Deleted

I need help with my fan [Video included]

My fan sounds a lot. I have no idea which one of them though - if it is the motherboard (which I can get a refund on if that's the fan), the normal fan or the PSU fan. Here's a video with the sound:

Would be nice to know which fan it is so I can replace it.

Deleted
    def sound like its the CPU-fan that gets in contact with something but really man.. Why dont you just open the PC and check which one it is? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineZero View Post
    def sound like its the CPU-fan that gets in contact with something but really man.. Why dont you just open the PC and check which one it is? :P
    I have checked, but it's hard since the three fans sound as much when I place my ear next to them.

Deleted
    just check for loose cables that might hit one of 'em, it sounds like that... Sounds to me like a small fan too, seeing how fast the ticks are.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A crazy idea would be to unplug each fan one at a time and see if the noise persists.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    Or just stop them with a dildo or something. I mean, its not like they are going to slice your fingers off by just touching them alittle...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    A crazy idea would be to unplug each fan one at a time and see if the noise persists.
    Video won't play for me for whatever reason, but I'd just do what this guy/gal said.

Deleted
    And I really do not suggest putting your head inside a running PC. You could get a shock from it if you are unlucky :P and even if it wont kill you or anything like that I can still bet that it wont feel amazing.

Deleted
    Stop each one of the fans by putting your finger in the center, that way they'll stop spinning. If the noise stops, it obviously is the fan you're touching.

Deleted
    I'm having a hard time knowing whether it's the harddrive or the PSU fan that sounds so much - I dare not to touch both. Judging from the video, do you think that the harddrive could make such a noise? I have checked the harddrive's state, and it's completely okay, so it's not going to break down soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Stop each one of the fans by putting your finger in the center, that way they'll stop spinning. If the noise stops, it obviously is the fan you're touching.
    Do this. Or do as others have said, unplug all the fans and plug them in one at a time, starting with the CPU fan. To see if it's the power supply, find a paper clip and unfold it then form it into a U-shape, then disconnect the power from all devices, INCLUDING from the motherboard itself, so you should have a power supply that is only plugged into the wall and nothing else. Now, take the 24-pin ATX power connector (or 20 pin, whichever you have) and touch one end of the paperclip to the GREEN wire and the other end to ANY BLACK wire - it will start up, and if it's the fan in the PSU, you'll hear it and nothing else. This is completely safe and I've done it many times before, it's good to know for trouble shooting (just like touching a flathead to a couple pins to boot the motherboard out of the box).

If you need visuals, read this thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/96712/how...and-components

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Best suggestion yet.

just watch out with the other ones while doing this, I once cut my finger on my Twin frozr 3 :s