Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can we please stop saying SWToR or ToR?

The O stands for Old, not of. It is not Star Wars: The of Republic. It is Star Wars: The Old Republic. SWTOR. TOR for short. There is no reason for the O to be lower case.

Who started this ridiculous trend anyways?

10+ Year Old Account
    right behind you but dont turn around cause that will only piss me off!
    Your right to be angry this is an outrage!!!!....
    Ice cream sales increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is established fact). The number of drownings increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is also established fact). By your logic ... ice cream causes people to drown.

Does it really matter? SW:ToR is more appealing to the eye (imho) than all caps is. It gives the acronymed title something distinguished where as all the caps seem as though your yelling it. Though, this is just my prospective.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    The O stands for Old, not of. It is not Star Wars: The of Republic. It is Star Wars: The Old Republic. SWTOR. TOR for short. There is no reason for the O to be lower case.

LOL ToR won't mind either way I think.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will never stop saying swtOr.

Deleted
    Is this really something to write a new thread about? I dont see this issue being that big to waste precious MMO-C space

OT: I think some angry star trek fanboi started the trend to piss of star wars fans

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foster View Post
    Your right to be angry this is an outrage!!!!....
    You know, it's the little things that add up, and frankly I've seen much, much more useless threads on this board, so, yeah. Anyone remember "DUEL: VARIAN WRYNN vs GARROSH", "SYLVANAS vs TYRANDE" threads? Talk about useless bullshit huh?
    Last edited by Srg56; 2011-11-17 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I am an avid WoW player, and even though I could give two Sh1ts about SWTOR, I am so mad at the lower case O as well. Thanks so much for making my day-

I am surprised though that someone hasn't blamed Bioware for this. Or at least EA....

Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin View Post
    I will never stop saying swtOr.
    I second this motion

Quote Originally Posted by Auminer View Post
    I am surprised though that someone hasn't blamed Bioware for this. Or at least EA....
    HMMM you are right! If people can crusade against Blizzard and MoP we can crusade against this brothers and sisters!
    But really whats next, lets complain about the lack of cross eyed characters, or maybe why can't my character have a loving relationship with an inanimate object.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

the lower case o is "more appealing" to the eye because in our lives, we are subject to many acronyms, and all letters are always capitalized other than o's, i's and t's. Because the "o" is in the middle and "the" can, and does stay capital at the start of a phrase, it looks "nicer". But, it is in fact an incorrect acronymization of the name.

All that aside, it really doesn't matter. I like the CAPLOCKS name better myself, but what can you do, ignorants will be ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

I'll spell it swtor if I wanna spell it swtor. Or tor. Or whatever else. Sure is faster than typing out "Star Wars: The Old Republic".

...and technically, if the capitalization is what's bothering you, shouldn't it be "SW:tOR"?
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    HMMM you are right! If people can crusade against Blizzard and MoP we can crusade against this brothers and sisters!
    But really whats next, lets complain about the lack of cross eyed characters, or maybe why can't my character have a loving relationship with an inanimate object.
    Exactly, sometimes I wish people would act like they do on the internet but in real life. Would absolutely be hilarious watching people complain to their bosses or whoever. I know I usually point and laugh at those that are so nit picky over every detail in life especially ones that they can't control. I laugh, but I actually do feel bad for them, must be horrible not being happy with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Auminer View Post
    I blame Blizzard, it's clearly a conspiracy by them to make the competition look rediculous, and outrage random internet speling nazis.

Make me? Otherwise /ignore

*Checks URL bar*
    Oh we are on MMO-Champion, i thought it was the official forums...

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post

can we stop saying WoW already? it's not World Old Warcraft, its World of Warcraft...

this thread is silly and should be closed...