Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[Movies] What movie would you like to see remade?

Title says it all, what movie would you like to see remade, or what book would you wanna see made into a movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    Title says it all, what movie would you like to see remade, or what book would you wanna see made into a movie?
    none, I hate the idea of remaking movies, it's just lazy. Book into a movie? well the hobbit is comming out soo, I dunno, but if you make a book into a movie do what Jackson did and do it right, cutting shit out early like eragon did was stupid.

Ps. now that I think about it, remake Eragon but do it right.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

The problem is the movie industry takes really great movies and remakes them into shitty ones just to make a quick buck.

It would be nice if they would reverse the idea and turn cruddy movies into really good ones. The hobbit was mentioned earlier - the cartoon was a childhood favorite but by no means a great movie (or magical like the novel) - but the movie industry will convert it into another (hopefully) great film like the LotR series. ... it seems to be the rare case. More of these needed.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Robocop. I'd like to see it with the new snazzy tech and possibly a less zombie moving cyborg.

10+ Year Old Account
    none, if i like a movie enough that "in theory" i would like a remake, chances are the remake wouldn't be anywhere near as good, so it would in most cases result in pointless disappointment

I hate remakes I will say this on record.

If they remake Fast Times at Ridgemont High I will set Hollywood on fire and watch it burn

Aliens vs Predators : WHY?...out of all them it never truley was that Aliens vs Predators. there were humans involed and they were more of the stars then the predators. sure i know there needs to be some sort of named actors in a movie but you can make a great movie with the hero and the villian the stars.

ALL the Transformers: WHY?...i dont like any movies that have an established story line ( 4 or 5 years of cartoons and a 3 hour anemia movie ) and they dont use it other then the main characters and then they messed up on those. Bumblebee was a VW bug not a camero. Prime was a mack truck with a trailer not a peterbuilt. Shockwave was a boom box that had cassette tapes that made ravage, runble and screech not a satalite with a wurm mount thing. Skyfire wasnt a washed up SR-71. he was a Veratech fighter jet that the Autobots could actually sit in. he was freaking hugh. ill stop here on that.

ALL the Marvel movies: WHY?...again not a big fan of a movie made with story lines already in place, some for over 30 years....i wont go into detail but if any of you have a read comics and enjoyed them then you know what i am talking about.

im sure i will of a few more but this is a good start...

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Ps. now that I think about it, remake Eragon but do it right.
    This. The books were a great read but the movies just obliterated and shamed them further. The sad part was that Paolini said he liked the film. .-.

Although, in terms of other movies, I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of some old classics I used to watch when I was younger. Neverending Story, Willow, Princess Bride, etc.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The harry potter films were really big disappointments and I'd like to see them be remade properly.

Seven Days in May (1964) with Burt Lancaster, Ava Gardner, Kirk Douglas.

Great movie that could easily have a modern adaptation.

I would like to see more Twilight movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikvis View Post
    The harry potter films were really big disappointments and I'd like to see them be remade properly.
    What's sad is that J.K. Rowling had final say on what the movies would have in and leave out and switching sceens and whatnot. So I don't see anything else being better because the friggin author allowed these to be like they were

10+ Year Old Account
    Live action Brave little Toaster
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Eilassaria View Post
    Robocop. I'd like to see it with the new snazzy tech and possibly a less zombie moving cyborg.
    I want to know why they never shot Robocop in the jaw

Harry Potter, definitely. Not a big fan but man those movies were just bad. I really, REALLY wanted to like them.

Same with star wars 1-3. Really wanted to like them, but I've recently come to the startling realization that they did, in fact, suck (imo)
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Nikvis View Post
    The first film was true to the book (book was short, so everything fit into the film), but after that, Hollywood was going through directors for each movie like tissues. If anyone read the books they could see missing or inaccurate parts that seemed to be made that way to shrink an epic story into a short movie that little kids could sit through entirely before having to use the bathroom. The extended home video versions are better, which meant going to see them in the theater was a waste of time (and money).

With changing directors so often, each movie ended up with it's own mood, which was annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually just finished a trilogy of novels that I think would make interesting action flicks. Author's name is Charlie Huston, and they're pulp-style adventures... Caught Stealing, Six Bad Things, and A Dangerous Man. Apparently a movie company has the rights to the first book, so I can cross my fingers and hope. =D
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilassaria View Post
    I was going to say none, then I thought about it and I agree with you.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Live action Brave little Toaster
    OMG I had forgotten about this film!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    The problem is the movie industry takes really great movies and remakes them into shitty ones just to make a quick buck.

It would be nice if they would reverse the idea and turn cruddy movies into really good ones. The hobbit was mentioned earlier - the cartoon was a childhood favorite but by no means a great movie (or magical like the novel) - but the movie industry will convert it into another (hopefully) great film like the LotR series. ... it seems to be the rare case. More of these needed.
    hope you see this, Peter Jackson is directing this, all in avatar level 3-D, it will be the first movie ever! done with 48 fps. (All movies have been done in 24 fps) it looks amazing, though the popular thing these days is to cut it into two parts, so they are.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.