Poll: Going to heal in ToR?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I will be leveling as a SI healer, I heard that questing isnt going to be too hard for healers because the companions will do more damage or something, which makes sense.

each new mmo i started i always picked a tank or dps class and would eventually regret it because healing was so much fun on my alt...this time im picking a healer right of the bat

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be either healing with sith inquisitor or a bounty hunter just haven't made up my mind just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    In the overall population, yeah, there will be. My main worry, in my guild at least, is that we have too many people wanting to tank. Lol
    Too many tanks? Now that's a cute reversal haha.

OT: I don't think there will be any real difference in Healer:Tankps ratios than in other games.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be healing right off the bat myself, it may just be due to the way that I was only level 18 when this last beta weekend ended but I found that leveling as a healer is nowhere near an issue in this game. With my companion I was easily able to stay at range at deal out some serious damage with my Inquisitor even on the healing spec. An added bonus was that if my companion started taking too much damage I was able to burst heal him right back up to full and we were good to go. It's really nice.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

10+ Year Old Account
    I plan on playing Sith Inquisitor: Sorcerer specifically to heal.

iirc healer gear is identical to your dps/tank gear.

if thats the case there's no real reason not to switch over besides preference. my guild seems pretty solid on heals, but if me swapping specs for a raid means the difference of us going or not going, yeah I'll swap.

Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    iirc healer gear is identical to your dps/tank gear.

if thats the case there's no real reason not to switch over besides preference. my guild seems pretty solid on heals, but if me swapping specs for a raid means the difference of us going or not going, yeah I'll swap.
    Eh, not quite. They've clarified a lot of this officially, so I feel safe commenting on it. Each AC has two primary stats it wants, regardless of spec. However, there are two or three secondary stats each spec wants, that the other specs may not. Hit, for example, is pretty useless as a healer. You can keep all your gear from a DPS spec and heal fairly effectively, but you'll realistically want to pick up a healer set.

Quote Originally Posted by NyghtFox View Post
    My main is gonna be a BH Bodygaurd so I'll be healing like normal =)

And as said above I cant talk more indepth about healing in TOR bc of the NDA so yeah.....
    ya know, this really irks me because I want to post about this stuff but then I remember oh yeah the NDA. Its strange how Bioware hasn't lifted it yet actually, considering their time table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimDesign View Post
    ya know, this really irks me because I want to post about this stuff but then I remember oh yeah the NDA. Its strange how Bioware hasn't lifted it yet actually, considering their time table.
    I would imagine it's to keep the later story parts under wraps....no spoilers and all that. :P
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

10+ Year Old Account
    myeh, I think it'll be the same as it is in WoW at the moment, healers and maybe Tanks (although there seems to be quite a few tanks, based on Forum Polls) will be hard to find for PuG's but guild will always have their solid healing/tank core. I know I'll be going Tank and my GF is going Healer, so I know I'll be fine, then we just need a couple more for our guild and we're sorted
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Healers are VERY capable on their own. AND a blast to play.

I don't think that's nda-breaking

For everyone under the NDA, that's for people posting pictures/videos. To discuss how the game plays isn't NDA breaking. If you go off on spoilers, that's bad, if you tell us a comparison to WoW and the ToR healers, that isn't bad.

Do you folks understand what I'm saying?

Stop being like 'omg NDA, I'm going to get sued if I post on a forum about how 1 class plays' and just tell us why you think healing is going to not be popular or healing is fun because. If I'm thinking about buying the game, I'm going to read reviews and all you guys are giving me at this point is a giant circle jerk about how you're scared.

No their won't be a shortage of healers or tanks. And about the NDA, their was over 300,000 people capable of playing SWTOR last weekend. Do you just talk about the NDA to feel some form of importance? The games good, and I'll be main healing, it's fun

Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    For everyone under the NDA, that's for people posting pictures/videos. To discuss how the game plays isn't NDA breaking. If you go off on spoilers, that's bad, if you tell us a comparison to WoW and the ToR healers, that isn't bad.

Stop being like 'omg NDA, I'm going to get sued if I post on a forum about how 1 class plays' and just tell us why you think healing is going to not be popular or healing is fun because. If I'm thinking about buying the game, I'm going to read reviews and all you guys are giving me at this point is a giant circle jerk about how you're scared.
    Actually, according the posted NDA, and the rules of this forum, what you're asking is actually a violation. We honestly cannot talk about our experiences unless we played at a convention, rather than in the closed beta.

It's more about the forum rules and not wanting to hassle TB with having to edit out a shitload of posts every time he logs. You would have to transcript a whole class story/scenario to get sued :P

Anyway I'll bite and try to keep it clean: I think healing is fun (at least in low levels), there's resource management, 2ndary resource management and player decision regarding what to do when. Also since you still train your DPS abilities, leveling is not a problem. Really.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been healing in WoW for years, and I started doing so long before dual spec was introduced. Heck, spellpower was even divided into two seperate stats, either you picked up "spell damage" or you went for "healing" on your gear. Anyone healing obviously picked the latter.

No dual spec in ToR isn't gonna scare me away.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronis View Post
    From my experience talking with healers in the beta weekend healing is VERY difficult, hell one compared it to useing plastic wrap to plug a hole in a boat. From what I saw healing was almost inneffectual in pvp and for flashpoints healers would OOF every other pull and would often OOF about halfway into boss fights.
    Basing any kind of judgement off of the beta weekend, where very few people got past level 20 and don't even have half the talents necessary for proper healing, is flawed. The same could be said of every role for the most part. Tanks that are not spec'ed quite right or wearing dps gear make healing during leveling harder. DPS that doesn't manage threat or use cc also makes healing harder. There are way too many variables to make a proper call on healing until max level is reached and we really see how it pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post

I understand exactly what you're saying. You're asking us to break the NDA by falsely stating that it's not breaking the NDA. Sorry, but I'm not falling for your trickery.