i have no alliance to play against in my realm, hence i need someone to hate when i roll x lightsaber wielding class

Surprisingly enough, me being skeptical and all, I actually expect to see some good balance in TOR. Just gut feeling. In WoW people chose alliance for better looking races. In WAR, people chose Destro for sheer awesomeness (Order was rather bland in comparison), pure cool-factor. In SWTOR, it doesn't seem to be nearly as obvious which side is "cooler" and both sides can make pretty characters, so...
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

I'll likely play both sides eventually, but will start with the Darkside.

I'd just as soon play on the least populated side for faster PVP queues. Initially I sort of expect the Empire to dominate populations, but over time as more people get into the game (non dedicated gamers like us on forums preordering games..) I am thinking that the Republic will dominate.

Hard to see, the future is..

Given what I have seen of the pre-launch community. I would guess more republic for pve and more empire for pvp. Course the pre-launch community is so much smaller than what we will have after release that it is hard to say. Overall though like Trolls said it is surprisingly even.

I have been the "good guy" faction in every mmo I have played. So I am going with empire this time to mix things up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    When warhammer was released a colossal amount of playlers chose the destruction side
    On the second week it switched side because the bright wizard was op, it came back to destruction when the bw was nerfed, and the Disciple of Khain took his place later.

My choice is visible in my sig i think, Imperial Sith Inquisitor Female Pureblood
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2011-11-16 at 10:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post

I'd just as soon play on the least populated side for faster PVP queues. Initially I sort of expect the Empire to dominate populations, but over time as more people get into the game (non dedicated gamers like us on forums preordering games..) I am thinking that the Republic will dominate.

Hard to see, the future is..
    Your avatar just wins.
    That is true, but since there are no flying mounts, you going for a low pop server could mean that you`ll hardly ever gank or get ganked in open world <3

10+ Year Old Account
    picking the one with the coolest armors, it's the only real effect it'll have in the long term

edit: looks like I misunderstood, I'll prob go republic since I still think sith will be overpopulated
    Last edited by jvbastel; 2011-11-16 at 10:37 PM.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Horde beats alliance
    Red beats blue
    Evil over good!
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

You forgot to add Grey to the poll

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    Horde beats alliance
    Red beats blue
    Evil over good!
    I disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe things will be fairly balanced.

But its actually a lot harder to play a truly evil character than it is to be a "do gooder".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post

edit: looks like I misunderstood, I'll prob go republic since I still think sith will be overpopulated
    Had this feeling as well, despite people claiming it to be fairly balanced

Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    Same, eventually I'll play both sides but I'll likely start as a member of the Empire, most likely a Female Sith Warrior falling Morally on the Light Side just to fuck with people. :P

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    But its actually a lot harder to play a truly evil character than it is to be a "do gooder".
    Not really, just have to put your personal morals(assuming your morals suggest killing, blackmail, demanding rewards, and the like are bad) on the back burner while playing. Was pretty easy for me to run around and kill every NPC I was instructed to kill even when I was given the opportunity to let them go.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2011-11-16 at 10:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Both side can be dark side, your choice during your playthrough affect that.

I'm confused as to what the poll is asking...

The Force is not the same as Faction....

So, maybe some clarification?

I will be starting as Empire, but I'm not sure where my choices will take me re: The Force, as far as Light or Dark side, because I haven't seen the story yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    The poll and OP make this confusing. Since you can be light or dark side in the game no matter what factio. You are, a lot of people will think that's what you mean. I think the OP meant Republic vs Empire though.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    So, there will technically be four different affiliations?

In wow i play both horde and alliance. But hardly play my alliance toons. I like horde better for sure. If I were to ever play Swotr I would start as sith just saying. So dark side.