Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question about rangers

So I decided that I want to choose a ranger. But one thing is kinda bothering me. When a ranger is using his bow it appears that they are pulling arrows out of a non-existent quiver. And the shooting animations with the bow seems kinda unnatural. Will this ever get fixed cuss I don't think I could play a "hunter" type class if those things aren't fixed.
    Last edited by Crazycab; 2011-11-17 at 01:21 PM.

Where have you seen this footage/played the game?

Link if possible

Well there are many ranger vids on youtube. Here is one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofUCav0GTww

Well it's taking forever for me to be able to post a link, but there are loads of vids on youtube. Even the newer ranger vids show what am talking about.

i guess you must not play a lot of rpg games as an archer/hunter class then.
    can't really tell a (mmo or not) rpg game where someone actually pulls an arrow out of a quiver (is the quiver even visible in the first place?) before firing it.

do you also complain about character animation when they drink potions that came out of nowhere? cause that's about the same level imo.

ugh let's not turn this into an argument. The only mmo that I can compare it to is WoW since it's the only mmo I have played. Hunters in WoW have a quiver that they pull arrows out of and I like that. I wouldn't be able to get over the fact that rangers are taking arrows out of nothing. I know that might sound strange but it kinda ruins my immersion. But it's fine ill just play a thief or engineer...

And btw am not complaining, just making an observation. People here are really defensive.
    Last edited by Crazycab; 2011-11-17 at 01:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, Engineers don't get a bandolier!

I never noticed this. It seems like something that could easily be added, but I don't think it'd be high on Anet's priority list. I don't see an equipment slot for it either.

---------- Post added 2011-11-17 at 11:08 AM ----------

Oh, and some other classes get peripherals when using certain abilities, like when Engineers use their grenades and get those barrels on their back, or Necromancers cast with a staff and it turns into a scythe. Quivers match that trend, so it's not totally unreasonable for them to be added.
    Last edited by Barrowmore; 2011-11-17 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eventually they'll be added. I really don't mind a few small quirks in the game right now, it's understandable since this small company is taking on such a huge project (and trying to do it fast).

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here and just wait. Honestly at this point I don't really care, I just want to play.

This video is back in March, I'll try to find a newer one:

Here's a PvP video from 2 months ago (pretty recent):
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2011-11-17 at 02:25 PM.

Yea am sure they would add it in the future. Although it still might be a bit unrealistic that a person would be taking an unlimited amount of arrows out a quiver, I would still prefer it to be there just for cosmetic reason.
    Last edited by Crazycab; 2011-11-17 at 02:31 PM.

Give us magic bows who make magic arrows!

No?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazycab View Post
    Yea am sure they would add it in the future. Although it still might be a bit unrealistic that a person would be taking an unlimited amount of arrows out a quiver, I would still prefer it to be there just for cosmetic reason.
    Not unless he's specially trained in the art of making arrows from Nature magic? Let's play pretend for now. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    Not unless he's specially trained in the art of making arrows from Nature magic? Let's play pretend for now. :P
    Eh it is a fantasy game lol... maybe i am being to fastidious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    Rangers are described as the children of melandru so that wouldn't surprise me at all... that's also the reason i gave for the lack of quiver and bowstring int he first one xD.

@OP: I fail to see how the actual shooting animation doesn't look natural, it looks natural to me.. Well the barrage animation for the charr looks weird more because the arrows are shooting backwards and then going down somehwere infront of him... but the animation of him shooting looks good.
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2011-11-17 at 03:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you could play a melee ranger instead, or a warrior with a gun rangers aren't so special in the range department anymore either way.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be more worried about pets being able to revive rangers in a downed state during PvP than quivers. However, I'm sure they'll add a quiver in order to remedy the oddness of pulling arrows out of thin air. God...pets. The worst idea ever. I hope playing without one is a viable option.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    I'd be more worried about pets being able to revive rangers in a downed state during PvP than quivers. However, I'm sure they'll add a quiver in order to remedy the oddness of pulling arrows out of thin air. God...pets. The worst idea ever. I hope playing without one is a viable option.
    Just play a ranged warrior if you don't like pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Just play a ranged warrior if you don't like pets.
    I've had at least 3 people say this to me, it's just not acceptable. I am going to make the Warrior my main class, but I want to melee with him mainly, and do ranged only when it's viable. I'm not going to have my dedicated plate profession using a bow most often, and I should have the option as a ranger to be just as effective without a pet as any other ranger. If a warrior is able to be just as effective as ranger with a bow (still doubt it), then a petless ranger should be just as effective as a ranger with a pet. There are no excuses if other classes that are heavily melee reliant can be effective as ranged too. God forbid a game with so many options tie a profession down to a derptastic pet. I don't like pets, I don't want anything to do with them, and I'm tired of seeing "bow, dagger, green tunic" professions/classes getting tied down to pets.
    Last edited by Cuchulainn; 2011-11-17 at 09:37 PM.

Well then you are going to be disappointed as ANet already said that you will be definitely weaker if you try to play a ranger without a pet.

There better be wolf pets because wolves are f#cking awesome.