Thread: Switching mobos

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Switching mobos

Ok a few months ago i upgraded my computer (new mobo, cpu, gpu, etc) and it wouldn't boot, i took it to a tech place and they were able to install the new mobos drivers and all was good. They wouldn't really tell me what they did, so i am coming to you guys. My sister in law wants me to upgrade my nephew's pc, and this will be a part of his upgrade as well. Can i install the new mobo drivers before i power down and switch the boards? or is there something else i need to do?

I went to school for computers, but it's been years, and i am WAY out of practice. I guess that's what happens when you become a housewife LMAO.

Thanks guys.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well to do the upgrade properly you should reinstall the Windows operating system after making the switch. The reason we do this is to reduce the likely hood of BSOD errors, and old driver compatibility issues.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Well to do the upgrade properly you should reinstall the Windows operating system after making the switch. The reason we do this is to reduce the likely hood of BSOD errors, and old driver compatibility issues.
    Interesting, i know when i took my system in after i switched mobos, they didn't re install, BUT maybe that IS for the best, plus i think we'll upgrade to windows 7 anyway.